Thiago Translantara

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
How is that cocky? It's called confidence. And that is exactly what "Mia san mia" is all about. -> No matter the odds, no matter how we suffered, we are still FC Bayern and will get through this.

There's always some polemic in what Bayern's players say, always that hint of cocky, not blatant, but juuuust enough. ALWAYS !

Thiago, Muller, Neuer, Benatia, Xabi, Javi... I guess that's just the clubs mentality, but it's not pleasing, nor ok, though they have every right to be so if that's what they wish.

Check out Messi's press conference, he doesn't name a single bayern player, and every "compliment" he made about barça he immediately made about bayern too, not a single sentence that could be interpreted even in the slightest as condescendent or arrogant, it's just a world appart from all we're hearing from Bayern.

Story just keeps repeating itself in this matter.

Last edited:

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
We will break him.

ixwf35.jpg

Let's leave it to Bane

nnao

There's always some polemic in what Bayern's players say, always that hint of cocky, not blatant, but juuuust enough. ALWAYS !

Thiago, Muller, Neuer, Benatia, Xabi, Javi... I guess that's just the clubs mentality, but it's not pleasing, nor ok, though they have every right to be so if that's what they wish.

Check out Messi's press conference, he doesn't name a single bayern player, and every "compliment" he made about barça he immediately made about bayern too, not a single sentence that could be interpreted even in the slightest as condescendent or arrogant, it's just a world appart from all we're hearing from Bayern.

That's because they're getting asked completely different questions. What has Javi said that was cocky? He's an absolute sweetheart.

Vlom

That's because they're getting asked completely different questions. What has Javi said that was cocky? He's an absolute sweetheart.

Javi Martinez when asked about the difference between Madrid and Barça :
"Lo mejor que tiene el Madrid es que necesita media ocasión para hacerte un gol. El Barça no es que tenga a los mejores del mundo porque en esa lista entra Cristiano o Robben, pero a nivel global sí que es el equipo más difícil."

"The best thing about Madrid is that they only need half a chance to score a goal. It's not that Barça has the best players in the world, in that list there's Cristiano or Robben, but on the global level it's true that they're the most difficult team".

1430740386_extras_noticia_foton_7_0.jpg

And the pic, I'm not even sure I understand what it's supposed to mean.

I have seen enough sentences of Barca players before that could be interpreted the same way.

Actually the BILD headline about Messi's press conference reads
"Messi warnt und stichelt Richtung Bayern"

That translates into "Messi warns and takes a dig at Bayern"...

It is not what the players really say - the media takes sentences and interprets them the way they want it to be.

nnao

Javi Martinez when asked about the difference between Madrid and Barça :
"Lo mejor que tiene el Madrid es que necesita media ocasión para hacerte un gol. El Barça no es que tenga a los mejores del mundo porque en esa lista entra Cristiano o Robben, pero a nivel global sí que es el equipo más difícil."

"The best thing about Madrid is that they only need half a chance to score a goal. It's not that Barça has the best players in the world, in that list there's Cristiano or Robben, but on the global level it's true that they're the most difficult team".

1430740386_extras_noticia_foton_7_0.jpg

And the pic, I'm not even sure I understand what it's supposed to mean.

How is that cocky? He's not even talking about himself or Bayern in this case (except for the Robben mention)?

Not really quite sure what Javi is trying to say either. Basically what I get is that Barca are the toughest to face as a team, because of more than just individual talent. And he's a Ronaldo fan and not Messi. Not quite sure. He's an odd one, that Javi.

Last edited:
About Javi - Javi was doing his first press conference in German yesterday. He mixed German with English - he probably has answered questions of the printing journalists later on in the same way. And it could be that there has been some problems with his language, too.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
How is that cocky? He's not even talking about himself or Bayern in this case (except for the Robben mention)?

Not really quite sure what Javi is trying to say either. Basically what I get is that Barca are the toughest to face as a team, because of more than just individual talent. And he's a Ronaldo fan and not Messi. Not quite sure. He's an odd one, that Javi.

I used to like Javi. :( Not any more.

Hamzah

High Definition Member

i wish we were a bit more arrogant, like xavi used to be sometimes in his press conferences.

What???

This is the funniest thing I have ever heard. Yeah we sold him to you because we desperately needed the paltry 25m euros.

:lol:

It is that what I just read in an interview with Thiago's father about the match tomorrow who believes that Barcelona needed the money. He told that Real, United, Tottenham and Bayern had offers for Thiago then.

Last edited:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
it helped fund the neymar transfer. we were also trying to go for thiago silva that summer. so if you see it from that view it makes sense.

nnao

I used to like Javi. :( Not any more.

One thing that confuses me about this is that I didn't even think that Javi prefers Ronaldo to Messi. Pretty sure I remember Javi having minor beef with Ronaldo.

"Something happened after the game, but things like this happen all the time. Basically I told him to stop pointing at the stands. I might have called him a 'son of a b***h', but players refer to my mother every game and nothing ever happens" - Javi

[youtube]KOqqYCo2YRE[/youtube]

In fact, before facing Barca in 2013 he said "Messi is the best in the world but Barcelona are not just about Messi." So, maybe I'm just misreading the quote?

Vlom

I have seen enough sentences of Barca players before that could be interpreted the same way.

Actually the BILD headline about Messi's press conference reads
"Messi warnt und stichelt Richtung Bayern"

That translates into "Messi warns and takes a dig at Bayern"...

It is not what the players really say - the media takes sentences and interprets them the way they want it to be.

I'm totally aware that the media try to manipulate things, that's why I waited to find the complete quote from Neuer for example before I gave my opinion, and adding all BM players quotes, there seems to be that one thing in commun, that they all somehow nagg either barça or messi, they just can't help it.

Anyway, doesn't matter really, just confirms what I suspected, and that all previous polemics with Neuer, Muller, Robben were not born from thin air either.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
it helped fund the neymar transfer. we were also trying to go for thiago silva that summer. so if you see it from that view it makes sense.

No, even though the end result was we got 25m which probably was used to toward buying Neymar, but that was not why we let him go. We let him go because he wanted to leave and our board did not value him that much, not because we badly needed the 25m euros.

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista

bullshit, Javi Hates ronaldo [youtube]watch?v=_mnKXjPrjf8[/youtube]
after that gesture Martinez responded by saying something about the world cup

Home of Barca Fans