Thiago Translantara

L

Learo

Not in the games I've seen... he doesn't participate enough and he's not very clutch either. He's got great ball control and he's a very good passer but that doesn't really translate into him dominating the game.

He participates from the deep lying position. It is harder to spot of course. As Cruyff said tongue in cheek, if the DM is invisible, he is great.

Martindn

Manchester United are expected to complete the £17 million signing of Thiago Alcantara from Barcelona in the next few days.

The Daily Star claims the Spain Under-21s midfielder has agreed a five-year contract with the Old Trafford club in a deal which could reach £20 million with add-ons.

It is understood that “only small details remain to be finalised, including the form of payment.”

Sources close to the player said: “Thiago is very excited by the chance to play in the Premier League.

“He has always been a lover of English football.”

Its always 'in the next few days'. Just wish it would end either way, should know by Barca's 10 day deadline, july 15th.

F

Flavia

Not even one paper had a clue on Villa's transfer. They only found out when it was posted on fcb's website. It'll be the same with Thiago.

Gaudi

I know it's oftopic, but last page was all about money, so I have a question for spanih friends (or anyone who knows): how come Real can always splash gazillion dollars on players?
Both clubs are not sheik or russian mobster clubs, their revenue is based on club operations: marketnig, ticket, results, TV rights...they have slightly better marketing , but result wise they are inferior. So where do they get all that money to splash around?

PaCmAn

Freixa (spokesman board): "Thiago is a Barcelona player, so he will start the pre-season with the group as planned." [catalunya radio]

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
I know it's oftopic, but last page was all about money, so I have a question for spanih friends (or anyone who knows): how come Real can always splash gazillion dollars on players?
Both clubs are not sheik or russian mobster clubs, their revenue is based on club operations: marketnig, ticket, results, TV rights...they have slightly better marketing , but result wise they are inferior. So where do they get all that money to splash around?

Political interventionism. During his first mandate, Florentino made agreements with city council to sell or build in their properties. But this comes from 1991. If you know Spanish language: http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/liga-bbva/chamartin-anos-pelotazos-2355087

oz187

Real have higher revenue, they also have slightly lower wages overall than Barca. Barca have also been using some of their revenue to pay down their debt whereas Real increased theirs.

Gaudi

Thanks, but I was under impression that Barca has higher debt, hence my question. If debt is the answer then I understand

Tonite

Vilanova is drawing up a plan for Xavi, who has played 50+ games in the last seven seasons, to play less games in the coming season. [md]

oz187

Thanks, but I was under impression that Barca has higher debt, hence my question. If debt is the answer then I understand

Clubs manage their debt according to their own business plan, RM chose to invest in players, Barca chose to pay down the debt(this will enable to invest in the stadium in the near future). The debt for both clubs is pretty low though compared to the revenue. They both can afford to take on more debt to buy players if they wanted. Also Barca have narrowed the gap in terms of revenue a lot these past 10 years. Real Madrid used to have a healthy lead but now the gap is only 6%. Don't be surprised if Barca start spending comparable sums to Real Madrid in these coming years.

Home of Barca Fans