Thiago Translantara

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Let's try again:

Sunyol, please tell me where I said the move was motivated by minutes? It is not, but the fact he did not play enough minutes made sure he can be bought at a lower price, THAT'S what is wrong. If he wants to leave, fine. But clubs need to pay big for him. Not 18M...

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
You're right the club has screwed up regarding his contract but you can't blame Tito for that. You also can't expect him to pick a team around Thiago just so he can have more minutes, the fact is that although a great prospect he still isn't ready to start more games. He didn't play very well towards the end of the season and he was responsible for giving the ball away far too much.When he did give the ball away it often resulted in the opposition scoring a goal.

Barcilliant

The club always seems to be embroiled in protracted transfer sagas-Cesc, Alexis, Neymar, a cb?? and now Thiago's situation. I want him to stay but if he doesn't want to stay we should let him leave. NO ROONEY though-please. I wouldn't mind Kagawa though!

mittchan82

Going to ManU and playing a different style of the game would not get you a spot on Del Bosque's La Roja. Their playing style is very similar to Barça's and I'm sure he would prefer to have the players who play together regularly in the club to play for La Roja.
Watch and see, as long as Cesc gets more time on the field if Thiago leaves, he would be preferred over Thiago to replace Xavi. Unless of course Thiago plays like god with ManU. Even then, he would have to be at Messi's level for him to convince DB to pick him over Xavi, Iniesta or Cesc.
If he moves away, he'll be regreting it by this time next year.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
I don't know who put the idea in Thaigo's head that leaving Barca would get him into Spains midfield in next years WC, but that person should be put in a mental institute. Unless an injury takes place or multiple players have massive dips in form he won't be there and even then VdB may stay loyal to those who have already been waiting on the bench for their chance. Thiago as yet has not performed at a standard required to fully break into the Spain A-team, I am failing to see how he is suddenly going to put in performances on a level similar to Xavi and Iniesta when he moves to a new country where he has to adapt to a new language, football culture and style of play.

There is a reason why it is advised not to move to a new country the year before the start of a major tournament if you have ambitions of being picked for the squad, because things can very quickly go south and instead of lighting up a new league your form and morale suffer heavily, something not many players recover from. Honestly Thiago moving for money makes much more sense then this garbage, at least then I know him and the people whispering in his ear aren't deluded.

loozy

I don't know who put the idea in Thaigo's head that leaving Barca would get him into Spains midfield in next years WC, but that person should be put in a mental institute. Unless an injury takes place or multiple players have massive dips in form he won't be there and even then VdB may stay loyal to those who have already been waiting on the bench for their chance. Thiago as yet has not performed at a standard required to fully break into the Spain A-team, I am failing to see how he is suddenly going to put in performances on a level similar to Xavi and Iniesta when he moves to a new country where he has to adapt to a new language, football culture and style of play.

There is a reason why it is advised not to move to a new country the year before the start of a major tournament if you have ambitions of being picked for the squad, because things can very quickly go south and instead of lighting up a new league your form and morale suffer heavily, something not many players recover from. Honestly Thiago moving for money makes much more sense then this garbage, at least then I know him and the people whispering in his ear aren't deluded.

Was about to post this :)

S7_MUFC

I don't think Thiago is moving just to get into the national team because he has no chance of getting into starting XI because VDB doesn't pick his team based of form, I think he wants to play a major role in a team instead of sitting on the bench and maybe he's inspired by what Martinez achieved with Bayern by playing regularly in a good team.

oz187

The board should have upgraded Thiago's contract at the beginning of the season and raised the buyout clause. They haven't done so and Thiago has had the opportunity to play a decent amount of minutes to further prove himself and consolidate his image/value. Now that his buyout clause is less than his real value there's a big financial incentive to leave. The manager shouldn't have to be worrying about contract clauses, that just undermines his job and also undermines the club since the club is bigger than any player. This is the responsibility of the board and also Thiago for whatever decision he makes.

I don't think getting into the Spain squad is the reason for this, trying to adjust to the PL puts that more at risk as he could easily flop. His best bet would be to stay at Barca and improve. He played 55% of the Liga minutes he was available for and 62% of the Copa minutes so I think there would be enough for him to showcase his talents, especially if he improves.

SEvolution

in1hdElUUvOSH.gif

Still not buying this logic that Thiago staying 4th choice midfielder at Barca for another year some how gives him a better chance of getting to the world cup over regular football at another club, seems like bizarre logic to me, especially as his current situation has him nowhere near the national side, and if what Tito Vilanova has said to him is true the situation at barca wont change so why would it for Spain? hes behind the other 3 midfielders how does another season like the last one give him a better shot at a world cup than starring at another club every week? its backward logic and i think just said by supporters who understandably don't want him to go rather than looking at the situation from his point of view.

I agree with the part about Barcelonas style being a replica of spains so if he was a regular in Barca that would be the ideal situation and a big draw for Del Bosque, but thats the whole problem hes not and as Vilanova has told him for this coming season he wont be, so its a moot point, no matter how hard he works or fights for his place hes not and wont be first or second pick when the others are fit, its that simple, no football = no world cup for sure, regular football = a much better chance.

Gaudi

This is, for me, quite simple:
If he thinsk he'll play in Spain first 11 he is wrong. Who will be on the bench, Busi - not his postion, Xavi - yes when he retires same in Barca, Iniesta - yea right.
And there is Cesc who plays in attack as well, Silva, Mata and so on.

So he went because of money - for that I couldn't care less about him anymore, if he breaks two legs won't care.

Is Barca managmetn to blame as well - YES!
Sell him if he wants to go, but for God sake less then 20 mil, AFWUL! And then buy CB for 35 mil :angry:

Maybe hed just be happy being in the squad and being taken to Brazil to be part of it, something hes never getting sitting on the bench all season, again you cant predict what will happen this time next year, for all you know Spain could be without 2 or 3 key midfield players due to injury this time next year, Thiago then becomes a far likelier selection if hes been playing regularly rather than sitting it out on the bench.

At the end of the day a player only gets 1 career, world cups come around every 4 years, world cups in the homeland of key figures in your life may never come around again, its not absurd hes wanting to give himself the best possible chance to make the squad, hes not even making the squads as things stand and unless things change he wont.

Jadentheman

Still not buying this logic that Thiago staying 4th choice midfielder at Barca for another year some how gives him a better chance of getting to the world cup over regular football at another club, seems like bizarre logic to me, especially as his current situation has him nowhere near the national side, and if what Tito Vilanova has said to him is true the situation at barca wont change so why would it for Spain? hes behind the other 3 midfielders how does another season like the last one give him a better shot at a world cup than starring at another club every week? its backward logic and i think just said by supporters who understandably don't want him to go rather than looking at the situation from his point of view.

I agree with the part about Barcelonas style being a replica of spains so if he was a regular in Barca that would be the ideal situation and a big draw for Del Bosque, but thats the whole problem hes not and as Vilanova has told him for this coming season he wont be, so its a moot point, no matter how hard he works or fights for his place hes not and wont be first or second pick when the others are fit, its that simple, no football = no world cup for sure, regular football = a much better chance.

Even if he stays he will still most likely not get called up. However Del Bosque has a La Liga bias so the PL players hardly get time. The midfield is packed in the Spain team so even if Thiago is like one of the best players at United and in the league in general he still may not get called up. Cesc has a better chance because once Thiago leaves it's only him get to choose to sub in for INiesta or Xavi. Either way he won't get called up.

Home of Barca Fans