Thiago Translantara

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I can't believe some here really think he (and others of his talent level) should be content to sit on a bench especially when it's clear he isn't looked at as a priority. I have a lot more respect for him for having some ambition then I do with the likes of JDS who is content to sit on a bench . If I was him I would almost be embarrassed to ride the double decker bus through the city with the rest of team if I knew I didn't do anything but warm the bench all year.

Is the club loyal to all the players? the ones they sell - the ones would would give anything to be here? no- of course not.
I don't think anyone here would advise someone they knew personally to waste their life on a bench if they were as talented as he was.

So you are saying you have no respect for those Bayern players such as Rafinha, Contento, Can etc who seem to be rather contend with sitting on the bench?

ebc_99

You can't compare a future WPOTY like Thiago with a good player like Montoya.

Montoya can be every bit as good a right back as Thiago a midfielder. Montoya is already good enough to be a starter at Barca Thiago is not. Thiago will be a great midfielder just like Montoya will be a great right back.

I am more impressed by Montoya overall as he has done enough to start with hardly any games whilst Thiago has had 2 seasons to make a case and did not do enough.

With Titos illness Thiago may wish he stayed as Luis Enrique or Martino may have had him in their 11.

Stric

To be fair. It's not only the managment's fault. Montoya for example played much less games than Thiago did and did he complain? No, he even was satisfied with his playing time. Thiago wanted to play more and that he left is not only the managment's fault, instead it's because of his ego and maybe a little bit of his dad.

That's true, but Montoya was promoted to the first team later than Thiago. Thiago is the first of all these youngsters to get promoted. Besides, regardless of what a fan I am of Montoya, Thiago is by far the biggest prospect of them all, and the greatest talent. It's only logical that he'd have less patience than Montoya and the others. And Montoya has less competition for his spot.

ldb198

I don't know all the BM players to be honest. I didnt pay much attention to them until Pep and Thiago went there. But in general yes, my point is that I respect people like Thiago with ambition over the likes of a JDS who would never complain but take his check and sit on a bench forever just to say he was part of FCB. Some people think they want people who are just loyal to fcb but in reality- they wouldn't respect those people.

Jadentheman

Montoya can be every bit as good a right back as Thiago a midfielder. Montoya is already good enough to be a starter at Barca Thiago is not. Thiago will be a great midfielder just like Montoya will be a great right back.

I am more impressed by Montoya overall as he has done enough to start with hardly any games whilst Thiago has had 2 seasons to make a case and did not do enough.

With Titos illness Thiago may wish he stayed as Luis Enrique or Martino may have had him in their 11.

It might seem super easy, but their is still an air of instability. At Bayern he still has stability

Not really. Pep didn't know Bayern was getting a treble winning season when he said yes and signed on. He did know that they were capable of playing his system though.

It doesn't matter if he knew or didn't know. He has been lucky to be handed the best team in the world. If he does well ( it would be almost impossible not to do well), he will get the best out of Bayern, before they start going down hill, and then he could move on .

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
People still harping on about how "Thiago wasn't impressive enough with Barca 1st team"? Keep believing in that illusion to comfort yourself, he's only getting better and better with each game. With Pep he looks closer to the u21 euro Thiago than he did at Barca. Also he's doing very well in that deeper role in Bayern's midfield. I highly doubt he'll be there permanently with so many other DM options, but it's great that he's developing that side of his play and taking on a very influential role in his 1st two games. It's only preseason but he's owned against BM and Hamburg who are two very good BL teams.

Montoya is a great prospect but it's a very different situation and Thiago's choice wasn't JUST about playing time. He was by far our best young player and was almost always fairly impressive when he played, no point in undermining him in that respect. He still had some flaws like occasionally giving the ball away in bad positions, but if people really want to criticize him heavily for that then it's clear they are looking for excuses to call him bad. Still very disappointed that Barca lost him, but I feel happy for him at Bayern and continue to admire him.

Meitux

Im excited of what i see from him in Bayern so far,he adapted really well and quickly.Im waiting for the game against us to see how he does.Definitely one of the most influential players for Bayern in the future.

bluestar

Im excited of what i see from him in Bayern so far,he adapted really well and quickly.Im waiting for the game against us to see how he does.Definitely one of the most influential players for Bayern in the future.

Pleaseeee dont say something like this, bayern just bought him for fun according to many people and guardiola only said for fun "thiago or nothing" and he played those 2 games just for fun, he wont play any match for bayern in future!!! /ironic off

ebc_99

I don't really care that Thiago left as he did not contribute very much these past few years, I might change my mind as he will probably go on to have a great career, but he did not perform well enough in his time at the club. I bet most people can't think of 1 truly world class performance from him, I certainly can't and I would trust Montoya to give me a top performance in an important game before I would Thiago.

I think Dani Alves has been on and off the best right back in the world for the past 5 years and Montoya is not to far off him at the moment, with more game time I think he can be one of if not he best in the world.

Thiago has a lot of potential but is a long long way off being good enough to be a first choice starter for this club but i think he would be within a couple of years but he did not want to wait. That was his choice and it may pay off in the short term but I think he has made a mistake to leave Barca and will be looking for a way back in the future.

I have watched him for Bayern and he has looked impressive but he did with Barca in pre-season, lets wait and see how he copes with the important games.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Thiago might one day become the best player on the planet, a GOAT potential. Sure. But so what? What does that have to do with Barca?

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Can't think of one WC performance? He was MOTM worthy in several games (Cordoba, Osasuna, Athletic, Zaragoza, Getafe, Granada, and Celta from my personal memory). And those were among the few games where he got to play a majority of the 90 minutes. Your entire notion that he "didn't perform well" has little basis. You could argue that playing against teams like that doesn't make him "world class" but he didn't get many minutes at all against top teams so he didn't get enough chance to prove it, though I am almost sure he would have. Hell even in his cameo against Bayern he was great compared to our other players.

ebc_99

He did perform well and is a great talent but he did not show enough to get too upset with his decision to leave. Barca are very good at bringing through young midfielders and perhaps they feel that there are players in la Masia that are on his level and therefore did not see his decision to leave a disaster.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
Can't think of one WC performance? He was MOTM worthy in several games (Cordoba, Osasuna, Athletic, Zaragoza, Getafe, Granada, and Celta from my personal memory). And those were among the few games where he got to play a majority of the 90 minutes. Your entire notion that he "didn't perform well" has little basis. You could argue that playing against teams like that doesn't make him "world class" but he didn't get many minutes at all against top teams so he didn't get enough chance to prove it, though I am almost sure he would have. Hell even in his cameo against Bayern he was great compared to our other players.

Our players seemed scared of Bayern, even when the first leg started, which I can understand considering we were without Messi. I remember him performing against Real Madrid and Milan, he just wasn't given the opportunity in most big games.

I

instinct

Our players seemed scared of Bayern, even when the first leg started, which I can understand considering we were without Messi. I remember him performing against Real Madrid and Milan, he just wasn't given the opportunity in most big games.

This sounds so terrible. With Messi we are one hell of a team and without him we are crying babys without a plan for anything, even with players like Xavi, Iniesta and Busquets. But the sad thing is, that it's true...

Home of Barca Fans