Thiago Translantara

F

Flavia

I do not belive the bolded part to be true.

Really? Based on what? Because there is evidence to back it up. Then again, I remember you didn't believe when Cesc himself said he wanted to leave. So you make up reality to fit your narrative, it doesn't really matter what really happened.

serghei

Really? Based on what? Because there is evidence to back it up. Then again, I remember you didn't believe when Cesc himself said he wanted to leave. So you make up reality to fit your narrative, it doesn't really matter what really happened.

What really happened we don't know. Arguments are for both options.

F

Flavia

What really happened we don't know. Arguments are for both options.

You think pep would lie? Read pep confidential. Also, the way tito talked about Thiago made it obvious he didn't rate him. And Freixa's comments after the sale only corroborate that.

serghei

You think pep would lie? Read pep confidential. Also, the way tito talked about Thiago made it obvious he didn't rate him. And Freixa's comments after the sale only corroborate that.

If we wanted to sell him, then we would've made sure he played those extra games and negociated a higher fee based on the buyout being 90m. What probably happened is that Thiago wanted out, and Barca didn't try very hard to convince him to stay. I can see how that could be interpreted as wanting to sell him, but it's different. I'm pretty sure Thiago made the first move.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Tito played him a lot though.

I have read Pep Confidential and certain part like that Thiago bit comes across as a bit of saving face for Pep taking a Barca player. It is quite vague about them previously testing his value in market etc but doesnt state they were actively trying to sell him.

Having said that it is irrelevant really. Thiago was offered a starting place under Pep at the European Champions and it was a step forward in his career in relation to the position he found himself in at Barca at that moment.

gasgas

I do not belive the bolded part to be true. I believe Thiago forced his way out through that clause because Bayern guaranteed him things Barca couldn't.

you are wrong my friend. very wrong :facepalm:

Or Messi. Messi could leave right now for twice as much as Barca can afford to pay him. Only thing that keeps him at Barca is loyalty and love for the club.
im pretty sure if we got a management that all the sudden started treating him poorly, diminishing his importance, and there comes a team which is better than barca football wise, and offers him the salary and the important role, he would leave right away.
If we wanted to sell him, then we would've made sure he played those extra games and negociated a higher fee based on the buyout being 90m. What probably happened is that Thiago wanted out, and Barca didn't try very hard to convince him to stay. I can see how that could be interpreted as wanting to sell him, but it's different. I'm pretty sure Thiago made the first move.

Based on how we have been conducting the transfers you expected barca to do everything possible to get the highest fee possible? :lol:.
and i think it is easier selling a youth prospect at 18 M than 90 M. by playing him those extra games, the motive would be to raise his buuyout and keep away potential suitors. Lowering it means you are making him available for sale to whoever can reach that buyout

BarcaJack

Ironically I think Thiago would really enjoy Lucho's fast attacking football we play right now.
Edit: However, I don't think MSN+Thiago would work. Thiago's defending does not convince me.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Ofc not, so someone would meet his buyout. I can't see a team paying that much for Thiago back then. He was just a prospect, although an excellent one. If he was played more, it would only be to avoid selling him. Not the other way around. And he actually was sold for more than his buyout, 25m. His buyout was 18m. Bayern avoided taxes, Barça got more money. Win-win situation.

Why does it matter who made the 1st move? When Xavi almost left for milan, the 1st move was from him and his father. It was a similar situation. Difference being mazinho kept firm with wanting thiago to leave, while mr Joaquin had to give it up to avoid breaking his family apart. Barto, Faus, Freixa and co didn't have that much faith in thiago. Surely not the same you seem to have.

Tito played him a lot though.

I have read Pep Confidential and certain part like that Thiago bit comes across as a bit of saving face for Pep taking a Barca player. It is quite vague about them previously testing his value in market etc but doesnt state they were actively trying to sell him.

Having said that it is irrelevant really. Thiago was offered a starting place under Pep at the European Champions and it was a step forward in his career in relation to the position he found himself in at Barca at that moment.

I remember it said the club were actively trying to sell him since 2011, when Pep was still here. He wasn't perceived as the future by this board, they probably thought Cesc would be that. In the end, it was a good transfer for club and player. That's why I don't understand why many still hold a grudge against him.

To be a traitor, a player has to go to rm, in my opinion. That's disrespectful and insulting. Otherwise, I don't really care. As Galning said, bar Messi, all players are replaceable.

I'd say iniesta is pretty irreplaceable as well, there are many midfielders that are more productive than him on a season long basis but I would have him in a final over anyone else.

jamrock

It's all tito's fault, its that simple, we shouldne speak ill of the dead, but it's his playing policy that allowed the most talented player to come out of LA masia recently to leave the club with such ease.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans