Thiago Translantara

Gaudi

If Thiago leaves us to go to Man Utd we should sell Rafinha as soon as possible IMO, I don't want any links to Mazinho after this...

I still can't believe he or his father seriously believe he has a chance of a starting spot at the WC 2014 even with more regular playing time. Also why would you choose to leave the club you grew up at, the club that have said you're valued and will be a starter soon, the club that have Messi, Neymar, Iniesta etc to go and play for David Moyes with players like Welbeck, Cleverley, Young etc...?! The only current Utd players I really rate are Kagawa & de Gea. Rafael is alright, Vidić is a monster (when fit), van Persie is good (but overrated) & Carrick is good (but he looks very average against top opposition).

So often is sport kids are pushed by their parents in to afwul decisions. But to loose player of such a talent for 18 mil, that's managment problem.

B

beautifulgame

If Thiago leaves us to go to Man Utd we should sell Rafinha as soon as possible IMO, I don't want any links to Mazinho after this...

I still can't believe he or his father seriously believe he has a chance of a starting spot at the WC 2014 even with more regular playing time. Also why wouled you choose to leave the club you grew up at, the club that have said you're valued and will be a starter soon, the club that have Messi, Neymar, Iniesta etc to go and play for David Moyes with players like Welbeck, Cleverley, Young etc...?! The only current Utd players I really rate are Kagawa & de Gea. Rafael is alright, Vidić is a monster (when fit), van Persie is good (but overrated) & Carrick is good (but he looks very average against top opposition).

This!!!

Cept for me, kagawa is rather average. Otherwise, too post.

sukhy

I still can't believe he or his father seriously believe he has a chance of a starting spot at the WC 2014 even with more regular playing time. Also why would you choose to leave the club you grew up at, the club that have said you're valued and will be a starter soon, the club that have Messi, Neymar, Iniesta etc to go and play for David Moyes with players like Welbeck, Cleverley, Young etc...?! The only current Utd players I really rate are Kagawa & de Gea. Rafael is alright, Vidić is a monster (when fit), van Persie is good (but overrated) & Carrick is good (but he looks very average against top opposition).

Because at United he would be the main man, he would run the midfield, he would play every game and would be THE man. At Barca he is feeding off of scraps at the moment, he's got Iniesta, Xavi (Who has to be given painkillers every few months and still plays every game with a chronic achilles injury) and Fabregas (Who isn't a Barcelona mould midfielder) in front of him and that doesn't look like changing any time soon. It harms his progress as a footballer every time he sits on the bench, even in the games at the end of the season when the League was already won, he sat on the bench the majority of the time and watched like a fan. He is too talented to be a bench player for anyone.

Thiago won't be a starter soon by the looks of it, Xavi will still play every game, so will Busquets, Iniesta, Messi and Neymar, so where does he play in the team? Out wide? Do you shift Iniesta over to the right? And what about Cesc? He's the £30m signing who is Messi's best mate, and the next player to come in if there is an injury, Thiago is behind him, he won't start consistently for Barca like he would at United until Xavi is retired, and by the way Xavi talks, that won't happen for a while.

United have good players, people underrate them, there's a reason they won the league so comfortably ahead of a team like City, who are packed full of stars. I'd rather play alongside RVP, Kagawa and Rooney than sit and watch Xavi, Iniesta and Messi tear shit up. He can sit and watch Barca on TV, the bench is just a better view, he has no input at Barca at all. He's like a fan most of the time who sits and watches the team.

He needs to prove himself at the highest level and Barca don't trust him or value him enough, by the looks of it for him to prove himself. He's 22, he would rather go to the World Cup than not go, he's better than the majority of Spain's midfielders, and he has 3 caps because he doesn't play enough at Barca.
I really hope he goes to United and succeeds because he's too talented and way too good of a player to sit and wait until he's 25 to be a first choice player.

khaled_a_d

So Thiago moves on the midfield options will be -

Busquets, Song, Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Roberto at a push Messi, Mascherano and Neymar could cover the more defensive and attacking roles if required.

That is still by far the best in the world and Song looked good once he got used to things.

Not so much worried about losing him in terms of drop in quality but annoying other teams get a bargain like that.

That is 5 players for 3 position and a youngster who isn't anything close to being a Barca first team material (he isn't even our best midfield player in Barca B,Rafina has been much better last year yet he is the one loaned)
Also we lack of depth in both Defense and Attack ,we have been actually using Midfield players to cover the other 2 lines for 2 seasons now ,doing the opposite now?come on
in Attack we have : Neymar,Messi,Sanchez (he should leave btw ),Pedro ,Tello ,5 players covering 3 positions ,considering Villa is set to leave and Deulofeu is going on loan
Defense? we need 2CBs and we want to sign only 1 ,and the top priority right now is injury prone Agger? with Puyol not getting any younger ,Bartra possible loaning (never mind that he isn't that good anyway )
The team will once again have a lack of Depth ,and we btw ,Xavi has been declining last season and there is no reason with his age not to expect more drop of his form, Thiago was supposed to be the one developing to replace him,there will be drop in quality in midfield next year ,we already had a drop in the midfield performance last year and moving your young talented midfield won't help

That'd be as rash a decision as Thiago leaving so early. This wasn't handled well but cut them some slack. Thiago being so upset as to leave over one season came as a surprise to everyone. So much so that not playing him for a few more games led to him being able to leave for a mere 18m soon after.

