Thiago Translantara

Alik

Told you. The starting 11 for next season isn't fixed. You cannot keep playing Xavi if he performs like that.

Stric

We need his youthful legs!

Dem legs.

Thiago-Alcantara1-e1371538718622.jpg

Told you. The starting 11 for next season isn't fixed. You cannot keep playing Xavi if he performs like that.

Unless you're Tito. :tito:

This is no time in a career to go out on loan. Whatever decision that'd be made should be a permanent one, not desperately clinging to both sides for it to end up not working out either way and then ultimately posing a true threat to his career. Loaning is far from the best option right now. He needs to buckle down at a long term club and choose whether he wants that to be starting at Barcelona within 1-2 years or at United now. I wouldn't blame him if he decides to stay or leave, but a loan is just a stupid mistake to make for a player like him.

After some thinking, I think you are probably right in some ways. At this point, i think im gonna just try to wait and see how everything turns out. I'm sure we will have some news about his signing for united or in the worst case, him staying with Barca and the reasons for his decision.

This whole saga has been worth it purely for the amazing gifs its produced!

Oh and BarcaStuff is now reporting that United are willing to include basically the same release clause he has now to get the deal over the line, according to sport.

Heres the latest tweet:

barcastuff ‏@barcastuff 15m
"With Man United now willing to accept 20M buyout clause if he doesn't play enough, Thiago seems close to joining the English club". [sport]

Ill believe it when i see it.

Last edited:
Does anyone else on here watch ESPN Press Pass? i often watch it as they tend to have some decent journalists on there and talk about all the latest goings on in football, however ive just watched tonights show and havnt since stopped laughing at Steve Nicol and his views on Thiago.

Rafael Hoingstein or whatever his name is was on and was asked about Thiago, said whats basically doing the rounds, its close he thinks Thiago will join United before August etc then Nicol was asked about it, he was saying Thiagos not good enough for United, only a reserve, not someone who would improve Uniteds team right now and a waste of money, apparently theres a good reason why he never plays....yes Steve its because 2 of the best midfielders ever to play the game are ahead of him you idiot, ironically he was just previously lapping up De Rossi and how brilliant a signing he would be for anyone, funny thing is De Rossi would be one of those 'reserves' for Barca to if he was playing there...no mention of this of course!

Sometimes i wonder how stupid these people really are and get paid to be, if he seriously dosnt think Thiago would be an upgrade on Tom Cleverly/Anderson a 40 year old giggs or Phil Jones then he should be locked up!

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
So Raphael Honigstein is sure that he will join.

Must be true then. He got good sources within the club I think.

So Raphael Honigstein is sure that he will join.

Must be true then. He got good sources within the club I think.

Basically what happened was the presenter had a tweet that asked about Thiago and Baines joining United, he then put that question to Honingstein (thanks for the spelling :)) Basically he said the Thiago deal is well advanced the only stumbling block is Thiagos people wanting a release clause similar to what he currently has at Barca, his exact words were "i think its more likely Thiago (and Baines) will be in Old trafford than out come August.

Not sure how reliable he is.

Home of Barca Fans