Thiago Translantara

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
i would always watchvideos of him and try to copy his style when i wasin the youth at chacarita

Lemmi

The Reckoner
Despite the result I was so excited to see Thiago and damn does the boy have talent but just as much have that way of dictating games, watching him and seeing Xavi do the master role on sunday was like watching a dress rehersal for the master. Jonathan also hugely impressed me and more than half of the Camp Nou thought that thunderbolt had gone in.

maz

I walk the line
reminds me of dinho

I agree. I didn't see it during the game, but watching the youtube video he moves like ronaldinho sooo much it's untrue. His little passes, his speeding up of the play, his balls forward, diagonal, left and right. Even his carriage his like ronaldinho.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He does this great flick that is standard Brasilian football with both the instep and outside of his boot...Accurate everytime, it's impressive

beef-supreme

By the way, his father is the one and only Mazinho. What a wonderful name..

:lol::lol:

But the thing is Giovani used to remind a lot of people of Dinho too, look-wise he resembled him as well (maybe he looked like a girl version of Dinho :p)
So I suppose it runs in the family.

maz

I walk the line
Gio didn't remind me much of ronaldinho. Not even in looks.

Having said that, this is thiago we're talking about, not jonathan!

mobster_1930

Saw him against city and i have to say that this guy is big hope. He can shot, he can control ball, he is fast - everything barca needs.
Better than Pedro imo.

Plip

Cardenal de Catalunya
Saw him against city and i have to say that this guy is big hope. He can shot, he can control ball, he is fast - everything barca needs.
Better than Pedro imo.

You can't really compare Thiago to Pedro as they play in different positions and have quite different qualities. Thiago is a definite attacking mid but Pedro is a more of a winger. You can't really say Pedro hasn't been good either as he has managed to tally up four goals during the preseason and has evidently developed from what he used to be last year.

Hopefully Thiago will start settling in as well and will get more minutes as they would only do him good.

A

asemh

the first barcelona player with the last name alcantara was paulino alcantara
Barcelona's unofficial top scorer! lol
check it out in the official website and go to legendary and see paulino alcantaras stats

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
You can't really compare Thiago to Pedro as they play in different positions and have quite different qualities. Thiago is a definite attacking mid but Pedro is a more of a winger. You can't really say Pedro hasn't been good either as he has managed to tally up four goals during the preseason and has evidently developed from what he used to be last year.

Hopefully Thiago will start settling in as well and will get more minutes as they would only do him good.

Indeed, very different players...The comparisons of Thiago to Deco/Ronnie are apropos, IMHO...Pedro is definitely more of a winger and definitely is a bit unfair to suggest one is better than the other...I'd actually say that Pedro has taken a considerable leap of improvement from last season...Easily one of the most impressive players from the preseason

veryfatchocobo

the first barcelona player with the last name alcantara was paulino alcantara
Barcelona's unofficial top scorer! lol
check it out in the official website and go to legendary and see paulino alcantaras stats
Don't forget that Paulino is Ilocano <_<

Home of Barca Fans