Thiago Translantara

F

Flavia

The line-ups are chosen based on performances, Not contracts.
Nope, not this season. Or pedro would'd seen the bench a lot.

Md has a piece saying FCB will let Thiago decide is future. They told him they count on him, but won't improve his contract to avoid the 18m clause
http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20130528/fc-barcelona/thiago-decidira-sigue-barca_54374906132.html

I said it just a while ago, He has the right to leave and have minutes somewhere else, But that's not what's happening, If that was the intention he would've already reached an agreement with some other club, But what he actually did, Is create a circus of rumors and speculations surrounding his future, Which had to come from either his agent or someone close, Which we all know what's the purpose behind it, Pressure the club and the coach to give him more minutes, And i'm not okay with this, At all, Tito shouldn't feel forced to give someone minutes because he's afraid he'll lose him or go away cheaply, That's not a good way to manage a team.
Pressure the club, now? If this was sooner on the season, but now? Tito should had given him more minutes instead of overplaying Xavi in meaninless games. Taking this away from Tito, like he's a saint or something is nonsense. Tito is at fault for giving him way less minutes than he had last season, there's no denying it. This hinders a players development. He's been a poor coach, especially regarding the younger players.

JonM

Nope, not this season. Or pedro would've seen the bench a lot.

Md has a piece saying FCB will let Thiago decide is future. They told him they count on him, but won't improve his contract to avoid the 18m clause
http://www.mundodeportivo.com/20130528/fc-barcelona/thiago-decidira-sigue-barca_54374906132.html

Pressure the club, now? If this was sooner on the season, but now? Tito should had given him more minutes instead of overplaying Xavi in meaninless games. Taking this away from Tito, like he's a saint or something is nonsense. Tito is at fault for giving him way less minutes than he had last season, there's no denying it. This hinderes a players development. He's been a poor coach, especially regarding the younger players.

What's in Pedro's contract that prevent him from being benched?

F

Flavia

What's in Pedro's contract that prevent him from being benched?
My reply was for the performance part. Because the lineups were not chosen by this criteria, or pedro would had been benched a lot.

JonM

My reply was for the performance part. Because the lineups were not chosen by this criteria, or pedro would had been benched a lot.

Okay. It's debatable because it's very possible that the coaches, right or wrong, believe that Pedro brings more to the plate than Tello, his only real competitor for a starting spot.

It certainly doesn't disprove that line-ups aren't based on contracts.

Cule4life

The Culest
How in the world can it be Tito's fault? We should lynch the person responsible for accepting such ridiculous clauses in contracts. Same as for Tello, Deulofeu etc, with those awful buyout clauses and chances of them getting away for very cheap.

Why shouldnt we lynch the person who plays a 33 year declining player over a 22 year promising player who needs playtime to develop

If he doesn't relate or feel much toward the red and blue, He should leave, I don't want someone trying to extort and force the club to give him more playing time, If you want minutes, Go and show you earn it and that you deserve the starting spot more than xavi, On training and on the pitch, That's how things work.

Yes a 33 year old declining out of form player with a chronic Achilles has certainly earned every single minute of playtime even in meaningless over a promising 22 year who needs playtime to develop.
Are you Tito in disguise?

Last edited:

JonM

Why shouldnt we lynch the person who plays a 33 year declining player over a 22 year promising player who needs playtime to develop

Because that 33 year-old "declining player" is Xavi fuckin Hernandez, not some random old midfielder from a mid-table team.

Cule4life

The Culest
Because that 33 year-old "declining player" is Xavi fuckin Hernandez, not some random old midfielder from a mid-table team.

By declining i mean he is not fit enough to play 50 games a season. Thiago should play more and Xavi should be reserved for important games

Garrus

Nope, not this season. Or pedro would'd seen the bench a lot.