The fact that we allowed him to have such a low buyout alone should make the management understand there is something wrong ,I mean I can understand his agent forcing such a clause but it should have been between 25-25 not 18M??!!! and btw 1 year ago Keita had used same clause and that was the main reason we opted for Song over a CB as we felt a replacement for Keita is important so we tried to cover 2 positions with 1 players(and proven wrong with Song inability to play in CB)

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy??? This is such a bad decision, I can't believe this is happening. Horrible management.

He will get more money,more playing time ,in a club that is also one of the elite ,what is there not to like for him? I mean I want him to stay and I think it could eventually be the right decision for his career ,but I can really understand why he would leave ,kid could have left us for free when he was 16 (had offers from the EPL big clubs,just like Cesc and decided to stay) , have been patient until he was in the first team ,but now with a coah that doesn't seem to really value him ,with the management doesn't even trying that hard to keep him ,why he should be loyal? Loyalty goes both way and he has every right to leave
and that in the only season that he is going to be in control of his future btw

spark

Because at United he would be the main man, he would run the midfield, he would play every game and would be THE man. At Barca he is feeding off of scraps at the moment, he's got Iniesta, Xavi (Who has to be given painkillers every few months and still plays every game with a chronic achilles injury) and Fabregas (Who isn't a Barcelona mould midfielder) in front of him and that doesn't look like changing any time soon. It harms his progress as a footballer every time he sits on the bench, even in the games at the end of the season when the League was already won, he sat on the bench the majority of the time and watched like a fan. He is too talented to be a bench player for anyone.

Thiago won't be a starter soon by the looks of it, Xavi will still play every game, so will Busquets, Iniesta, Messi and Neymar, so where does he play in the team? Out wide? Do you shift Iniesta over to the right? And what about Cesc? He's the £30m signing who is Messi's best mate, and the next player to come in if there is an injury, Thiago is behind him, he won't start consistently for Barca like he would at United until Xavi is retired, and by the way Xavi talks, that won't happen for a while.

United have good players, people underrate them, there's a reason they won the league so comfortably ahead of a team like City, who are packed full of stars. I'd rather play alongside RVP, Kagawa and Rooney than sit and watch Xavi, Iniesta and Messi tear shit up. He can sit and watch Barca on TV, the bench is just a better view, he has no input at Barca at all. He's like a fan most of the time who sits and watches the team.

He needs to prove himself at the highest level and Barca don't trust him or value him enough, by the looks of it for him to prove himself. He's 22, he would rather go to the World Cup than not go, he's better than the majority of Spain's midfielders, and he has 3 caps because he doesn't play enough at Barca.
I really hope he goes to United and succeeds because he's too talented and way too good of a player to sit and wait until he's 25 to be a first choice player.

He had three caps even though he played 47 games last year. That is because he isn't yet better than the majority of Spain's midfielders at the moment. Andres Iniesta, Cesc, Busquets, Cazorla, Xavi, Javi Martinez, Silva, Juan Mata and Xabi Alonso . With a list like that, playing time is probably not what is keeping him out of the squad.

sukhy

He had three caps even though he played 47 games last year. That is because he isn't yet better than the majority of Spain's midfielders at the moment. Andres Iniesta, Cesc, Busquets, Cazorla, Xavi, Javi Martinez, Silva, Juan Mata and Xabi Alonso . With a list like that, playing time is probably not what is keeping him out of the squad.

Staying on the bench won't help his chances, playing first team football for the biggest club in the world will.

BigBarcaBoy

Staying on the bench won't help his chances, playing first team football for the biggest club in the world will.

But he won't, Moyes record for developing youmg players is terrible, he fell out with Rooney, hardly played Rodwell, he plays football that doesn't suit Thiago, believe me if this happens Thiago will regret it big style.

SwiftGuyver

The main reasons Utd won the EPL last season IMO was Chelsea suffering from the madness of Roman and making the transition to a new playing style, City buying average players during the summer and the fact that SAF was their manager. Having him in charge added at least 10 points a season IMO and he got the most out of average players. I can't realistically see anyone other than Chelsea or City winning the EPL for the next few years.

Thiago has been patient up until now so why not wait a little longer and end up being THE man running the midfield at Barca? Just seems to me he is rushing things (being pushed by his father) and making a bad decision (long term). Iniesta was patient and didn't really break through until he was 23/24 and he's done alright!

You make some valid points though man, fair play.

Last edited:

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
I would be furious if we let him go, but on the other hand if he is insistent then we should get rid sooner rather than later.

serghei

Thiago has been patient up until now so why not wait a little longer and end up being THE man running the midfield at Barca? Just seems to me he is rushing things (being pushed by his father) and making a bad decision (long term). Iniesta was patient and didn't really break through until he was 23/24 and he's done alright!

You make some valid points though man, fair play.

But then, Iniesta wasn't badly desired by one of the greatest football clubs in the world, Manchester United. And I also don't think Vilanova has ever assured him that he will be the future of this team.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans