Thiago Translantara

oz187

I'm not jumping on any high horse; i find the idea that Barca players are taught some unattainable, super-duper way of playing football that NO midfielders anywhere else get to know either pretty ridiculous or highly arrogant!

I didn't say they are taught some unattainable, super-duper way of playing football that NO midfielders anywhere else get to know, I said "They might have the quick feet, but they don't have the footballing brain that canteranos have been developing for 10+ years. They might fail to adapt and even if they do it might take some time."

Canteranos will have spent over a decade learning the principles of Barca tiki-taka, do you seriously think a random player, however talented, can just walk into the squad and learn them in a couple of weeks?

Stric

Tiki-taka is still just football. People behave as if La Masia teaches kids magic tricks, not football skills. The arrogance is unbearable.

Jadentheman

Tiki-taka is still just football. People behave as if La Masia teaches kids magic tricks, not football skills. The arrogance is unbearable.

"Only canteras can play well at Barcelona"

Oh please. Like half of the clubs' legends have played outside La Masia

0n0mat0p0eia

I didn't say they are taught some unattainable, super-duper way of playing football that NO midfielders anywhere else get to know, I said "They might have the quick feet, but they don't have the footballing brain that canteranos have been developing for 10+ years. They might fail to adapt and even if they do it might take some time."
Your next paragraph is saying EXACTLY that!
Canteranos will have spent over a decade learning the principles of Barca tiki-taka, do you seriously think a random player, however talented, can just walk into the squad and learn them in a couple of weeks?

Players from La masia are just that...football players. They are not Gods; neither are they playing a brand of football that has NEVER been seen before. A mid-fielder who has top technique, a good footballing brain and quick feet CAN play one touch, pass and move, retaining the ball, (tiki taka) football.

If you think that a class midfielder couldnt play in Barca's midfield, then you have an arrogant, narrow-minded view of what constitutes a modern footballer.

Probably a complete coincidence or non issue but just wondered why has Thiago started tweeting everything in English of late? has he done this before at times? looking through his timeline hes only ever usually posted in Spanish.

Doubt it means anything at all just wondered.

Haha scrub that hes just tweeted something in spanish! i reckon he heard me ;)

ryaninho

Most of the dutch players are brought up on this special system. To say other players can not come here and play here is norrow minded and short sighted. Passing the ball well is not magic lets face it for every xavi, inesta or cesc you get fran, bojan and others. It's about the talent of the player or all barca b players would be here.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Becoming more and more clear that Thiago needs to stay, Xavi can't press to save his life anymore. We need a young and physically able midfielder to compete with sides that are too physical.

USWAY

Becoming more and more clear that Thiago needs to stay, Xavi can't press to save his life anymore. We need a young and physically able midfielder to compete with sides that are too physical.

Agreed. And Thiago is pretty athletic and solid defensively.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Probably a complete coincidence or non issue but just wondered why has Thiago started tweeting everything in English of late? has he done this before at times? looking through his timeline hes only ever usually posted in Spanish.

Doubt it means anything at all just wondered.

Haha scrub that hes just tweeted something in spanish! i reckon he heard me ;)

Yeah, he has done it before too.

Ramos and Pique for example also tweets in English.

Home of Barca Fans