Thiago Translantara

Everyone on here saying its done, what have i missed? is that just based off that El Confidencial newspaper report? all i see is lots of journalists saying similar things, Thiago going to meet Barcelona to tell them his decision, they say his decision is to leave but who knows?

Dont see anywhere saying its done.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Everyone on here saying its done, what have i missed? is that just based off that El Confidencial newspaper report? all i see is lots of journalists saying similar things, Thiago going to meet Barcelona to tell them his decision, they say his decision is to leave but who knows?

Well.... Everyone knows that he is gone already. His dad and agent meeting your directors in Manchester and media saying that he is gonna us that he wants to leave.

I dont see him staying at all.

His story at Barcelona is sadly finished forever.

PaCmAn

Well I'm just waiting to hear that he's left for Man U just so this thread can be put to rest.

JamDav1982

Its a shame of a player with that good a future to leave. But the squad was not balanced last season.

Four world class CM's and not world class CB's or wingers was a huge problem.

That appears to be getting addressed, the only problem being that the fee is not as big as could be expected.

Good luck to him in Manchester but his transfer will not weaken Barca it will strengthen it if money used properly.

Papabeef

Looks like this is happening....... I really thought he genuinely wanted to play for Barca. Not good, but hey...c'est la vie!

SwiftGuyver

Yeah this is a real shame but at least we still have a squad that includes Messi, Neymar, Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Busquets etc. :p

It will be interesting to watch Thiago playing in the EPL next season, I reckon he'll do really well. It's going to be very annoying having to listen to all the English pundits after he has a good performance going on about how they can't believe Barca let him go because he is so good etc etc.

I hope we draw Man Utd in the CL and completely annihilate them!

Unbiased United

No bias views intended.. I could say the same about your comparison. The two have both worked under very different circumstances over their career, how can you begin to compare them? What do you use to measure against them? leagues won? cups won? I'm interested to know.

The guy you replied to here was agreeing with you. He was refering to the bitter and deluded quote from Numero.

Is it just me or does this really need to reach its conclusion now though? ... If he's staying fine, if he's joining United then great...but either way I just want to know now.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
If Tito really didn't know about the clause, someone should have told him. We had a big cushion during most of the season and 3-4 meaningless games at the very end. There is no excuse for Barca management here.
I also don't agree that Cesc is better than Thiago. Can't argue against Cesc's stats but most of us here think that Thiago looks more comfortable and influential playing in midfield than Cesc.

I agree with you about someone on the board should have let Tito know about Thiago's contract stipulation before the club lost millions on a potential transfer.

Most of us don't think Thiago is better than Cesc. I think Thiago is better suited for Xavi's role than Cesc is but that doesn't make Thiago a better midfielder, he does tend to lose the ball rather easily. I love the way Cesc linked up with Xavi in midfield when Tito was playing Iniesta on the LW even though that did play Iniesta out of position. I thought Thiago played to Iniesta's strengths perfectly when they linked up in midfield together. Cesc and Thiago really didn't link up too well together when they paired up in midfield together but I thought Cesc outplayed him most of the time.

Cesc's vision and his through-balls >>>>

Last edited:

Centrocampista23

If he stays, it's because Barca manage to convince him that a couple of years from now he'll be the new Xavi

If he goes, it's because United manage to convince him that starting NOW he'll be the new Scholes

His future at Barca seems a lot more certain because he already knows their game and his style is perfect for the team

His future at United is less certain because he could turn out to be another Veron (great player, not the right fit)

He's willing to risk it because he needs to play more and the money is a lot better

I'm a fan of my local team but i've always liked both Barca and United, so it's a shame to see the two sets of fans in arms about this

Maybe Illaramendi can replace Xavi in 1-2 years, if Thiago leaves. Yeah, i know a lot of you want to see Xavi play less already, but that's not happening

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I'll be judging after the transfer is complete, not before... :lol:

Until we get official confirmation, Thiago is still a Barcelona player and I think comments like "Thiago can go screw himself" are a bit premature.

Home of Barca Fans