Thiago Translantara

Ronaldinho

We shouldn't loan him out. This kid is good enough to play a decent amount of games in our first team.

Thiago wants to play at world Cup and to do that he must play regulary as starter, so try to convince him to stay and loan him is better idea than losing him for 18m

Galning

Thiago wants to play at world Cup and to do that he must play regulary as starter, so try to convince him to stay and loan him is better idea than losing him for 18m

Convincing him to stay only to loan him out isn't showing the person that they believe in him. Why would he accept that if he can just move to a top club on a permanent basis? Either we convince him to stay and play him or just let him go. Thiago is way past the point of needing to be loaned out because he isn't good enough to get playing time at Barcelona.

SwiftGuyver

I really don't get all this WC talk. I love Thiago and obviously rate him very highly but does he seriously think he has a chance of playing at WC 2014?! If he had chosen Brazil then yeah but I'm afraid the most he can hope for with Spain at the moment is a place in the squad and maybe a handful of minutes off the bench and I doubt that will even happen unless they suffer a lot of injuries.

ceefoo

Selling Thiago for 18m and bringing in Mata for 35m would be just about the dumbest decision possible. :fool:

Ability wise, I'd say they are about level at this time, although they're both are different types of players.

However, I only see Thiago getting better and better. I can't say the same for Mata.

Even Tito's biggest supporters cannot defend this, if it were to happen.

Last edited:

jamrock

he has had many opportunities to leave and has stayed loyal over the years so me hope his that he continues to do so, but that's unlikely, the only way i see him staying is if tito and xavi sets down and talk to him,or better xavi and zubi/rosell don't think tito his the best man manager are that they have a good relationship

Stric

Well if he leaves we should add a buyout clause for 30m to his contract so that we can return him home after two seasons.

I don't think we can impose any buy-back clauses if someone's paying his buyout clause to buy him. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

F

Flavia

WOW
That would make sense if:

1.Cesc wouldn't have left and we wouldn't have paid 39M EUROS to take him back.
2.Thiago would have actually had only Cesc in front of him and not a Xavi that wants to play every 3 days even when he's clearly exhausted.
3.Pep wouldn't have gave Thiago far more minutes(and important ones) even if he had to use him as a winger or as a DM against weak teams at home:
-in 2011-2012: 38 starts+16 subs
-in 2012-2013: 20 starts+16 subs

Yesterday a journalist from Barcelona was saying that Thiago needed to play 60 more minutes in a game and his clause would have been 90M again. What did Tito do in the last 5 games in the league?

01/06 2013 Barcelona H- Malaga La Liga W 4-1 On 54
26/05 2013 Barcelona A- Espanyol La Liga W 0-2 Started
19/05 2013 Barcelona H- Valladolid La Liga W 2-1 On 63
12/05 2013 Barcelona A- Atletico La Liga W 1-2 Unused Substitute
05/05 2013 Barcelona H- Betis La Liga W 4-2 On 78

He had 4 oportunities to gave him those minutes, but he chose not to. For what reason? Probably he didn't knew about the clause and he thought that Thiago didn't deserved those minutes(in which case Thiago is right to want to leave at a team where the coach trusts you) or he knew but didn't care. I remember in 2011, when Cesc was bought and Pep said in the press that he trusts Thiago more than his father and he won the kid over..right now Tito says that he's glad that he didn't knew about his clause and the decision is entirely the player's. But let's keep blaming Pep.
It's a bigger problem, I think. Pep's blame is for bringing Cesc back, it was clear he would take minutes from Thiago, as there was already Xavi and Iniesta here. But Tito surely should had given Thiago more minutes this season, so at least his price would go up. If he really didn't know about the clause, then Zubi is also to blame for not alerting Tito.
Sometimes I think Tito, Zubi and co don't rate Thiago as he deserves. Cesc is clearly favored on his detriment.

ryaninho

It's not cesc blocking him it's xavi. Cesc has understudied Inesta more than xavi to the point where tito push inesta to the wings to play cesc while xavi played on painkillers

MagicianMessi

If we lose Thiago that will be the biggest failure in the whole Barca history and Tito will be the one to blame. He should have give more minutes than Cesc. If he leaves for ManUnited or Bayen(pep is there and he know the talent of Thiago) he is not coming back.

We will lose 'the one' who should fill shoe of Xavi after his retirement.

It's a bigger problem, I think. Pep's blame is for bringing Cesc back, it was clear he would take minutes from Thiago, as there was already Xavi and Iniesta here. But Tito surely should had given Thiago more minutes this season, so at least his price would go up. If he really didn't know about the clause, then Zubi is also to blame for not alerting Tito.
Sometimes I think Tito, Zubi and co don't rate Thiago as he deserves. Cesc is clearly favored on his detriment.

Now I think Cryuff was right. Tito should resign. He doesn't have time to check the situation of his players.He shud concentrate on his health.Beacause of that we are losing a gem.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I went to sleep and after waking up, I can't really find anything new in any paper/news resource to suggest that the possibility of him leaving is greater now than it was yesterday however people are going crazy right now and pointing fingers as if he publicly came out and said that he wanted to leave. Don't let your fear and speculation grow up to the point where you forget to rationalize that maybe he might not leave as well.

WOW
That would make sense if:

1.Cesc wouldn't have left and we wouldn't have paid 39M EUROS to take him back.
2.Thiago would have actually had only Cesc in front of him and not a Xavi that wants to play every 3 days even when he's clearly exhausted.
3.Pep wouldn't have gave Thiago far more minutes(and important ones) even if he had to use him as a winger or as a DM against weak teams at home:
-in 2011-2012: 38 starts+16 subs
-in 2012-2013: 20 starts+16 subs

Yesterday a journalist from Barcelona was saying that Thiago needed to play 60 more minutes in a game and his clause would have been 90M again. What did Tito do in the last 5 games in the league?

01/06 2013 Barcelona H- Malaga La Liga W 4-1 On 54
26/05 2013 Barcelona A- Espanyol La Liga W 0-2 Started
19/05 2013 Barcelona H- Valladolid La Liga W 2-1 On 63
12/05 2013 Barcelona A- Atletico La Liga W 1-2 Unused Substitute
05/05 2013 Barcelona H- Betis La Liga W 4-2 On 78

He had 4 oportunities to gave him those minutes, but he chose not to. For what reason? Probably he didn't knew about the clause and he thought that Thiago didn't deserved those minutes(in which case Thiago is right to want to leave at a team where the coach trusts you) or he knew but didn't care. I remember in 2011, when Cesc was bought and Pep said in the press that he trusts Thiago more than his father and he won the kid over..right now Tito says that he's glad that he didn't knew about his clause and the decision is entirely the player's. But let's keep blaming Pep.

+∞

Tito's the only one to blame for this situation. Not Cesc. And definitely not Pep.

Home of Barca Fans