Thiago Translantara

F

Flavia

It is pretty clear that Sandro "wants" Thiago to stay but he wpuldn't mind getting 18 millions in order to buy the players that WE REALLY NEED ( I'm not against Neymar's signing but to pay 60 millions for a player who didn't even play copa libertadores , didn't do anything in copa America and hasn't proven anything in friendlies with brazil should be a crime). It's obvious Sandro doesn't mind Thiago going b.c that way we can get money to buy what we really need.

What? Neymar won the libertadores, and was Santos' main player when they did it.

Garrus

10ish games for Tello and Montoya is good? Ok then. Many games Alves could've use a rest, like the last one, when he was coming back from injury. Tello also deserved more playing time than Pedro. Cesc has also been awful the 2nd part of the season, and Thiago was better, and still had less playing time. It's a clear case of the coach picking his favorites to play, despite the bad form. Not to mention the games Cesc was the false 9, and Thiago was still on the bench.
Isn't that how they usually deal youngsters, Gradually increasing their play-time, 12 appearances as a starter doesn't sound like much at first, But considering tello only started 3 last season, I think it's a good progress.
Actually dani played more matches last season, Xavi also, Anyway, I'm also puzzled why alves didn't rest more, And i don't know why montoya didn't start more, I'm sure tito has his reasons, Maybe montoya hasn't impressed him enough, That's the most logical and likely reason, As far as i'm concerned, Just because he didn't play X or Y, Or used some formation i like, I call him, Biased or blind, Because it doesn't make any sense, I try to remain logical.

BarcaGirl

The buyout clause of Barcelona midfielder Thiago will be 18M until 31 July. From August on, it will be again be 90M. [rac1]

:icon_neutral:

Jaguar

Flair Trait
The buyout clause of Barcelona midfielder Thiago will be 18M until 31 July. From August on, it will be again be 90M. [rac1]

:icon_neutral:

What a pointless piece of news, he will be gone way before then if he wants to leave. Confident he'll stay however.

spark

Bench pedro and play who exactly? Alexis?, He was very horrible in the first half of the season, I don't have to remind you of that, But he kicked it up in the second half and not coincidentally, Pedro started seeing the bench more.
The reason thiago played more last season, Apart from the fact he actually played better, Is because he didn't have fabregas to compete against in the midfield, This was our most used line-up:
Alves-Masch-Puyol-Adriano
----Xavi-Busi-Thiago------
--Alexis-Messi-Fabregas---

As you can see, Fabregas was mostly used a left winger, And in times where iniesta or xavi couldn't play, Pep only had thiago to cover for them, And iniesta isn't in here because he had 2 injuries last season one of them was long, And hence thiago covered for him, And the same applies with xavi.

You can go back a few months in this thread, And read the comments, You'll most likely see my comment and from many others, Criticizing thiago's underwhelming performances this season, And the fact he's been average most of the games, With only the getafe game early in the season is worthy of something, And remained anonymous, Until the zaragoza match a while ago, So yes, It's no shock he hasn't played as much as last season, Due to the fact this year he hasn't been the same since his long injury in the summer, And he has fabregas now as a rival.

And i don't know where you came up with that youngsters thing:
Montoya: Last season, 3(4) appearances in first eleven/substitute
This season 10(4)!
Tello: Last season 3(12)
This season 12(10) !!

You can post all the statistics in the world. People here prefer their impression over what actually happened. Tello has actually played more minutes in the league this year than he ever played in Second division with the B team for example.

2012/2013 Barcelona Primera Division 1170 (Minutes) 22 (Appearances) 12 (starts) 10(subs)

2011/2012 Barcelona Primera Division 437 (Minutes) 15 (Appearances) 3(starts) 12(subs)

2011/2012 Barcelona B Segunda Division 1060 (Minutes) 16 (Appearances) 11(starts) 5(subs)

2010/2011 Barcelona Primera Division 0 0 0 0 0

2010/2011 Barcelona B Segunda Division 957(Minutes) 22 (Appearances) 12(starts) 10(subs)

Its a clear and normal trajectory.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Isn't that how they usually deal youngsters, Gradually increasing their play-time, 12 appearances as a starter doesn't sound like much at first, But considering tello only started 3 last season, I think it's a good progress.
Actually dani played more matches last season, Xavi also, Anyway, I'm also puzzled why alves didn't rest more, And i don't know why montoya didn't start more, I'm sure tito has his reasons, Maybe montoya hasn't impressed him enough, That's the most logical and likely reason, As far as i'm concerned, Just because he didn't play X or Y, Or used some formation i like, I call him, Biased or blind, Because it doesn't make any sense, I try to remain logical.

Alves is 30, Xavi 33. Both been injured a lot this season, so the logical thing to do would be to rest them a little, in the less important matches. This didn't happen. Even after securing the title. That's what bothers me, specially considering Xavi's chronical problem.

He won it in 2011. This is 2013 .I'm talking about Neymar not playing 2013 libertadores.

Santos has a horrible team, since last year. How is this his fault, or relevant?

Indignado

"More" doesn't mean "enough", with this logic you could say it's good if they play 100 minutes more every season. It's obvious all of those youngsters should have played more than they have.

Garrus

Alves is 30, Xavi 33. Both been injured a lot this season, so the logical thing to do would be to rest them a little, in the less important matches. This didn't happen. Even after securing the title. That's what bothers me, specially considering Xavi's chronical problem.
Let's just hope thiago and montoya, Step up their game next season.

XaviMessiGirl

How can they step up their game if they don't even get to play in unimportant games?

Exactly, they don't get enough chances to prove themselves. I don't know what changed but I feel like we don't have faith in youth anymore like we used to. Don't even care enough to get a B team coach who knows what he's doing, when we promote guys they don't get enough minutes, maybe with a couple of them they see something we don't but I think in the least that Thiago and Montoya should have played more than they did this season.

Jadentheman

Santos has a horrible team, since last year. How is this his fault, or relevant?

I agree Flavia, Santos is garbage. I actually feel for the team because they are in big trouble of relegating now they lost the person who continually saves them.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
This unknowngenuis guy seems to have this illogical hate for Neymar, he's always trying to discredit him at every opportunity. Is he Perez in disguise?

Home of Barca Fans