Thiago Translantara

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
This sounds so terrible. With Messi we are one hell of a team and without him we are crying babys without a plan for anything, even with players like Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets. But the sad thing is, that it's true...

Spain has been pretty awesome, there is no reason we can't replicate Spain's success at Barca.

Garrus

Vilanova: "Thiago said he wants to leave, it's his wish. Cesc on the other hand said he wants to triumph here. You want players like that"

This statement is the reason why i no longer concern myself with thiago, Goes big or flops, I really don't care.

BarcaOG

Banned
Spain has been pretty awesome, there is no reason we can't replicate Spain's success at Barca.

Quite on the contrary. It was Barcelona's success (albeit without Messi, obviously) that was replicated by the Spanish national team.

But that, too, has come to an end. Brazil's victory over Spain heralded the end of Spain's international dominance. With Xavi no longer playing at his best, Spain will no longer dominate through possession football.

And, mark my words- there will be a new world champion next year.

Jaguar

Flair Trait

The sad thing is Brazil used pretty similar tactics to Bayern and they complete nullified Spain to a point where is was just as embarrassing as Barcelona vs Bayern. Teams are learning that both Barcelona and Spain aren't as mighty as they first appeared to be with the right players and tactics.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
People need to move on. It's sad to say but this thread will have more discussion than fabregas thread this season. Shows where people's priorities are (hint: not Barcelona, but their precious little player).

I don't give a shit about how well he does next season.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Quite on the contrary. It was Barcelona's success (albeit without Messi, obviously) that was replicated by the Spanish national team.

But that, too, has come to an end. Brazil's victory over Spain heralded the end of Spain's international dominance. With Xavi no longer playing at his best, Spain will no longer dominate through possession football.

And, mark my words- there will be a new world champion next year.

That was one game. A week before the Spain Brazil game, Spain was completely dominant when they played against Uruguay which is not a bad squad at all. I am not ready to declare Spain's reign is over yet after one game. Sure Spain (and us) have a lot to improve on, but I don't think it is a broken record that can't be fixed.

Gohan

Super Saiyan
Spain's still has the best tactics to become the world champions, the only thing is the players.

Villa completely out of form, Torres same story.. Xavi getting old and he was heavily overplayed by our staff this season, Pique also the best option around anymore.
I can see Spain dominate international football and Brazil being runner up.

btw. Spain's future with Thiago, Isco, Illaramendi, Deulofeu etc. is just sick!

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
People need to move on. It's sad to say but this thread will have more discussion than fabregas thread this season. Shows where people's priorities are (hint: not Barcelona, but their precious little player).

Well I doubt you were this against activity in an outside players thread when Cesc was at Arsenal, don't make a double standard for this. He's still a great and admired player, I like Cesc but Thiago's development simply interests me and many others more as an individual player (mainly for the NT now that he's at Bayern and not Barca). Just because we discuss a lot about a non-Barca player doesn't necessarily mean it's against priorities.

XaviMessiGirl

I doubt it, once the season gets underway & people get over the fact that he is gone. It will still get some activity just like the Ibra thread for example after he left, or like the Villa thread probably will, but I doubt discussion on current players will be affected. Besides, if you don't like discussing Thiago & how he's doing then just don't visit the thread.

This sounds so terrible. With Messi we are one hell of a team and without him we are crying babys without a plan for anything, even with players like Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets. But the sad thing is, that it's true...

that's b.c the whole team has been built around one player. We got rid of players that could make individual differences ( henry, Etoo, Deco) to bring players who would play well as a team and help Messi do all the work upfront (pedro, alexis). Once Messi is stopped, Barcelona no longer has any player that could make a difference ( Iniesta maybe sometimes) .

People started to realize that Xavi, busquets and even Iniesta are not really that dangerous player. Pedro? please. Alexis? he would be a threat if he knew how to score.

it's time to bring Argueros, Ibras, Suarez, Etoos. Individual players to help the team. So that if Messi is stopped, we can have someone else to rely on.

If Neymar fails ( i think he won't be ready for another 3 years) we are effed.

Last edited:

KhaledBarca

Spain's still has the best tactics to become the world champions, the only thing is the players.

Villa completely out of form, Torres same story.. Xavi getting old and he was heavily overplayed by our staff this season, Pique also the best option around anymore.
I can see Spain dominate international football and Brazil being runner up.

btw. Spain's future with Thiago, Isco, Illaramendi, Deulofeu etc. is just sick!

Busquets is just 2 years olderer than Illarra...
Illarra will just warm the bench, there's Javi Martinez also ahead lol

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
You're forgetting the fact that cesc was 16 and his departure wouldn't hurt the team while thiago was probably one season away from being a first team regular. Him leaving at the last minute hurts our plans, not the case with cesc.

But why would you suggest Cesc was unheralded or not believed to be a great talent?...It's an absolute revisionist account of his ascendency in the cantera and for the NT

Home of Barca Fans