Thiago Translantara

DrPepper

IIRC there were talks about a Thiago Silva vs Thiago Alcuntara trade in ~2011. In hindsight, a bad decision not to do that.

StarLord

Will these tears over Thiago ever dry up?

I mean, OK he is a good player, maybe we should have kept him, but get over it, there are better midfielders out there.

EdmondDantes

Footballers are like thoroughbreds, no wonder Thiago and Rafa's father is a World Cup winner. Isn't Rodrigo of Valencia their cousin as well?

It's great to see him back and enjoying his football after so many terrible consecutive injuries. Unless he's playing against us, I always wish him well.

frog-fcb

For a start i dont see it as titos fault he was in new.york getting treatment most of the season. Yes thiago is a good player but very injury prone so we couldnt count on him as a replacement in our midfield. Also no one forced him out if he wanted to stay he could always say no to bayern

Stric

For a start i dont see it as titos fault he was in new.york getting treatment most of the season. Yes thiago is a good player but very injury prone so we couldnt count on him as a replacement in our midfield. Also no one forced him out if he wanted to stay he could always say no to bayern

Tito was still calling the shots, as far as we know from the media. Besides, there was more than enough time to bring Thiago's minutes above the clause limit after he came back from New York. Plus, we had already won the League at some point. He still didn't play him. Thiago leaving is one man's faulty only, and that's Tito. No doubt about it. Thiago was not only underplayed, he was pretty much humiliated by his own coach. At that point it wasn't just a matter of choosing to leave or to stay. Nobody knew what was going to happen next with Tito, and for all Thiago knew, he would only get more of the same treatment if he stayed. How anyone can blame him for leaving is beyond me.

Home of Barca Fans