Thiago Translantara

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Haha jesus christ - none of those Real Madrid players would get in the Barca team and you are naming DMs there.

Show me any club in the world that has four CMs for two postions as good as Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc and Thiago.

To even compare them to the Real Madrid players you mentioned is an absolute joke.

Did you read anything else from the post, which quite frankly proves you wrong? I find it funny how you pick and choose which part to respond to and blatantly ignore the part that obviously refutes what you say.

The point of the Madrid players is that they're all similar in quality and looking for starting football, and it's not hard to please them. Same deal with plenty of other clubs. Bayern is easily a club with several midfielders world class in quality who are competing for 3 midfield. Don't tell me they played at different positions, because for a majority of last year Iniesta was on the wing yet even then Xavi was overplayed to the point of injury and Thiago left out. If you want to nitpick and say Gotze is an AM so there are only 3 real CM's at Bayern, it's just as easy to point out that Xavi is the only real CM at Barca while Cesc and Iniesta are AM's. Thiago may not be Xavi in exact replica, but he is a CM. Yet I guarantee you'll ignore this part of the post and just continue to talk about the Madrid players as if that is the focal point of what I'm saying.

Once again an argument is going in circles with you so consider it my final response.

JamDav1982

if barca have four excellent CM, shouldn't it have then made it easier for a manager to rotate them, know he as class no matter who he plays?. i don't know i am just asking questions

He did rotate.

Thiago started in over half the league games he was available for.

He probably got more minutes than his performances merited.

Galning

Thiago is a natural AM. It was Luis Milla who started playing him deep, and built both his 19s and 21s around him. He is a more versatile midfielder, with better skill-set than Cesc. Its a tough loss, but that's life. I try not to venture in to this thread as its disheartening to see a diff club reap the benefits of La Masia grooming, and a talent of such quality.

Yes, really sad. Even more so if you think about the way he left. Tito stating: "Don't care about contracts I select who deserves it".. ridiculous. And Rosell boasting that he got 25M for him :lol: Can't believe we let him go.

jamrock

He did rotate.

Thiago started in over half the league games he was available for.

He probably got more minutes than his performances merited.

he got most of his minutes playing something like 30 minutes or less, which a side from tito's tactics which had everyone not named busquets,iniesta or messi looking shit, probably explains why he couldnt find his form. no run of proper minutes.

F

Flavia

To be fair Flavia, let's give Tito SOME credit he did get us to the Semi Finals of CL and Copa and 100 pts all while having cancer and missing months of the season. Bad is harsh, he was impeded by too many personal issues but didn't show enough trust in his whole squad is fair.

He was a fine tactician, but a bad man manager. He also played Messi injured, which took its toll later on. He played Xavi on painkillers too... that's not a good manager for me. He should had stepped out sooner, if he was ill. Another one of many bad calls.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Yes, really sad. Even more so if you think about the way he left. Tito stating: "Don't care about contracts I select who deserves it".. ridiculous. And Rosell boasting that he got 25M for him :lol: Can't believe we let him go.

Meh, I was angry at first - but now I don't think he would fit into our system - we have Iniesta + Cesc on 'AM', and we need a holding CM / box-to-box to complement them - Thiago was not the right man for the job even though I think he is a brilliant player.

zanela

yep it was milla who played him a CM, but man was he go there, its at the the U19 level that the alcantara brothers seem to have switch positions with oscar starting to play rafa at AM and false 9 when he was always a CM.

thiago would definitely have developed into a more dynamic form of xavi for us over the years

Without a doubt. My dream MF of Busi-Samper-Thiago will never happen. :( I'd love to know what you think of Oliver Torres. The kid's vision and finesse on the ball is incredible. I'll feel a lot better if we could get him.

Fibonacci

The amount of criticism Tito gets here is stupid. For what? Because he didn't play Thiago? As barcanuck pointed out, Tito did well, and it was only his first season (and he had cancer). To call him a shit manager is outrageous - shows how spoiled people are nowadays. A bit like people calling on Tata to leave because the team failed to play electrifying football in a few games.

As to Thiago, I fail to understand why so many people side with him. He left the club despite being told he was and would be an important member of the team, and despite his playing time increasing from year to year. If you don't want to play for Barca, your loss.

jamrock

Without a doubt. My dream MF of Busi-Samper-Thiago will never happen. :( I'd love to know what you think of Oliver Torres. The kid's vision and finesse on the ball is incredible. I'll feel a lot better if we could get him.

when i was typing a more dynamic form of xavi, torres was the one that popped in my mind, which says it all really. he is for me the best young midfielder I see playing these days, better than anything we have in barca for sure and would have been the ideal replacement for xavi, not like for like obviously, but a more dynamic version, who covers as much area of the pitch, with a little less ability to control the game(well a lot less given who is being compare to) but with more ability to create his own play.

he wont stay at atletico for very long, unless they get bought out or something, so i hope we are first in line to get him

Paganinisrvnge

Tito was bad not because of trophies but because it was clear to anyone who watched a lot of matches last season that we were bailed out CONSTANTLY by Messi's genius. There were times when the team were drawing a match and Tito waited until about the 82nd minute to make a substitution and it was then Messi who saved the day, anyway.

Stric

The amount of criticism Tito gets here is stupid. For what? Because he didn't play Thiago? As barcanuck pointed out, Tito did well, and it was only his first season (and he had cancer). To call him a shit manager is outrageous - shows how spoiled people are nowadays. A bit like people calling on Tata to leave because the team failed to play electrifying football in a few games.

As to Thiago, I fail to understand why so many people side with him. He left the club despite being told he was and would be an important member of the team, and despite his playing time increasing from year to year. If you don't want to play for Barca, your loss.

His coaching was obviously good enough to get the results with the team he had and Messi's brilliance, but his management of the squad was horrible. And it lead to players deteriorating and/or leaving. I don't see how that is not bad management.

ivan22

SeriousFreeEmperorpenguin.gif

OddDevotedIrishterrier.gif

:cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Tito told Thiago that he could not guarantee him more playing time than he had last season in a meeting with him before he left. It was all over MD and SPORT for days.

Home of Barca Fans