Thiago Translantara

KhaledBarca

Thiago has 9 assists (Liga 5, Cup 4) in 1783 minutes = 0.35 assist per 90 minutes.
Cesc has 12 assists (Liga 11, Cup 1) in 3060 minutes 0.45 assist per 90 minutes.

Only Iniesta (0.53) has more assists for Barcelona this season (per 90 minutes)

jklz

Thiago has 9 assists (Liga 5, Cup 4) in 1783 minutes = 0.35 assist per 90 minutes.
Cesc has 12 assists (Liga 11, Cup 1) in 3060 minutes 0.45 assist per 90 minutes.

You have it the other way around. Cesc has 0.35, Thiago has 0.45. Point is clear though.

spark

Three of those four cup assists came against Alaves and Cordoba too. The kind of fodder teams from the second and 3rd division that Cesc and Alexis would get ridiculed for. You can only beat what's in front of you so it doesn't matter to me but the people who knock down the other two's contribution should think about that. Four of the five assists in the league were also against Zaragoza and Getafe. In the end I would rather look at chances created. Both players set up a lot of chances this season that weren't finished off.

Last edited:

Stric

Funnily both Cesc and Alexis played against Cordoba too, yet Thiago was the one shining.

All three played against Mallorca, as well, yet Alexis and Cesc were shining. Tello shined in some other games. Different days for different players, means nothing at that level.

spark

Funnily both Cesc and Alexis played against Cordoba too, yet Thiago was the one shining.

? Cesc also shined in that game. It was Alexis that didnt by missing all of the scoring chances created. This whole thing is becoming circular so Ill just leave it here.

Last edited:

KhaledBarca

Three of those four cup assists came against Alaves and Cordoba too. The kind of fodder teams from the second and 3rd division that Cesc and Alexis would get ridiculed for. You can only beat what's in front of you so it doesn't matter to me but the people who knock down the other two's contribution should think about that. Four of the five assists in the league were also against Zaragoza and Getafe. In the end I would rather look at chances created. Both players set up a lot of chances this season that weren't finished off.

Cesc has 64 assists this season (including 12 assists with goal) = 1.88 per 90 minutes.
Thiago has 21 assists (including 9 assists with goal) = 1.06 per 90 minutes.

Ursegor

World Champion
Who cares if someone averages 0.3, 0.4 or 0.5 assists in a game anyway? A game lasts about 95 minutes (with added time in 2 halfs). It doesn't tell you anything about a player's performance if he gives 0.3 or 0.4 assists in that time frame. I'd rather have someone making 0 assists but not messing up a great amount of his other 100 touches and passes than someone who assists a goal but overall misses fluidity in his game (messes up his ball control, touches and passes and lacks awareness noticeably more than his teammates). Especially when we're talking about midfielders.

Watch 0:07:

And:

I don't give a damn about his assist stats as long as he produces such awkward moments where the ball bounces away from him 3 yards after a simple pass.

B

Besiktas

I don't know why it should be Thiago vs Cesc!
Both are great and are part of Barcelona's future... no need for this silly debate!

Because the club is trying to sell Thiago for extra transfer funds in order to buy Neymar and Thiago Silva both. Thiago cost 0 € to us. Cesc cost 35 mil € to us. Thiago is 21 years old. Cesc is 26 years old. Thiago is Barcelona type midfielder. Cesc is Premier league type midfielder. If we sell Thiago it will be around 20-25 mil €. If we sell Cesc it can be around 35 mil €. If Monaco or PSG wants him, it could be even 40-45 mil €.

That is the reason of this discussion.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans