Thiago Translantara

Y

Youngie

Very poor game but not his fault really. He's been thrown in at the "deep end". Should been playing much more this season...

Galning

Very bad game, especially in the second half when he kept losing the ball and giving away bad passes...

Exactly very poor. But as Youngie said, he's hardly played lately and now he gets to start in Bernabéu when the team are playing like shite. He, obviously, still should've done a lot better though.

Indignado

Not a good game, but then again, Xavi wasn't exactly better in the past few weeks. He will become better if he gets his chances.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Exactly very poor. But as Youngie said, he's hardly played lately and now he gets to start in Bernabéu when the team are playing like shite. He, obviously, still should've done a lot better though.

He was kind of thrown into the lions when I look at it more calmly... This is something I had been meaning to say in Tello's thread. People are rooting for the kid, and rightly so considering our front line problems, but "sacrificing" a youngster is really the solution to our problems?

Thiago should have taken care of midfield once Xavi got injured and the management should have not delayed that...

Richard.H

Started the second half extremely well but deteriorated a lot once the RM players started pressuring the hell out of him. It's okay though, I have a lot of faith in him and with Xavi aging, all the Barca fans need to put their faith on this kid.

JamDav1982

Thiago looked tired 10/15 mins before came off but before that he was having a decent game.

He still makes a few sloppy errors but he tries to move the ball quickly, his movement off the ball is good and and can take it in tight situations.

I think he suffers a bit that he is unable to shake off an error and still plays with a bit of nervousness in his game. There was a point where he had a horrible first touch today and he ended up taking down Pepe near the penalty are. That error seemed to play on his mind and he had a horrible 10/15 minutes where he kept losing the ball.

Once he settles in the team and feels at home hopefully all that nervousness goes because he is about the only player in the sqaud that can take up the Xavi role.

dmode

I feel like Thiago gets a pass on this forum because he is considered a "kid". I personally don't think he is a kid - he is going to be 22 next month. Soccer players usually start to peak around that age. Look at Varane, he is 19. No one says that he has been thrown into the "lions". He stepped up when the opportunity was given and established himself as the future of Real defense. Thiago needed to do that today. He has been playing quite a bit this season and should have been prepared to take this role up.

He has tremendous talent, but watching him play today, I feel like he is not mentally there. When under pressure he was losing possession and not making the right decisions. In the first half he was in a very good position inside the Real box, but made a bad pass that was cut off by Pepe. He has also made a habit of losing possession very close to the Barcelona box that often leads to dangerous situation.

Anyway, I hope he really picks it up fast. It will be hard to buy a player to replace Xavi.

JamDav1982

I feel like Thiago gets a pass on this forum because he is considered a "kid". I personally don't think he is a kid - he is going to be 22 next month. Soccer players usually start to peak around that age. Look at Varane, he is 19. No one says that he has been thrown into the "lions". He stepped up when the opportunity was given and established himself as the future of Real defense. Thiago needed to do that today. He has been playing quite a bit this season and should have been prepared to take this role up.

He has tremendous talent, but watching him play today, I feel like he is not mentally there. When under pressure he was losing possession and not making the right decisions. In the first half he was in a very good position inside the Real box, but made a bad pass that was cut off by Pepe. He has also made a habit of losing possession very close to the Barcelona box that often leads to dangerous situation.

Anyway, I hope he really picks it up fast. It will be hard to buy a player to replace Xavi.

For every young player like Varane there are others like Xavi and Iniesta that hit their peak and cemented themselves in the team at a later age.

Playing in the midfield for Barcelona is probably the toughest position in the world to cement your place in and he is still young for that.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!

Varane wasn't thrown into the lions, when he started playing against us, RM were the underdog, we had the upper hand but poor finishing and bad defending got us a draw in the first leg... Then Varane got momentum and he's been truly great for 3 games... And not taking anything from him, because he's been truly great, but with the current form of our team even Ryan Shawcross would look half-decent, hahaha...

But consider Thiago, we got raped by Milan and by RM twice, the team is playing very badly at the moment, and then he gets to play as CM, arguably the most important position for FCB! Completely different situation... But as said earlier, he should have done better, but if he doesn't play how is he supposed to improve?

G

Gannicus

totally agree, thiago as had the privilege to learn and train with the best, when he gets his chance he has to take it, no good having potential, you have fulfill this potential and when you get an opportunity have to grab it with both hands, as you say the guy is 22 next month he should be banging on the door but he's not, something is missing, it's all just flashes class now and again, i hope he doesn't end up as player who doesn't live up to his potential, there's been too many :(

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He was not THAT bad it's just that all the players looked completely isolated from each other and disconnected. It's hard to act as a midfield organizer if everyone is lost and playing statically

Zincubus

Banned

Thought Cesc was bought to take over from Xavi ??????

ShandyFFM

disappointing performence from him.. i though he would try something like a dribbling or a shot be it seems like he was been told to stay at the xavi role ... he has such a potential but it seems like the club has to let him play the way he wants not like someone else style....

Home of Barca Fans