Thiago Translantara

Alissa

^Yes, but the question is what would have happened had the club not accepted those clauses? He could have left right there and then for example. So the club accepting this, means that the other options were even worse. So yes, it all goes back to Tito.

Galning

How can it be Tito's fault if he isn't the one negotiating the player's contract? Is it Tito's fault that the club gave him such a clause?

kollegah

just because of the non existing talent of cesc, thaigo is better in every aspect and the lame cesc played more, delusional

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
People can say what they want, but it won't change the fact that Thiago is our 2nd best midfielder after Iniesta and selling him will be the worst decision in the history of this club.

Garrus

How can it be Tito's fault if he isn't the one negotiating the player's contract? Is it Tito's fault that the club gave him such a clause?
Actually it's not the club's fault or tito's, The clause is there because the player wanted it to be there, He's not an angel after all or a 'cule to the death' kind of player, He wanted an option to leave if he didn't get certain amount of minutes, And i doubt the club had any other choice but to accept, And it's not the coach job to worry about clauses, The line-ups are chosen based on performances, Not contracts.

Alissa

@galning it's Tito's fault because he didn't play him enough. I don't know if he knew about the clause (if not then the whole management team should be fired) but it shouldn't have mattered at all to be frank because he had enough reasons (Xavi being tired, Cesc...well Cesc being Cesc) and opportunities to play him and he failed to do so. So as far as I am concerned, I blame Tito.

Galning

Actually it's not the club's fault or tito's, The clause is there because the player wanted it to be there, He's not an angel after all or a 'cule to the death' kind of player, He wanted an option to leave if he didn't get certain amount of minutes, And i doubt the club had any other choice but to accept, And it's not the coach job to worry about clauses, The line-ups are chosen based on performances, Not contracts.

This has nothing to do with being a culé or not. I am a culé but if I was as talented as Thiago I wouldn't want to be wasted on the bench either. Especially not if I see how Fàbregas plays some games.
Yes I agree. The club had no option, it's not Tito's fault that he has such a clause & it's not Thiago's fault for being benched either. I don't see the big fuzz about this issue.

Yeah Alissa I agree. Will Tito be partially responsible if he leaves? Yes. Is it Tito's fault that he will be able to leave for such a low fee? No.

I am the the first to argue that Thiago has to play more by the way.

JonM

People can say what they want, but it won't change the fact that Thiago is our 2nd best midfielder after Iniesta and selling him will be the worst decision in the history of this club.

The club is not selling him. It's about another club paying the buyout clause and Thiago choosing to leave. The club has no say in this.

Unless they draw up a new contract? But Thiago will probably want assurances that he will play a lot more.

I can see him asking for the same clause in the new contract (lower buyout clause if he doesn't get X amount of playing time). I'd still give him a new contract though, even if he asks for that clause again.

Edit:

Barcastuff: ESP U21 players will be released from Wednesday to Sunday, which means Montoya, Bartra, Thiago and Tello are available for Malaga game.

I believe Thiago'll be at 60% which means his buyout clause goes back up to 90m if he plays against Malaga.

Last edited:

Garrus

This has nothing to do with being a culé or not. I am a culé but if I was as talented as Thiago I wouldn't want to be wasted on the bench either. Especially not if I see how Fàbregas plays some games.
Yes I agree. The club had no option, it's not Tito's fault that he has such a clause & it's not Thiago's fault for being benched either. I don't see the big fuzz about this issue.

Yeah Alissa I agree. Will Tito be partially responsible if he leaves? Yes. Is it Tito's fault that he will be able to leave for such a low fee? No.

I am the the first to argue that Thiago has to play more by the way.
I said it just a while ago, He has the right to leave and have minutes somewhere else, But that's not what's happening, If that was the intention he would've already reached an agreement with some other club, But what he actually did, Is create a circus of rumors and speculations surrounding his future, Which had to come from either his agent or someone close, Which we all know what's the purpose behind it, Pressure the club and the coach to give him more minutes, And i'm not okay with this, At all, Tito shouldn't feel forced to give someone minutes because he's afraid he'll lose him or go away cheaply, That's not a good way to manage a team.

barca7788

Nepali Cule
i dont think he has been as good as lots are suggesting here. definitely should have got more playing time but i dont know if he was good than cesc.

spark

He is not better than Xavi and Busquets so its not a fact. Just delusions.

He is not better than Xavi and Busquets so its not a fact. Just delusions.

This. Xavi hasn't been at his best this season, at least not consistently, but he can still be amazing when he's in-form and fit and we get our tactics right (see the Milan game).

As for Busquets, I'd say he's been our 2nd best mid this season (despite his stretch of poor form, which was likely due to his injury, which he's apparently had since January).

Hell, Fabregas was better in the first half of the season, though Thiago's been better in the second half.

Don't get me wrong though, Thiago's an amazing talent, and I'd be furious if he left.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans