Thiago Translantara

Well.... Everyone knows that he is gone already. His dad and agent meeting your directors in Manchester and media saying that he is gonna us that he wants to leave.

I dont see him staying at all.

His story at Barcelona is sadly finished forever.

Dont know, your board still could convince him to stay, they're trying hard enough although if it is purely down to game time as already said theres not much the board can do other than sell one of the 3 ahead of him or drop one of Xavi/Iniesta and give Thiago their first team place.

Unlikely id imagine, just wouldnt say its done until it is officially done, the longer it drags on the more he's probably likely to stay.

ebc_99

How much is the sale worth if it happens? I think with tax it is about 21million, if that is added to the 35 million left in the transfer budget and Villa, Afellay and Bojan are sold that could leave the club with about 75million to spend. If the right signings are made the I think the team will be much better off this season than last, there were to many top midfielders anyway the side lost balance.

Well I'm just waiting to hear that he's left for Man U just so this thread can be put to rest.

Yeah thats fair enough, i think everyone on both sides just want to know the answer one way or the other, no one enjoys these things dragging on it goes from exciting to interesting to boring to damn right annoying very quickly.

Ghost

GTFO, Thiago.

Rot in hell, along with Götze!

:lol: @ comparing Thiago to Gotze.

Thiago wants to leave to get playing time because he's #4 behind Xavi/Iniesta/Cesc at Barca, and he's leaving to United. Gotze joined Dortmund's direct rivals for the money.

Meitux

:lol: @ comparing Thiago to Gotze.

Thiago wants to leave to get playing time because he's #4 behind Xavi/Iniesta/Cesc at Barca, and he's leaving to United. Gotze joined Dortmund's direct rivals for the money.
Is it really only for money? Seeing them winning those titles must be temptation

Centrocampista23

Yeah, it's not just the money for Gotze. Everyone knows that in German football there is only ONE constant: Bayern. Dortmund are still a selling club. Gotze knows that if their best players keep leaving (and they will), there are no guarantees about them challenging for titles every season.

Also, it seems that he was eager to work with Pep. Gotze is still an asshole in my book, but career-wise he probably made the right decision.

To get us back on track, Thiago is also thinking about his career rather than the club that nurtured him and turned him into a player, BUT the two situations are in no way comparable. It's unfair to hate Thiago, if he leaves. United had a similar situation with Pogba. Sure, he's not an academy product, but Ferguson saw him as a future star and signing him wasn't easy. He saw him as a starter in 1-2 seasons, but Pogba saw himself as a starter right then and there, so he left. Not many Utd fans blame Pogba for his decision, but i've seen a lot of them say Fergie should've played him more and definitely shouldn't have un-retired Scholes.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
When are people going to understand that Tito does NOT have anything to do with players contracts.

He knew about Thiago's contract though.

He could have played him in the last four games to avoid his buyout clause to stay at 18m

Jadentheman

"Thiago has a choice, either playing football 'vertically' with balls flying over his head - at Manchester United, or 'tiqui-taca' at beloved Barcelona. The only reason he wants to leave is Money. Just show him the door now, we've had enough. Let him go and ruin his career to club like Stoke City. Seriously? How can you compare 'Catalonia with England', 'Barça-ManUnited', 'Vilanova-Moyes ', 'Iniesta/Xavi or balls flying overhead', 'tiki-taca or football vertically, fast, direct.''

- Emilio Pérez de Rozas (from Catalonia's Sports Site "SPORT")

:worthy: :worthy:

Stoke :lol:

This guy is bias. Lol. Bunker ball in the Premier League doesn't happen with the best teams. United, Chelsea, Swansea, Arsenal. The list is quite a few for possession oriented teams.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

I to don't see the parallels between Thiago and Gotze at all, Gotze was already a first choice regular at Dortmund and a much loved fan icon, he was already one of their best paid and most important players, their best player, he neither needed more football or anything else, he was already getting it all at Dortmund, who'd just won back to back german titles and were flying in the champions league so it wasnt as if he wanted to leave for trophys he was already getting them, they'd also been regularly owning Bayern Munich in recent seasons, his motivation was quite clearly heavily financial.

