Thiago Translantara

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
One other thing. How does this "promise" affect looming Cesc transfer?
We'd have Keita,Thiago,Xavi,Iniesta and Cesc. 5 players for 2 positions is too much and leaving little space for Rafa,Roberto and others from B team.
It's just not in line with that memo Barca released or whatever it was, where they said we'll have a smaller squad leaning on B team for backups.
I like Fabregas but I'd rather have Thiago or others being given a chance to step in while Xavi is still on top of his form.

N

neanz

Although I got the point what the article was all about, the google translate is seriously crap. It's good news nevertheless, I was frightened that we might lose Thiago.

Twizku

The Twizmeister
Although I got the point what the article was all about, the google translate is seriously crap. It's good news nevertheless, I was frightened that we might lose Thiago.
Using Google Translate is always fun :lol:
I just hope Thiago won't be sitting on the bench like Bojan ( loan the boy out ffs Pep ) wasting his talent.

One other thing. How does this "promise" affect looming Cesc transfer?
We'd have Keita,Thiago,Xavi,Iniesta and Cesc. 5 players for 2 positions is too much and leaving little space for Rafa,Roberto and others from B team.
It's just not in line with that memo Barca released or whatever it was, where they said we'll have a smaller squad leaning on B team for backups.
I like Fabregas but I'd rather have Thiago or others being given a chance to step in while Xavi is still on top of his form.

Couldn't agree more. There is no sense in paying out the nose for a player we don't need and one that possibly doesn't even fit our system, we tried that last year with Zlatan. Must be such a wierd thing being one of the absolute best in the world and still not being a starter for the NT and he will not be one for us either.
There is a lot of politics involved though so we will probably end up buying him sooner rather than later.

N

neanz

Exactly what I think. Given the potential BOTH Alcantara brothers are showing, it would be unfair to spend heavily on Cesc and let the young guns fight it out with him.
Now that Thiago's contract is going to be renewed automatically for the next seasons, we should concentrate on improving him and give him more playing time instead of bringing Cesc back.

Twizku

The Twizmeister
Are we going to have too many good players on our bench? :) That's not a bad situation but wasting talent is always a shame. Iniesta and Xavi will start, that's obvious. Will Thiago, Cesc ( if/when we get him ) and Sergi R. ( who I want to make it to Barca's first sqaud :D ) battle it out or will some of them be loaned? If we buy Cesc will Arsene want Thiago/Sergi? Xavi and Keita are both 31. The original point of buying Cesc was that he would replace Xavi. This is getting a bit complicated...

V

Valon

Damn wierd... I moved some posts here and it moved them above some of the new posts here instead of below.

kiki#8

I'm too against buying Cesc. Yes, he's fantastic player, but he's also very expensive, he's often injured, and with buying him back we are sending our canteranos message that they can leave, succeed somewhere else and when they succeed, we will bring them back for 50 mil. € or so.

Last edited:

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
I'm too against buying Cesc. Yes, he's fantastic player, but he's also very expensive, he's often injured, and with buying him back we are sending our canteranos message that they can leave, succeed somewhere else and when they succeed, we will bring them back for 50 mil. € or so.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

X

xaviniesta

i think this is not the last time i see him posing with this thing...
scaled.php

Home of Barca Fans