Thiago Translantara

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
I think its pretty clear that he still has a lot to learn. He has played quite a fair amount recently and although he has done very well,his inexperience has shown at times.Yesterday's performance summed him up I think; a few moments of unbelievable quality but also a couple of sloppy passes due to lapses in concentration.

Interestingly, looking at the passing stats he lost possession in our half more than in the opposition half, which backs up what you say.

UberNjufer

That view won't be popular, I highly doubt he is near xavis level yet.
i'm not comparing their careers but their current form.Top 5 in the world i don't think so raskolnikov.Xavi 2 seasons ago definetly xavi now NO WAY.He can still control slower paced games but even then there's no clinical passing anyomore just short passes which is fine but that is just nowhere near his best.The best example was el clasico,you can see he is not on top off his game anymore.

barcanuck

hi-res-161804413_crop_650x440.jpg

This guy bleeds Barca!

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Could start the first half vs Milan if Xavi isn't fit enough to start, played well against them last year.

misterplatin

i'm not comparing their careers but their current form.Top 5 in the world i don't think so raskolnikov.Xavi 2 seasons ago definetly xavi now NO WAY.He can still control slower paced games but even then there's no clinical passing anyomore just short passes which is fine but that is just nowhere near his best.The best example was el clasico,you can see he is not on top off his game anymore.

Even when I tell you that Xavi made the most Key-passes in Euro12 ! Yes, these days at Barca he doesn't produce many killer passes because we setup differently . For the last 2 season we have played differently and we don't have deadly forwards beating last defender to latch on through balls. Anyway you amaze me because game after game this season we have seen Xavi's importance .

UberNjufer

Even when I tell you that Xavi made the most Key-passes in Euro12 ! Yes, these days at Barca he doesn't produce many killer passes because we setup differently . For the last 2 season we have played differently and we don't have deadly forwards beating last defender to latch on through balls. Anyway you amaze me because game after game this season we have seen Xavi's importance .

You actually confirm my point and then say i amaze you :lol:,and we didnt see Xavi's importance this season,we've seen how important are messi,iniesta and puyol.Xavi has been average all season and it's not that hard to see.

dostoevskij

whats this talk about Top 5, Top 6, Top7, who cares? Xavi still is the brain of this team and will be for some seasons, I bet!!!. Thiago on the other hand will slowly learn to be his heir. Not a copy of course, and add a few other qualities.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Xavi has fulfilled his role perfectly but he hasn't been above average in adding anything else. No deadly through balls, less goals, less dribbles, etc. His importance is still there but he hasn't brought any other X factor to his game to make him a real force this season.

ShandyFFM

i think we should try to play with thiago instead of xavi against milan.. he has a higher working rate and because xavi isnt the youngest anymore he doesnt make to runs that often which thiago does to help the defense...

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
BD0tglbCQAA1Ybq.jpg:large

He was very involved in our play today and had a seriously underrated game. He was roaming everywhere and distributing the ball really well. He is very smart at playing long passes to the wings to spread the play out and keep us from getting clustered in the middle. Also he isn't afraid to take a risk.

Home of Barca Fans