Thiago is completely different, not only is he not first choice he isnt 2nd or 3rd choice either! his game time is probably not even half of what Gotze was getting and again unlike Gotze Thiago is far from certain of making next years world cup a the biggest tournament in world football being held in the birthplace of his farther, a tournament he very likely wont be part of if he stays 4th choice at Barcelona, if he goes to Manchester United plays regularly has a great season and wins titles in one of the most watched leagues in the world his chances will quite clearly be vastly improved and his development as a footballer will be greater for it.

Oh and Thiago isnt going behind Barcelonas back and signing on the quiet for Real Madrid giving Barcelona no say whatsoever.

Last edited:

jamrock

every time i wake. up abduction check here i attack a little heart attack and have to rush to the fcb website to see if the deal has been confirmed

Ghost

Heres a different question, amongst Barca fans would him signing for Manchester United be not say accepted but maybe well wished?

I personally don't have any problem with it. I kinda like United. Only clubs I would really hate to have any of our players sign for are Real and Chelsea.

Faceless

No more faces at night
I to don't see the parallels between Thiago and Gotze at all, Gotze was already a first choice regular at Dortmund and a much loved fan icon, he was already one of their best paid and most important players, their best player, he neither needed more football or anything else, he was already getting it all at Dortmund, who'd just won back to back german titles and were flying in the champions league so it wasnt as if he wanted to leave for trophys he was already getting them, they'd also been regularly owning Bayern Munich in recent seasons, his motivation was quite clearly heavily financial.

Thiago is completely different, not only is he not first choice he isnt 2nd or 3rd choice either! his game time is probably not even half of what Gotze was getting and again unlike Gotze Thiago is far from certain of making next years world cup a the biggest tournament in world football being held in the birthplace of his farther, a tournament he very likely wont be part of if he stays 4th choice at Barcelona, if he goes to Manchester United plays regularly has a great season and wins titles in one of the most watched leagues in the world his chances will quite clearly be vastly improved and his development as a footballer will be greater for it.

Oh and Thiago isnt going behind Barcelonas back and signing on the quiet for Real Madrid giving Barcelona no say whatsoever.
Gotze is more fitting to compare with Figo. That traitor.. Anyways, are you really sure Thiago's leaving? If he leave maybe we have extra money for getting CBs.. :tito:

I personally don't have any problem with it. I kinda like United. Only clubs I would really hate to have any of our players sign for are Real and Chelsea.

Thats sort of what i thought, of course no Barca fan wants him to leave that goes without saying but if you had to lose him i wouldn't of thought losing him to United would have pissed off Barca fans anywhere near as much as certain other clubs, Madrid, Bayern, Chelsea even City with their former Barca execs, surely they'd all be less fond destinations for a barca fan to take?

I also totaly accept the 'couldnt care less if he leaves where he goes' argument, i had the same mindset regards pogba, granted Pogbas nowhere near the level of Thiago but we did lose him for nothing! atleast youll get 20 odd million for thiago.

Gotze is more fitting to compare with Figo. That traitor.. Anyways, are you really sure Thiago's leaving? If he leave maybe we have extra money for getting CBs.. :tito:

Not any more sure than anyone else, i only know what you know and what everyone else does, what we read on the internet and in the papers, i think its close because there seems to be a general consensus amongst all the rumours about whats going on, barcelona expect Thiago to tell them he wants to leave, thats being reported everywhere today from what ive seen both in spain and england, his dad and agent agreed a deal with United last week, again that seems to be accepted across the board, usually when everyone is reporting the same thing from all over then theres likely good sources behind it, so the only thing that seems to be left is can barca convince him to stay and if so how, or has that time passed?

Home of Barca Fans