Pressure the club, now? If this was sooner on the season, but now? Tito should had given him more minutes instead of overplaying Xavi in meaninless games. Taking this away from Tito, like he's a saint or something is nonsense. Tito is at fault for giving him way less minutes than he had last season, there's no denying it. This hinders a players development. He's been a poor coach, especially regarding the younger players.
Bench pedro and play who exactly? Alexis?, He was very horrible in the first half of the season, I don't have to remind you of that, But he kicked it up in the second half and not coincidentally, Pedro started seeing the bench more.
The reason thiago played more last season, Apart from the fact he actually played better, Is because he didn't have fabregas to compete against in the midfield, This was our most used line-up:
Alves-Masch-Puyol-Adriano
----Xavi-Busi-Thiago------
--Alexis-Messi-Fabregas---

As you can see, Fabregas was mostly used a left winger, And in times where iniesta or xavi couldn't play, Pep only had thiago to cover for them, And iniesta isn't in here because he had 2 injuries last season one of them was long, And hence thiago covered for him, And the same applies with xavi.

You can go back a few months in this thread, And read the comments, You'll most likely see my comment and from many others, Criticizing thiago's underwhelming performances this season, And the fact he's been average most of the games, With only the getafe game early in the season is worthy of something, And remained anonymous, Until the zaragoza match a while ago, So yes, It's no shock he hasn't played as much as last season, Due to the fact this year he hasn't been the same since his long injury in the summer, And he has fabregas now as a rival.

And i don't know where you came up with that youngsters thing:
Montoya: Last season, 3(4) appearances in first eleven/substitute
This season 10(4)!
Tello: Last season 3(12)
This season 12(10) !!

Stric

How can it be Tito's fault if he isn't the one negotiating the player's contract? Is it Tito's fault that the club gave him such a clause?

It's Tito's fault that this situation has come up, that is, that Thiago hasn't played much. The clause in the contract is noone's "fault". Obviously both sides agreed on it and that's that.

F

Flavia

Bench pedro and play who exactly? Alexis?, He was very horrible in the first half of the season, I don't have to remind you of that, But he kicked it up in the second half and not coincidentally, Pedro started seeing the bench more.
The reason thiago played more last season, Apart from the fact he actually played better, Is because he didn't have fabregas to compete against in the midfield, This was our most used line-up:
Alves-Masch-Puyol-Adriano
----Xavi-Busi-Thiago------
--Alexis-Messi-Fabregas---

As you can see, Fabregas was mostly used a left winger, And in times where iniesta or xavi couldn't play, Pep only had thiago to cover for them, And iniesta isn't in here because he had 2 injuries last season one of them was long, And hence thiago covered for him, And the same applies with xavi.

You can go back a few months in this thread, And read the comments, You'll most likely see my comment and from many others, Criticizing thiago's underwhelming performances this season, And the fact he's been average most of the games, With only the getafe game early in the season is worthy of something, And remained anonymous, Until the zaragoza match a while ago, So yes, It's no shock he hasn't played as much as last season, Due to the fact this year he hasn't been the same since his long injury in the summer, And he has fabregas now as a rival.

And i don't know where you came up with that youngsters thing:
Montoya: Last season, 3(4) appearances in first eleven/substitute
This season 10(4)!
Tello: Last season 3(12)
This season 12(10) !!

10ish games for Tello and Montoya is good? Ok then. Many games Alves could've use a rest, like the last one, when he was coming back from injury. Tello also deserved more playing time than Pedro. Cesc has also been awful the 2nd part of the season, and Thiago was better, and still had less playing time. It's a clear case of the coach picking his favorites to play, despite the bad form. Not to mention the games Cesc was the false 9, and Thiago was still on the bench.

It is pretty clear that Sandro "wants" Thiago to stay but he wpuldn't mind getting 18 millions in order to buy the players that WE REALLY NEED ( I'm not against Neymar's signing but to pay 60 millions for a player who didn't even play copa libertadores , didn't do anything in copa America and hasn't proven anything in friendlies with brazil should be a crime). It's obvious Sandro doesn't mind Thiago going b.c that way we can get money to buy what we really need.

Home of Barca Fans