Thiago Translantara

Ursegor

World Champion
More to the point, if a system involving Javi at CB is adopted, (which is not at all unrealistic, we can argue about its merits some other time) it's quite likely that Thiago will get a lot of minutes and may become a part of Pep's 'ideal XI' . They have a stacked squad and I'm sure anyone could come up with plenty of good looking lineups that don't involve Thiago, but that fact hardly shows that he is now doomed to warm the bench.
If Javi stays in midfield though, it'll be with Schweinsteiger and Thiago finds himself competing with Kroos/Muller/Gotze for two spots, and that's assuming Ribery + Robben is still a permanent fixture, which I don't think is a certainty.
Basically ou have to assume Javi won't play CB, Ribery and Robben will both start all the time, and Gustavo/Kroos/Muller/Gotze are all certain to be higher in the pecking order than Thiago in order to conclude that he's definitely going to be starved for minutes.

It's confirmed that Bayern will get Lewandowski next summer. This reduces the chances of a false 9 system so in CAM Thiago will compete with Götze, Müller, Kroos and in CM he will compete with Schweinsteiger and Kroos, even if Martinez is forced into a CB role. Which, by the way, would be stupid to begin with. Schweinsteiger is not a holding midfielder. They don't have another holding midfielder of Martinez' class, which is why they paid € 40M for him in the first place last summer.

But then again Pep never had a clue in the transfer market anyway, so, yeah.

PaulFCB

Banned
I don't know if Pep will just move from 4-2-3-1 to 4-3-3 because that's how he did at Barca, let's be serious, he didn't even start with a False 9 at Barca but with Eto'o as 9 and Messi/Henry on the wings, now he will probably just use the 4-2-3-1 with Mandzukic in the first season and later Lewandowski, maybe changing to a 4-3-3 later if things change and players like Ribery and Robben leave.

Der Kaiser

It's confirmed that Bayern will get Lewandowski next summer. This reduces the chances of a false 9 system so in CAM Thiago will compete with Götze, Müller, Kroos and in CM he will compete with Schweinsteiger and Kroos, even if Martinez is forced into a CB role. Which, by the way, would be stupid to begin with. Schweinsteiger is not a holding midfielder. They don't have another holding midfielder of Martinez' class, which is why they paid € 40M for him in the first place last summer.

But then again Pep never had a clue in the transfer market anyway, so, yeah.

If Pep plays a 4-1-4-1 with Schweini as a single holding midfielder they would be very vulnerable to counter attacks. He´s not the fastest player and without a second defensive midfielder and the fullbacks pushing forward like Pep likes them to do, there would be a huge space behind the offensive line with only 3 players defending and none of them particularly fast.

ShandyFFM

I just have a hard time seeing Thiago getting more minutes at Bayern. They have a ridiculously stacked lineup.

He will be a starter. Pep plays with 5 midfielders and with Thiago he now can play a bit more Barcastyle which he prefers and knows best. Although i dont think Bayern made the same contract as we did with Thiago. I think Pep will give him most time of all midfielders as he want him to be the new Xavi.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Bayern fans have the attitude Barca fans had a few years ago when we signed Cesc... spoiled little shits.
That attitude is far from being spoiled shit... The reason people were against Cesc was that Cesc would jeopardize Thiago's development and the club might lose out on him. You know what? It did happen! Thiago's development got stalled and now he even left us!!

And the Bayern fans sure got point when they think Thiago is not needed... They are God damn right! Their mid field is really strong for Thiago to get many minutes and if Pep drops any of their stars to play his favourite spoiled brat, i.e., Thiago, then there will surely be a dressing room trouble expecially with WC tournament not being too far off!!

So if you think the Bayern fans are behaving like spoiled brat when they reject Thiago then you need to get your rationality levels verified!!

PaulFCB

Banned
Pep probably considered him as back-up for now but in the future things may change, still, nothing better for Alcantara then Barca where he actually might've had a chance starting this season.
I think Thiago's best option was a team like Atletico where he could've played constantly and even in the Champions League.

JackSparrow

Guys, Thiago will deffinitely get a lot of playing time at Bayern. Surely he wouldnt move there without any confirmation from Pep that he will play a lot. And I am sure he added the same clause to his contract, regarding playing time, that he had with us. In the last season when Pep was here he played a lot, even more then this season, so I have no doubt Pep believes in him more then Tito.

Bivin

Tito should have let thiago play in his last few games. instead he played regular starters. This guy has no idea whats he is doing.

Gilberto

Tito should have let thiago play in his last few games. instead he played regular starters. This guy has no idea whats he is doing.

This. I just can't believe Thiago left. I was casually checking my phone for the latest football news when I found out. My friends asked me what was wrong LOL. They are always making fun of me and my love for Barca?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
No use of thinking back at this now.

Thiago's chapter is closed forever now.

Now we need to turn our attention to our La Masia talents such as Samper and hope that Fabregas succeed in replacing Xavi for now....

Home of Barca Fans