Thiago Translantara

Trickykid

I honestly can't remember the last time I was this bummed out about a player leaving us. I suppose we're all the way back to the whole Figo ordeal...

This blows so hard.

Jadentheman

It will be really tough watching him achieve greatness at another team. This shouldn't happen.

I agree. If I was Tito or one of the TPTB I would seriously flat out say to Xavi:"Either take a huge reduction of playing time or just flat out retire. You are taking time away from our youth"

F

Flavia

I agree. If I was Tito or one of the TPTB I would seriously flat out say to Xavi:"Either take a huge reduction of playing time or just flat out retire. You are taking time away from our youth"

That's nonsensical. Xavi is still a great player. And no one will talk to him like that.

JamDav1982

Xavi has been on the defensive this last little while and seems in no way receptive to anyone taking his place in the team.

It is a bit much when there is young players like Thiago waiting for their chance.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
The only alternative is to tell Xavi his time is up and Thiago is in that position.

It may be the best thing for the future but the club wont do it.

I don't think it's THAT hard to accomodate both players into the rotation schedule. Pep did a great job rotating in 08/09, giving several players in each position a ton of games. At the very least they could sub in Thiago after halftime or at the 60th minute much more often. The point is that it doesn't have to be one or the other, using both players is valid

Martindn

It implies wages could be agreed, but then he may also be considering an offer from you guys or someone other than us right? Far from over i would say.

JamDav1982

I don't think it's THAT hard to accomodate both players into the rotation schedule. Pep did a great job rotating in 08/09, giving several players in each position a ton of games. At the very least they could sub in Thiago after halftime or at the 60th minute much more often. The point is that it doesn't have to be one or the other, using both players is valid

You cant keep four players level of Cesc, Thiago, Xavi and Iniesta happy for two positions.

It was nothing like that in 08/09.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
You cant keep four players level of Cesc, Thiago, Xavi and Iniesta happy for two positions.

It was nothing like that in 08/09.

Well in 08-09 it was more about keeping several world class players happy in defense/attack, not midfield like it is now.

Iniesta can play some on the wing (with Neymar on the right), Cesc can act as a direct supersub for some games, Thiago doesn't have to start all the biggest games (though he should play some), Xavi should rest more and not play through injuries, Cesc can play as false 9 when Messi rests, 3-4-3, etc. There are a huge variety of ways to accomodate all of them

JamDav1982

Well in 08-09 it was more about keeping several world class players happy in defense/attack, not midfield like it is now.

Iniesta can play some on the wing (with Neymar on the right), Cesc can act as a direct supersub for some games, Thiago doesn't have to start all the biggest games (though he should play some), Xavi should rest more and not play through injuries, Cesc can play as false 9 when Messi rests, 3-4-3, etc. There are a huge variety of ways to accomodate all of them

There isnt, these players want to play the top games and prove themselves.

The manager has to put out his best team in these games and not choose players because it is their turn or dramatically change position to fit the players in.

It is impossible to keep them all happy.

Home of Barca Fans