Thiago Translantara

Zachary

Why so hesitant on giving Thiago playing time in the first place?

Because Barca's always hard pressed to win, therefore they need to keep the most efficient players on the pitch the longest possible. Amazingly enough, in spite of the fact that Thiago exhibits good skills, he cannot use those skills effectively, continually losing balls and making horrible passes at very critical moments. We can't continue to risk results.

Zuess99

Read on barcastuff that tito said that he wount guarantee thiago more playing time than he did a week ago.......mmmmmhhhh well screw you tito.

Boris

This is ridiculous.
Now sell him already, and let's all enjoy his magic in United. I hope we meet them in CL and Thiago scores the winner ! In your face Tito

Galning

Stop going bonkers about something Mundo Deportivo publishes. Were they present when Tito discussed Thiago's future? Is there actually no one that finds it pretty odd that they know every little detail about this transfer? :lol:

CatalinR10

Vilanova won't guarantee Thiago more playing time than he did few weeks ago. Coach thinks he has been honest. Player will now decide. [md]

71448.gif

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Stop going bonkers about something Mundo Deportivo publishes. Were they present when Tito discussed Thiago's future? Is there actually no one that finds it pretty odd that they know every little detail about this transfer? :lol:

Every single time EMD publishes something, people go over the top. Seriously, both EMD and Sport have been on par with AS and Marca over the course of past few years regarding the amount of trumped up rumours.

Silly season at its best.

oz187

Thiago played 55% of the Liga minutes he was available for and 62% of the Copa minutes. What level of playing time do you guys think is reasonable for him?

Thiago played 55% of the Liga minutes he was available for and 62% of the Copa minutes. What level of playing time do you guys think is reasonable for him?

He was still mistreated and underplayed. There were a lot of games in which Thiago should have played but didn't. Barely playing him in the last 4 pointless games at the end of the season? Playing Xavi on painkillers over him? :facepalm:

Last edited:

desoe

Every single time EMD publishes something, people go over the top. Seriously, both EMD and Sport have been on par with AS and Marca over the course of past few years regarding the amount of trumped up rumours.

Silly season at its best.

Yes, but people (or at least - some of them) are building their opinions on what they see. And many people don't see in Vilanova someone, who thinks in perspective or works with a vision. Which kinda explains why we got here with Thiago and why many of our youngsters are getting limited chances to perform. I guess you heard the last news about Bartra that he might actually reconsider a decision to renew his contract. True or false.

I have a feeling that Thiago is leaving us an open door here to fix the situation, but I also have a feeling that nobody is much interested in that. Question is - do Tito cares how this team would look in 2015 or 2016 (because this means to work with a vision) or he's interested only in what happens now?

ShandyFFM

Here is some interesting read i found. Its in german but im trying to translate it.

Barcelona wants Thiago to stay. ESPN says Xavi gets some more rest in the next season so Thiago will get more playing time. Main point is that Xavi is getting older and Thiago wants to leave because of his chances to earn a spot in VdB squad for next seasons WC in Brazil. So with this agreement both could be happy.
Barcelona trys some bubblegum tactics against Manchester. Barca wants Thiago to make up his mind as long as possible about his future so Manchester United will have more pressure to deal with outher clubs who might be interested too(Chelsea or Bayern).

The last phrase is the most important one to me. Thiago made 27 games in La Liga this season with only eight matches over 90 Mins. Thats why his release clause is now only a 1/3 of the original 90Mil. euros.
Which would mean he could leave the clubs for around 30Mil this summer.

http://www.sportal.de/fc-barcelona-will-thiago-alcantara-doch-halten-1-2013062228092700000

Barcafan 2304

Thst is something that we should really be sble to manage and promotw. Xavi needs to be handled more carefully and tito should be able to rotate and give thiago more games

Jadentheman

Well the writing is on the ball. Tito made no guarantees, then Thiago has no reason to stay. I am preparing for the eventual headline.

However if Xavi does get more rest, then Thiago has more chances with 11JR

Barcafire

I have to row the opposite way with everyone here. I think Barcelona has gave him so much and nothing less than a guarantee good future. His dad and him are getting selfish an impatient and nothing's a guarantee even at Manchester United, etc.

Home of Barca Fans