Thiago Translantara

Jadentheman

If Thiago leaves then it's for the best with him. It would be a mistake on management and Tito though. No one can stop him if he decides. If the worst comes I wish him the best. Although the Mata rumors are 100% BS

ryaninho

The thing is maybe he wants out for regular football which is a damn site better than sitting on the bench even if it's at barca Think about it mata, hazard, naymar, isco, wilshere, strootman, oscar, balotelli and otheres in his age group are first on the team sheet in they respective teams playing regular 90mins week in week out. If i were him and ManU or any other big team came kncking offering my regular first team action I would go as i would value my career more.

ceefoo

The thing is maybe he wants out for regular football which is a damn site better than sitting on the bench even if it's at barca Think about it mata, hazard, naymar, isco, wilshere, strootman, oscar, balotelli and otheres in his age group are first on the team sheet in they respective teams playing regular 90mins week in week out. If i were him and ManU or any other big team came kncking offering my regular first team action I would go as i would value my career more.
Mata is 25 now. And the difference with these other players is they aren't/weren't playing for one of the greatest club teams the world has ever witnessed. Thiago is.

And arguably the best midfield in world football also. And I don't see how staying at Barca is bad career move. He may get more playing time at another club, but as has been proven throughout time: The grass isn't always greener, on the other side of the fence.

jamrock

everyone wants to be a starter younger and younger these days from that stand point he needs to be patient, doesn't matter what you do when you are 22 but when you are 26 plus, but he needs to be given a bit more responsibility as the difference in talent between him and the likes of veratti,wilshere,gundogan and they likes his text to zero. but they aren't playing with xavi and iniesta and he needs to remember that. i mean if Robert can't get a chance what would he expect.lol.

Irish_Cules

That's why if he really wants to go to get more playing time , he should go on loan. 2 years at United and after that he can return and replace Xavi.

Manchester United aren't the sort of club who get players on loan and let them develop before sending them back. They're one of the biggest clubs in the world. They look to buy the best talents, not get them on loan.

Butaan4barca

everyone wants to be a starter younger and younger these days from that stand point he needs to be patient, doesn't matter what you do when you are 22 but when you are 26 plus, but he needs to be given a bit more responsibility as the difference in talent between him and the likes of veratti,wilshere,gundogan and they likes his text to zero. but they aren't playing with xavi and iniesta and he needs to remember that. i mean if Robert can't get a chance what would he expect.lol.

Totally understand his decision, i might have done the same, if i was in his place. The guy is ready and wants to play in big games, but obviously we can't guaratee him that ahead of xavi or fab.

But something he is forgetting is that, he ain't gona get any guarantees in Manu too. David moyes might leave him out at will, the kind of personality that guy has.

He might regret going there. He should consider arsenal if he has a option. We should promote robertoo.

PaCmAn

http://m.101greatgoals.com/blog/thi...-2014-dream-man-united-bayern-lead-race-sport

Thiago Alcântara wants to leave Barcelona according to the front page of Spanish daily Sport on Tuesday.
With the headline “Thiago wants to go” splashed on their paper, jounrnalist Tomas Andreu reports that the Spanish Under-21 midfielder now sees his future away from the Nou Camp as the player wants to play more minutes of top flight football in order to get himself into Spain’s 2014 World Cup squad.
Sport claim that days before the Euro U21 Championships Finals kicked off in Israel, Thiago Alcântara sat down with Barca boss Tito Vilanova but the meeting did not go the way the player had hoped. Sport report:
The meeting with Tito Vilanova, days before joining with the selection to start the European under-21, did not appease the expectations of a player who is convinced that one can only progress if you have more minutes in the most significant games.
The message from Barcelona did not meet the midfielder’s expectations. Tito recalled the experiences of other colleagues and told him it would be a key player for the future of the club, although he added that both Xavi and Iniesta are still ahead of him in this upcoming season.. In short, depending on injuries and possible incidents, the 2013-14 season would follow a very similar pattern to the campaign just ended.
Now Thiago Alcântara is on the lookout for new employers, and Manchester United appear to be the player’s likely destination.
As Thiago has not played enough games in 2012/2013 for Barcelona, a clause in his contract has been activated which means he can leave the Nou Camp if Manchester United bid 18 million euros.
Sport also add that Bayern Munich, now managed by Pep Guardiola, are also paying close attention to Thiago Alcântara’s situation as the Bavarians weigh up a bid for the young Spaniard.
Thiago Alcântara will today feature in the final of the Euro U21 Championships as Spain take on Italy in Jerusalem.
Footage of Thiago Alcântara discussing a possible move to Old Trafford, as well as his thoughts about Spain winning Euro U21 can be seen below.

What footage of Thiago discussing a move to Man U? All I saw was a grin and he walked off.

If its true about meeting with Tito, then Tito should resign.

barca7788

Nepali Cule
I wont be bother too if he leaves.... even though one of the most talented guy i just have the family`s dramas and ohhh his playing style too.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
I wont be bother too if he leaves.... even though one of the most talented guy i just have the family`s dramas and ohhh his playing style too.

I can understand it from his point of view, but I would be devastated if he leaves. Together with not renewing Abidal this is one of the worst decision of this board.

raskolnikov

I get Xavi plating in big games but for the rest it should be 50/50 rotation between them next season. Its a shame guys like Thiago, Montoya, Bartra, Tello barely get minutes while others are overplayed.

ryaninho

This kid is thinking about his footballing career rather than barca. Cesc Did it. How far of a step down is ManU from barca. Last time i checked not much. At the mo they need better CM, because that is were they are weakest

Zebulun

Funny thing is if Thiago actually leaves as sport claims, laporta will have a good case to become president again, first pep then thiago, use of youngsters. he'll open a box of spiders on rosell that i frankly don't think the few millions he saved the club will stop from him being replaced. endless politics at barca, if thiago wants to leave then so be it no player is bigger than a club.

Home of Barca Fans