Thiago Translantara

Mr Hulot

I love it that Del Bosque has urged Thiago to stay with Barcelona and establish himself with the club to get minutes with La Roja.

This is the year Thiago gets his shot to lead Barca and get his World Cup spot. I hope he doesn't leave before he gets his shot. It's coming.

Yeah, it was really a lovely touch by Del Bosque to make such a statement. It was as if he tried to convince him to stay...

Jadentheman

I think the club is making an effort. Xavi will get reduced play time and Del Bosque is hinting a special WC spot for him. Not to mention that Barca will raise his wages. I am sorry, but I want him to stay now.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Faceless

No more faces at night
I'm starting to believe it less and less each day. As the media milked the rumor dry, there has been little to no indication that he's even nearing a move which shows a lot of this was press-born instead of factual. They said he had already signed, they said he was gonna leave within a week of the first rumor, they said Moyes would unveil him at the first press conference, etc. And what has actually happened? It's been confirmed that he's still a Barca player and that he will join for preseason. There was obviously some desire to leave on Thiago's part, but I'm beginning to doubt that he'll go through with it.
Exactly! :facepalm: Thiago you sonnaofagun you keep quiet and getting all the fame while we as fans suffer!

Martindn

Quite funny how unbalanced a transfer saga is, it changes every single day dont think think anyone anywhere ever knows anything. Should of learned from last year, stay out of everything till its done, back to old days :p

As much as i believe VDB's opinion is trivial, him saying stay at barcelona is pretty big considering hes trying to break into national team.

Stric

To be honest, I thought that the entire VdB thing was blown out of proportion and distorted as soon as I saw the quotes for the first time. Judging by the reactions, you'd think he'd said: I WILL ONLY CALL HIM UP IF HE STAYS IN BARCELONA. The article that PaCmAn posted says it quite well, although it's obviously also written from a very specific point of view.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
To be honest, I thought that the entire VdB thing was blown out of proportion and distorted as soon as I saw the quotes for the first time. Judging by the reactions, you'd think he'd said: I WILL ONLY CALL HIM UP IF HE STAYS IN BARCELONA. The article that PaCmAn posted says it quite well, although it's obviously also written from a very specific point of view.

The exact wording was:
"The most important thing for Thiago is that he keeps on getting games. I think he'd get them at Barça."

That's all he can say. It was very apparent to me that he's trying to tell Thiago the best way to get a spot on his World Cup roster would be to stay @ Barca and get games. Even Mata as much of a beast he is with Chelsea looks out of place w/ La Roja.

Del Bosque knows Thiago staying with Barcelona and being groomed by us all year will only help La Roja. Him going abroad and learning a completely different system doesn't help out La Roja one bit. It certainly doesn't help out Thiago's chances of featuring with La Roja either next summer.

There's hearsay that Tito plans on giving Xavi significantly less minutes next season. Those minutes would most certainly go to Thiago if he stays.

Than again it could be all about the money. I'm sure Manchester United is offering more than we are.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans