Thiago Translantara

Martindn

Man, if it is true that Carrick is your best midfielder, then Thiago will be a huge huge transfer for you. Thiago is already a far better player and he will undoubtedly improve a lot your squad. I guess he will remind you of a young Scholes.

Underrating carrick a bit i think, he may not be the best in the world, he may not even be better than thiago is but he is essential for us, think he may have made the most forward passes in europe this season i recall. He keeps things simple and always moves our play forward, we have no creativity in the team without him. (Except kagawa, but we never seem to play the ball to him)

If thiago can be even half as good as scholes i will be ecstatic, i do still have a feeling its not a done deal yet.

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I've used many forums so far, and I have never ever seen one with such strict enforcing of general guidelines. I'm not picking a fight, but the atmosphere here is getting worse every day. Seriously, though, banning a guy for being repetitive in stating his opinion? I'll probably get warned / banned for this post, as well. :lol:

Well considering how repetitive he was (and how many times he was warned for it) it's not a completely crimeless punishment. Not only would he never add to the discussion, he'd actually detract and veer away from it by bringing up the same thing about Tito in several different threads. Even after people understood his opinion, he'd go on and on about the same thing as if it was different and original every time he said it. He actually went to great lengths just to torment and complain about Tito.

JamDav1982

So Thiago moves on the midfield options will be -

Busquets, Song, Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Roberto at a push Messi, Mascherano and Neymar could cover the more defensive and attacking roles if required.

That is still by far the best in the world and Song looked good once he got used to things.

Not so much worried about losing him in terms of drop in quality but annoying other teams get a bargain like that.

Stric

Spamming is not ok. And that's what he was doing.

I may have missed the posts in question, so I might have the wrong impression, but from what I remember (and if that's the problem) he was just being very repetitive without the intention of spamming or trolling, and some of the users found it boring.

jamrock

I've used many forums so far, and I have never ever seen one with such strict enforcing of general guidelines. I'm not picking a fight, but the atmosphere here is getting worse every day. Seriously, though, banning a guy for being repetitive in stating his opinion? I'll probably get warned / banned for this post, as well. :lol:

yeah i agree with this, admins are a bit too "power" hungry and behave as if its not a much a men posting on a forum but kids

Stric

Of course it's their right to do whatever they want with the posts and make whichever rules they find appropriate and enforce them, I'm just saying... the atmosphere here is getting worse every day and it was very different from any other forum I've used to start with.

jamrock

That'd be as rash a decision as Thiago leaving so early. This wasn't handled well but cut them some slack. Thiago being so upset as to leave over one season came as a surprise to everyone. So much so that not playing him for a few more games led to him being able to leave for a mere 18m soon after.

they are paid to not be surprised by these things to think someone did tell tito play him because their is a clause in his contract after the league was won, though i am sure he knew.

means they are not keeping up with their fiduciary duty are they don't know talent when it hits them in the face so were overly concern if he leaved.

both are grounds for the sack imo

Mr Hulot

Underrating carrick a bit i think, he may not be the best in the world, he may not even be better than thiago is but he is essential for us, think he may have made the most forward passes in europe this season i recall. He keeps things simple and always moves our play forward, we have no creativity in the team without him. (Except kagawa, but we never seem to play the ball to him)

I actually like Carrick, but he can be very sloppy in possession, when teams press United high. He may be a very good player against most of English clubs, but think he looks awfully average on international level or some big Champions League games. Anyway, I don't want to turn this thing into a Thiago vs Carrick. You watch him more as well and you may have a better opinion on him.

F

Flavia

I may have missed the posts in question, so I might have the wrong impression, but from what I remember (and if that's the problem) he was just being very repetitive without the intention of spamming or trolling, and some of the users found it boring.

You probably did. Many here state their opinions more than once. But he was way over the top. And it wasn't the only problem.

It's easy to label the mods power hungry, or anything else, but you'd be surprised how difficult it is to deal with people from all over the world. This not directed at you, but jamrock

XaviMessiGirl

Making a second account is also against the rules, he did that as well (I even saw him quote himself & agree with his own comment from the other account). Not to mention that three different mods PMed him & he ignored all of us to keep doing what he was doing, so it's not that there wasn't sufficient warning.

I don't mind what someone's opinion is as long as it's constructive.

jamrock

You probably did. Many here state their opinions more than once. But he was way over the top.

It's easy to label the mods power hungry, or anything else, but you'd be surprised how difficult it is to deal with people from all over the world. This not directed at you, but jamrock

no its not actually, i post on forums with more members and just as if not a more international membership and every little insult or whatever doesn't result in a warning are band.

its a place where adults post.

whatever still, here is still a nice place to post

Martindn

I actually like Carrick, but he can be very sloppy in possession, when teams press United high. He may be a very good player against most of English clubs, but think he looks awfully average on international level or some big Champions League games. Anyway, I don't want to turn this thing into a Thiago vs Carrick. You watch him more as well and you may have a better opinion on him.

Yeh definitely i would agree with that, our whole team struggles though when pressed high not just him, we get sloppy all over the pitch - that may stem from the weak midfield though i think if we had another good midfielder to compliment him we may be okay. I dont know enough about thiago to compare so i may have to bend to your opinion.

Graham Hunter @BumperGraham

@bregan66 Thiago wants to sign, club to player all good. Club to club may need work
12:17 AM - 21 Jun 2013

Does this make the release clause bullshit?

Last edited:

jamrock

Yeh definitely i would agree with that, our whole team struggles though when pressed high not just him, we get sloppy all over the pitch - that may stem from the weak midfield though i think if we had another good midfielder to compliment him we may be okay. I dont know enough about thiago to compare so i may have to bend to your opinion.

@bregan66 Thiago wants to sign, club to player all good. Club to club may need work

i hope so, but no i doubt it

serghei

I hope so.

Home of Barca Fans