Thiago Translantara

R

recycledsoul

Tell me one thing...what if you put in a condition into the contract of a player you rate as your future, and then you dont even care enough to make sure that condition is fulfilled. It is like telling him that you dont care, that you take him for granted. No wonder your future wants out.

RVP20

Vilanova - Moyes :facepalm:, what kind of comparision is this.

An unfair one.

Firstly Tito has had possibly the best squad of players to work with in his debut season whereas for the last 11 years David Moyes has worked wonders with a club that hasn't got the biggest budget and can't attract the biggest and best players in England. I'm not saying let's compare the two after Moyes first season in charge with United (as it's a much tougher league he is operating in) but to compare the two as off now given what they have both had to work with is stupid idiotic.

ryuken

An unfair one.

Firstly Tito has had possibly the best squad of players to work with in his debut season whereas for the last 11 years David Moyes has worked wonders with a club that hasn't got the biggest budget and can't attract the biggest and best players in England. I'm not saying let's compare the two after Moyes first season in charge with United (as it's a much tougher league he is operating in) but to compare the two as off now given what they have both had to work with is stupid idiotic.

Yeah, and all that quote seems to me is that it might come from a biased raging cule, cant even take it seriously.

RVP20

No bias views intended.. I could say the same about your comparison. The two have both worked under very different circumstances over their career, how can you begin to compare them? What do you use to measure against them? leagues won? cups won? I'm interested to know.

RVP20

Again though it's a silly comparison, both men have worked under very different circumstances during their careers not to mention different leagues as well.

ebc_99

The rest of my family follow Everton and think Moyes will be a great manager for Man Utd, but he has yet to prove he can handle a club of that size, it is not easy. Vilanova has done a great job too, especially considering it was his rookie season. Moyes has 15 years of experience to fall back on, Tito had almost nothing, he will be better this season.

Tito is not to blame for Thiago wanting to leave, the clause makes it easier for him but he would want to leave anyway. It is minutes that Thiago wants but he is not good enough to displace the Barca midfield 3 just yet. He should wait like Xavi and Iniesta did, I can't understand why he can't see that is the best thing for him, he will take over from Xavi in 18 to 24 months which seems like a long time but it will be worth it if he is patient.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If Tito really didn't know about the clause, someone should have told him. We had a big cushion during most of the season and 3-4 meaningless games at the very end. There is no excuse for Barca management here.
I also don't agree that Cesc is better than Thiago. Can't argue against Cesc's stats but most of us here think that Thiago looks more comfortable and influential playing in midfield than Cesc.

J

jiopi

Who cares if anyone knew clauses or not. It's the players decision now, and if he goes after money, then we are better without person like that.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You mean, like with Keita and some others too? Was he also a bad person?
If Thiago goes, it'll be because of playing time. I think that much is obvious.

oggmar

If Tito really didn't know about the clause, someone should have told him. We had a big cushion during most of the season and 3-4 meaningless games at the very end. There is no excuse for Barca management here.
I also don't agree that Cesc is better than Thiago. Can't argue against Cesc's stats but most of us here think that Thiago looks more comfortable and influential playing in midfield than Cesc.

Honestly it strikes me as impossible that the coach doesn't know about such a clause, on top of that Roura answered all of this with we play with the best players we can, and if I recall correctly this was when the league had already been won. I'm extremely dissapointed with Tito, Rosell and the people in charge what a shame to let go of potentially the best midfielder in a couple of years.

Regarding all new members you're very welcome onboard different opinions doesn't equal worse opinions, enjoy your stay and feel free to stay here even when this deal is final.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's gone.

I just hope he dont regret this move later in his career and I dont want us to buy him back again even if he's available for the same petty price he's being sold for.

We must start looking at our own players like Sergi Samper and make a plan on how to induct these youngsters into the senior team as best as possible.

Home of Barca Fans