Thiago Translantara

Jadentheman

They would be a steal for us. Rid of one of the problems and get enough to spend on Thiago Silva, and then in the meantime be able to keep Thiago Alcantara from possibly leaving.

PaCmAn

Saw this on redcafe, apparently it was suppose to be accidentally sent to de Gea from Thiago then it was deleted, or it's been faked? Says he will sign contract on Monday.

ugyrysem.jpg

Jadentheman

Well it's been a nice ride guys, sad to see it end though. Well at Barca at least. I wish Thiago a good future, but I hope management doesn't decide to buy him back for 40-50M euros when he gets good in a few years.

Edit: Red Cafe said it was a fake :lol:

Keikoku

Cabbage
Saw this on redcafe, apparently it was suppose to be accidentally sent to de Gea from Thiago then it was deleted, or it's been faked? Says he will sign contract on Monday.

ugyrysem.jpg

My logic say it's fake. Why would Thiago tweet (public) about it to De Gea? Can't he just text him or call him by a phone? :lol:
Just made by some people who seek for attention or some who make this transfer story more heated. :D

Martindn

My logic say it's fake. Why would Thiago tweet (public) about it to De Gea? Can't he just text him or call him by a phone? :lol:
Just made by some people who seek for attention or some who make this transfer story more heated. :D

The story was that it was meant to be a private tweet and he deleted it instantly upon realising. But we know its fake as it was posted by a notorious twitter/photoshopper.

WallBreaker

Let me drop in and say that if Thiago leaves you should all start thinking about Illaramendi.

He is the future of Spain's midfield along with Isco and Thiago.

If Thiago leaves, Gundogan will be a monumental task to acquire for multiple reasons. Illaramendi is the strongest option imo.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Let me drop in and say that if Thiago leaves you should all start thinking about Illaramendi.

He is the future of Spain's midfield along with Isco and Thiago.

If Thiago leaves, Gundogan will be a monumental task to acquire for multiple reasons. Illaramendi is the strongest option imo.

There is no reason to assume Gundogan would prefer RM over Barca if both sides present him with an offer.

WallBreaker

Let me drop my 2 cents.

I will copy paste my message from the gundogan thread.

"I say theres still chance for Nuri to Return to Madrid.. Having both in Madrid would be insane.

But i think Madrid would probably sell Sahin for very cheap or have him in a deal to Bring Gundogan.

That way Madrid have their own Joker/Get out of jail card, for a deal with Gundogan. Along with having the money and great relations. Oh and he also has Ozil and Khedira, to convince him as well."

So Madrid is well set in this situation.

Now also lets remember that this is Alonso's last year in madrid while modric will be 29 by next season. Gundogan will 90 percent chance be given the starting role automatically with Madrid under a project with very young footballers.

Its a juicy offer imo.

But if Gundogan for any reason prefers Barca, they will have to pay up.

But illaramendi is also a great prospect, is spanish, and Barcelona have good relations with Real Sociedad as far as i know so theres an option.

I say it now that i think these two footballers will go to Barcelona and Real Madrid. Time will tell which one goes to which, i put money on Gundogan to madrid and Illaramendi to Barca if thiago leaves.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Illaramendi is basically a mobile DM, very different from Thiago. He keeps play fluid but he doesn't dictate a passing game. Not every Spanish CM plays the same way and Illaramendi is not the kind of player we lack in.

WallBreaker

Hes not really a DM though.

If anything to put it in very simple terms, hes a bit of a very mobile xabi alonso.

Probably more fit to play a role like xavi than anyone barca have at the moment in their main squad. Other than thiago.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I've said this before, if Thiago leaves we wouldn't have the luxury of replicating the Xavi role anymore (even Thiago wouldn't be exactly the same, not to say that it'd be any worse). As Xavi ends up aging, we'll have to evolve the roles of the players giving Busquets a bigger influence in the basis of our passing game and making Iniesta drop a little deeper to keep things flowing forward. If anything players like Oliver Torres or Koke would be smart transfers to add to the system. They are more attack minded and technical than Illaramendi who's role is already filled by guys like Busquets/Song. That being said, I don't want Barca poaching any of Atletico's youngsters while they are on the rise.

AvocadoCake

Vilanova won't guarantee Thiago more playing time than he did few weeks ago. Coach thinks he has been honest. Player will now decide. [md]

If this is to be believed and Thiago leaves, it'll be my breaking point with Tito.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Why so hesitant on giving Thiago playing time in the first place? It's not like playing him over Xavi equates to getting thrashed by the opposition. Tito should be willing to give some experience to a player who is very likely the future of the club, even if he is reluctant about it. Although I'm not going to buy into an MD rumor and rage about the board until something official is revealed because 90% of what has been said is pure speculation.

Home of Barca Fans