Thiago Translantara

USWAY

Superfly all I see you do is deny that Thiago has talent and continuously criticize the fact that he gets praised mainly in the form of sarcastically saying "But he does stepovers so he must be perfect right? :rolleyes:" Does doing stepovers make him bad, does being a flashier player than Xavi make him bad? He's not the best youngster in the world obviously but what reason is there to deny his talent?
The guys just spiteful because he was one of the leaders of the Cesc train.

USWAY

Yeah, like the people denying that Xavi and Cesc have both been shit this season, and please don't reply with some stupid Cesc stats, because they are mostly from matches against some bottom league teams.

Xavi just needed more rest but Tito isn't very smart, and Cesc has a tendency to fall off during the second half of the season because he's still working on meshing his Arsenal play-style with the Barca one. The midfield is good as it is. Tito needs to just stop playing Xavi in matches against lower teams, but I guess he feels he has to when your CB's are all injured and Dani Alves is your right back.

F

Flavia

Same weak teams that Thiago's playing against and producing nothing?

He has only 3 assists less than Cesc, with far less minutes. Cesc has a lot more goals, but saying Thiago produced nothing, with 1862 against 3150 minutes played is plain wrong.

Cule4life

The Culest
Xavi just needed more rest but Tito isn't very smart, and Cesc has a tendency to fall off during the second half of the season because he's still working on meshing his Arsenal play-style with the Barca one. The midfield is good as it is. Tito needs to just stop playing Xavi in matches against lower teams, but I guess he feels he has to when your CB's are all injured and Dani Alves is your right back.

Even if this is true (which is pathetic) Tito is too clueless to even realize Xavi has been poor defensively

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Same weak teams that Thiago's playing against and producing nothing?

I honestly doubt you watch the games because Thiago has been very great and has his fair share of assists for his lack of playing time. Not to mention he plays a deeper role and instead of admirable stats (which he does have), he produces the life and flair of the attack which has been missing a lot this season. He's constantly involved and a very talented midfielder whereas Cesc has gone invisible in most of the games he's played in during the 2nd half of the season.

spark

Superfly all I see you do is deny that Thiago has talent and continuously criticize the fact that he gets praised mainly in the form of sarcastically saying "But he does stepovers so he must be perfect right? :rolleyes:" Does doing stepovers make him bad, does being a flashier player than Xavi make him bad? He's not the best youngster in the world obviously but what reason is there to deny his talent?

And you in the Neymar thread? Hummels before that. I think if we go down that road of singling out individuals its heading for trouble .

Superfly

Banned
He has only 3 assists less than Cesc, with far less minutes. Cesc has a lot more goals, but saying Thiago produced nothing, with 1862 against 3150 minutes played is plain wrong.

Assists in La Liga-
Thiago:5
Fabregas:11

?

Makes no sense bringing up the "playing against crap teams" argument considering both players play in the same league.

I'd absolutely love for you to find a post where I have clearly come out and have said that I've doubted his talents.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
And you in the Neymar thread? Hummels before that. I think if we go down that road of singling out individuals its heading for trouble .

Neymar- I admit to being over-critical of him mainly because I'm reluctant to jump on his fan-boat before seeing him perform well in Europe. If he does, then I'm wrong and will give him the praise he deserves.

Hummels- never doubted his talent, just ability to fit in at Barca or be the CB type that we currently need.

B

Besiktas

When you make a wrong transfer, it effects the whole history. Let's see the domino effect. Below you can see the Thiago Silva's agents words.

Tonietto (agent Thiago Silva): "The year to sign Thiago was last year, not this one. But PSG paid more to Milan and to the player." [md]
Tonietto (agent Thiago Silva): "A transfer is very difficult now. PSG wouldn't want to sell, and the player has a very high salary." [md]

Last year we could have bought Thiago Silva for 38 mil €(this is the fee PSG paid to Milan). However we could not pay this amount for the world's best defender because of luxory 35 mil € Cesc transfer in the previous year. If we had not bought Cesc, we could have bought Thiago Silva and will not think about Puyol replacement for 4-5 years. If we had bought Thiago Silva, we would not abuse to Pique since we could bench him and play Thiago Silva and Puyol defence.

If we had not bought Cesc, we could give more playing time to Thiago for his development. If we had not bought Cesc, we would not be in a situation to sell Thiago for more transfer funds.

This club's management had sucked in Cesc transfer. We bought a player who left his dream team at 16 years old instead of waiting patiently like Samper and Thiago and more importantly we did not need him in that time. Now, we are trying to sell Thiago in order to increase our transfer budget so that we could buy Neymar. This is totally stupid. Fuck Neymar, fuck Cesc. We should be a football club not a social club.

Superfly

Banned
All competitions. Thiago has 9, Cesc 12.

Other guy mentioned bottom league teams so I assumed we were talking about the league..

Ironic since you are among those who deny that Cesc has been shit this season and his "great stats" are against weak teams

:lol: again I want to know where people come up with this considering I haven't commented about Cesc in ages

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans