Thiago Translantara

Valdivia

Gonna take me a long time to get over him. Now that he's with Pep and a rival team playing some of the best football whilst winning trophies. It really hurts.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
and he's a shitty person because he left barca? dat logic

our management pushed him out tbh
Because he didn't wait till Tito gives him a true chance. One more year and Xavi probably retires. He could just wait. Maybe he disliked Tito as a coach/person. I don't know, but my opinion to him will never change. At his first Barca interviews he said that his dream is to succeed in football, whether it's Barca or not. It's not surprising that i hate a player who didn't love Barca truely. My opinion is a little strange but just let me have it :neymar:

Faceless

No more faces at night
Ok admittedly I'm not use to thiago wearing bayern shirt. Admittedly as well seeing pep not in barca feels uncomfortable. But I think all of us should really move on!

F

Flavia

Because he didn't wait till Tito gives him a true chance. One more year and Xavi probably retires. He could just wait. Maybe he disliked Tito as a coach/person. I don't know, but my opinion to him will never change. At his first Barca interviews he said that his dream is to succeed in football, whether it's Barca or not. It's not surprising that i hate a player who didn't love Barca truely. My opinion is a little strange but just let me have it :neymar:
Wait if he waited, continued having few minutes and his development was hindered by it, or he ended up having no chance? Tito clearly favored Cesc over him, so I don't think it's fair to demand Thiago had to wait. His standpoint is not the same of a supporter, this is his career. The romantic view of "loving" the club matters, but not that much. When clubs want, they just let go of players, never caring if they love the club or not, and no one complains. Like fontas, jds, bojan and many others.

Tito mistreated him, didn't trust him enough and underplayed him. He played an injured Xavi instead, and didn't even bother to play him in the 4 games at the end of the season to keep his clause up. And Tito/management made no effort whatsoever to keep him. No improved contract. No promises of more playing time. Nothing. It's pretty clear to me that Tito and management didn't really rate him. Or give a shit about him (as evidenced by the lack of effort to keep him). Compare that to Bayern, who have a coach who clearly does rate and trust him, and will almost certainly give him better treatment than what he got at Barca last season. I don't blame him at all for leaving. Don't see why anyone does tbh...

Maybe I'd understand the hate somewhat if Thiago did it for money, but he apparently took a pay cut. He simply wanted better treatment, more trust and more playing time.

Last edited:

Jadentheman

Tito mistreated him, didn't trust him enough and underplayed him. He played an injured Xavi instead, and didn't even bother to play him in the 4 games at the end of the season to keep his clause up. And Tito/management made no effort whatsoever to keep him. It's pretty clear to me that Tito and management didn't really rate him. Or give a shit about him (as evidenced by the lack of effort to keep him). Compare that to Bayern, who have a coach who clearly does rate and trust him, and will almost certainly give him better treatment than what he got at Barca last season. I don't blame him at all for leaving. Don't see why anyone does tbh, but maybe that's just me.

No you are correct +1

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Wait if he waited, continued having few minutes and his development was hindered by it, or he ended up having no chance? Tito clearly favored Cesc over him, so I don't think it's fair to demand Thiago had to wait. His standpoint is not the same of a supporter, this is his career. The romantic view of "loving" the club matters, but not that much. When clubs want, they just let go of players, and no one complains. Like fontas, jds, bojan and many others.
And yet everybody who left couldn't fulfill their true potential. But Thiago's case is not the same as theirs. He's an extraordinary player. I'm sure Pep will make a superstar from him. That's why i'm so sad :(
edit: i was wrong, my arguments are invalid. case closed

Last edited:
F

Flavia

And yet everybody who left couldn't fulfill their true potential. But Thiago's case is not the same as their. He's an extraordinary player. I'm sure Pep will make a superstar from him. That's why i'm so sad :(

No problem in being sad, I also didn't like one bit he left. It was just for you calling him "a shitty person", when he left probably because he felt under appreciated, or saw no real future for him. It's also not fair to care only for the extraordinary players, jds and the others have feelings too :p

Stric

Wait if he waited, continued having few minutes and his development was hindered by it, or he ended up having no chance? Tito clearly favored Cesc over him, so I don't think it's fair to demand Thiago had to wait. His standpoint is not the same of a supporter, this is his career. The romantic view of "loving" the club matters, but not that much. When clubs want, they just let go of players, never caring if they love the club or not, and no one complains. Like fontas, jds, bojan and many others.

Well said, Flavia, every word of it. Especially that last part. Someone also said it well recently - somehow loyalty is only taken into consideration if it's a player's loyalty to his club, but not the other way around. Hypocrisy everywhere. We've all seen how Xavi has been overplayed and how Fabregas was always the number one choice to cover for either Xavi or Iniesta, so if that continued, Thiago's future wouldn't have been very promising in the next few seasons. Now that he's left, I've seen people say with a straight face, and I quote, that Thiago would have probably taken over from Xavi in the 13/14 season. :facepalm: As you said, this is his career in question. He's incredibly talented, and at his age, he needs to make sure he's doing everything he can to improve as much as he can and as quickly as he can. We are yet to see if Bayern was the right choice, but one thing's for certain, his development definitely would have been further hindered at FCB.

I'd bet anything that most of those other coaches would have seen Fabregas as the first choice to take over from Xavi, as well.

Maybe, but I'm not so sure. The Fabregas/Iniesta midfield hasn't really worked before. Thiago/Iniesta has worked a lot better. I think this is why many, including myself, think we need a new young, talented midfielder to replace Thiago.

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
He might have felt disrespected but he was hardly underplayed. He will get similar minutes at bayern. I think he was moaning for nothing really, he left so could work with pep basically which his fair enough. Maybe he feels hell be a better player because pep understands him and could develop him better.

He'd have been better off staying here.

Home of Barca Fans