Thiago Translantara

F

Flavia

I dont blame him one bit, he is world class and would start for just about any other team and has intl football to think of.

He wants to be a footballer more than a Barca player.
I don't blame him either, he wants to have a role similiar to the one he has with the U21, I presume. And that's not possible at Barça right now. But losing him for only 18m really bothers me. And I thought Tito's statement about the playing time came after the liga was over, but it turns out it was before. Tito had the minutes to make Thiago play 60%, and still didn't. No way to not be mad at him for all this.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Fabregas wont play false nine in big games and Neymar is better out wide than Iniesta who is needed in the middle.

It is impossible to keep them all happy.

Fabregas can play false 9 in Copa and lower table league games. Messi can even play a few games on the right side. Neymar could play on the right when Iniesta plays on the wing. It's not like all of these changes have to be in CL Semifinals vs top teams, they are meant for games where we have more luxury to change around and experiment.

All you are doing is stubbornly repeating over and over again that it's impossible to keep them all happy.

JamDav1982

I don't blame him either, he wants to have a role similiar to the one he has with the U21, I presume. And that's not possible at Barça right now. But losing him for only 18m really bothers me. And I thought Tito's statement about the playing time came after the liga was over, but it turns out it was before. Tito had the minutes to make Thiago play 60%, and still didn't. No way to not be mad at him for all this.

Thats the only thing is the fee, which was not well handled.

I have always thought Busquets would be the best to take over from Xavi when he goes, more so than Thiago.

The worst thing is how cheap Thiago is going and that another team gets a player of that standard for so cheap. Although I do think there has been a slight over reaction to how good a player he has been for Barca up to this point.

Fabregas can play false 9 in Copa and lower table league games. Messi can even play a few games on the right side. Neymar could play on the right when Iniesta plays on the wing. It's not like all of these changes have to be in CL Semifinals vs top teams, they are meant for games where we have more luxury to change around and experiment.

All you are doing is stubbornly repeating over and over again that it's impossible to keep them all happy.

You are missing the point - it is all about the biggest games and feeling trusted by the manager. Not giving Cesc minutes as a false nine in meaningless games.

Keikoku

Cabbage
Good point but even injuries didn't force some common sense in this time with Xavi playing through fatigue and ankle troubles on painkillers in the Clasico.

Thats the difference of Pep and Tito. Remember Pep sub in Sergi Roberto vs Madrid? I know we was lead the score and dominate the game but still if it was Tito who in charge there there's no way in hell he would do the same risking the game like Pep did :pep:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
You are missing the point - it is all about the biggest games and feeling trusted by the manager. Not giving Cesc minutes as a false nine in meaningless games.

Well we don't play 1 big game all year. Thiago can easily play the return leg of some matches or in the "lesser" big games like a round of 16 or Supercup match.

JamDav1982

Thats the difference of Pep and Tito. Remember Pep sub in Sergi Roberto vs Madrid? I know we was lead the score and dominate the game but still if it was Tito who in charge there there's no way in hell he would do the same risking the game like Pep did :pep:

Risking the game?

Was it not last minute against a side with ten men and had no fight left?

Well we don't play 1 big game all year. Thiago can easily play the return leg of some matches or in the "lesser" big games like a round of 16 or Supercup match.

Again missing the point - they are not the biggest must win games where the players prove themselves.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Again missing the point - they are not the biggest must win games where the players prove themselves.

Thiago's clause wasn't just activated because of lack of playing in the biggest games, it was lack of playing overall. And he didn't express as much unhappiness towards playing in big games as he did towards not playing as much as he would've liked. He'd be patient enough to wait at least 1-2 seasons for Xavi to decline to get the biggest chances in the biggest games. However not playing as much as he'd like to overall is what's his current complaint

Keikoku

Cabbage
Risking the game?

:lol: Yeah you're right but still he gave opportunity for a young player. And I think the player feels he is appreciated/valued/trusted by his coach (by that time Sergi Roberto wasn't first team squad member)

MessiDinho10

Risking the game?

Doesn't matter, Tito still would never do that.
Plus, giving a young player (17/18 at the time) a few minutes in the top 5 games of that season is a huge experience which will help him further in his development.

JamDav1982

Thiago's clause wasn't just activated because of lack of playing in the biggest games, it was lack of playing overall. And he didn't express as much unhappiness towards playing in big games as he did towards not playing as much as he would've liked. He'd be patient enough to wait at least 1-2 seasons for Xavi to decline to get the biggest chances in the biggest games. However not playing as much as he'd like to overall is what's his current complaint

Cesc played plenty of minutes and ended the season not to happy.

Its not all about that.

He is not obsessed with Barcelona as some people would like to think.

JamDav1982

Doesn't matter, Tito still would never do that.
Plus, giving a young player (17/18 at the time) a few minutes in the top 5 games of that season is a huge experience which will help him further in his development.

He was 19 and you have no idea whether Tito would do the same thing.

It was a gesture far more than trusting a player in a massive game.

Home of Barca Fans