Thiago Translantara

Jadentheman

OddDevotedIrishterrier.gif

:cry::cry::cry:

Him + Neymar
but it never happened :(

At least Roberto can hopefully show quality. Although Roberto won't be as flashy

DinhoR10

He'll be back when del bosque tells him no non Barca/Real players allowed :lol:

But seriously look at Javi martinez, no Alonso for confed but del bosque plays a single sweeper with Busi instead of bringing him into the normal double pivot.

Fibonacci

screw the status quo. Eff Tito, I will never forgive him for letting Thiago Leave.

Come on. Thiago chose to leave. If anything you should be disappointed in his decision.

And yes, as someone said, Tito said he can't guarantee more of playing time for Thiago (who already played the majority of matches he was available for in La Liga), but this is only right - a player has to deserve his playing time. Thiago last season was only the 4th best central midfielder. Instead of demanding playing time and then jumping ship, he should've fought his way into the team by playing better.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Come on. Thiago chose to leave. If anything you should be disappointed in his decision.

And yes, as someone said, Tito said he can't guarantee more of playing time for Thiago (who already played the majority of matches he was available for in La Liga), but this is only right - a player has to deserve his playing time. Thiago last season was only the 4th best central midfielder. Instead of demanding playing time and then jumping ship, he should've fought his way into the team by playing better.

Again with the 4th best stuff, that's looking at a situation through black and white lenses. If you just order players in terms of quality, then the lesser ones are guaranteed to feel less useful and have less of a chance. If you look at it in terms of what and how much he offers (youth, future development), then he's got the capability to impress.

Besides, what's to say that Thiago deserved to be so far behind in the pecking order. Where was Xavi giving 9/10 performances every match? All I remember was him being overplayed to the point of complete dullness and then suffering through injury. Cesc too, was largely inconsistent for the 2nd half of the season. This applies to all but maybe 4-5 players in the entire squad. Every game wasn't showing our promise as a team or a unit but just our ability to suffocate the minnows of the league relying far too much on Messi's decisive moments rather than quality play overall. How is Thiago singled out for not being at a sky high level when the system was so ineffective and passive. Neither Xavi nor Cesc proved themselves to be at some otherworldly level last season which would rightfully cement themselves above Thiago in the pecking order, in reality there should have been an equal chances competition for the places. You can't have expected Thiago to do amazingly with disjointed minutes in unimportant games/situations while playing in a system that made most of our players look lackluster.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Tito's poor rotation policy affected several of our players and factored largely in Thiago's exit...after the re-emphasis by Pep, it turned out to be a massive shortcoming of Vilanova

Cule4life

The Culest
They are better but that doesn't mean he's less useful or less valuable. Everything isn't that black or white. Just because in merit/theory he was 4th choice doesn't mean that it should've pushed him out. Pedro is 4th choice for 3 attacking positions, he's getting plenty of time and goals. Roberto is 4th choice midfielder and WAYYY farther behind in quality than Thiago, yet he's still getting a lot of games. Same deal for Bartra, and Montoya. Added to that, Thiago is farther along than those young players, no longer a prospect but a genuinely useful player that can be relied on.

Once you start defining a rigid pecking order that pits Thiago as 4th choice like Tito did, you're guaranteed to discourage a young player on his playing time. However when you use a wide variety of factors to judge who should play when and rotate to give fair time to everyone, he'd feel like he's around as important and regular as the others and a significant part of the team. It was truly a mistake to let him go, one that hopefully is learned from.

My words exactly :worthy:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Tito is to blame but it was pep and his brother pere who arranged his move to Bayern.
Pathetic on our former manager to poach like that and fill his brother's pockets with $$$.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Tito is to blame but it was pep and his brother pere who arranged his move to Bayern.
Pathetic on our former manager to poach like that and fill his brother's pockets with $$$.

That's more reactionary than thought through, Bojan...Even Pep's Dad said in the press that he would never poach Barcelona talent...Unsettled talent was never addressed and that was always going to be the case that Pep would not hesitate to pursue unsettled Barcelona players...And the reason Thiago was unsettled can be debated although his minutes alone explain plenty under Tito

Truth is several players became unsettled under Tito - Cesc, Thiago, Montoya, Bartra & Tello...Interestingly enough, all cantera players

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Made me laugh, this! But sadly it's not far from the truth :D

Good for us, hombre. Means less of a chance to get an injured player back. Remember Martinez and that completely useless trip to North-Africa with the national team? Had to play on some shitty pitch, came back injured although he had just barely recovered from the injury before and didn't really play any matches even for Bayern.
F**k national teams and their arrogant as shite national football associations (Brazil, I'm looking at you), man.

Maria

I have to say that latelly I'm really enjoying the hate that Pep and Thiago are getting from cules and Bayern fans..from cules that not so long ago were saying that Pep was only playing Busi because he was catalan and Bayern fans that a year ago couldn't wait to get rid of Heynckess.

:lol:
Yes, the man should have just let one of his favourites players just leave at Manchester United so he would not upset a club that only needed 2 months before declaring that Tito was already better than Pep in everything. Also let's just ignore that in the process of poaching Thiago, Pep also filled Barca's pockets with $$$, with 10 times more money than we managed to get for Villa, for example. And without those money there's no way in hell that a club that can't make color photocopies would have been able to pay Neymar's father, Neymar's fundation and Neymar's agency.

That's more reactionary than thought through, Bojan...Even Pep's Dad said in the press that he would never poach Barcelona talent...Unsettled talent was never addressed and that was always going to be the case that Pep would not hesitate to pursue unsettled Barcelona players...And the reason Thiago was unsettled can be debated although his minutes alone explain plenty under Tito
In one of Pep's first press conferences for Bayern he was asked if he was ever going to buy a player from Barca. And he said that no one that is happy at Barca will ever leave the club. Thiago wasn't happy at our club, so it would have been stupid from Pep's part not to try to buy him. But when we have a sporting director who publicly says that he will never buy a player from Athletic it's easy to understand why some cules are confused.

Truth is several players became unsettled under Tito - Cesc, Thiago, Montoya, Bartra & Tello...Interestingly enough, all cantera players

I don't think Tello was unsettled..actually I think he is the only one from your list who probably was happier with Tito than he is with Tata.

Last edited:

Die Bayern

Good for us, hombre. Means less of a chance to get an injured player back. Remember Martinez and that completely useless trip to North-Africa with the national team? Had to play on some shitty pitch, came back injured although he had just barely recovered from the injury before and didn't really play any matches even for Bayern.
F**k national teams and their arrogant as shite national football associations (Brazil, I'm looking at you), man.

I try not to think about that as I just can't let it go. Was so pissed about that..

Anyways, Thiago wasn't at his best yesterday (and the whole team tbh) but it was the first time he was involved in 2 goals while at Bayern - 1 assist and 1 goal. Hopefully he continues that way.

zanela

You or other fans may not like it, but the fact of the matter is footballers 've NT aspirations. A contributing factor to Thiago's departure was to improve his WC chances. If he thinks LL bias is impeding his NT chances at any time in the future, don't be surprised if he starts pushing for an exit.

Home of Barca Fans