Thiago Translantara

serghei

What's the difference to thiago? lol. What the press say doesn't matter now? They hail samper as xavi's heir too. Double standards much?

Thiago had around 70 appearences for Barca by the age of 22. When Samper has that I will take it as a sign from the club that he is indeed counted on.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If I had been the President at that time then I wouldn't have let Thiago go. Would have convinced him to stay :coffee:

Galning

If I had been the President at that time then I wouldn't have let Thiago go. Would have convinced him to stay :coffee:

No way, you would've kept him out of the team even when we already won the title, then you would've sold him for 25M. After that you'd claim that it's amazing business selling a benchwarmer for that amount of money while handing it over to Neymar's dad. Only to blame Thiago for being a traitor a couple of season later. Don't try to hide it mate :coffee:

DonAK

No way, you would've kept him out of the team even when we already won the title, then you would've sold him for 25M. After that you'd claim that it's amazing business selling a benchwarmer for that amount of money while handing it over to Neymar's dad. Only to blame Thiago for being a traitor a couple of season later. Don't try to hide it mate :coffee:

You've mistaken me for someone else :rosell:

I have a special relationship with the players. They trust me :laporta:

JamDav1982

Thiago had around 50 appearences for Barca by the age of 22. When Samper has that I will take it as a sign from the club that he is indeed counted on.

If Barta had been promised first team football at a top club last season and left would he be a traitor? Would Sergi Roberto if he left last summer?

Loyalty wont stop players making decisions that are not best for their careers and thiago showed loyalty by staying when he could have left earlier anyway.

F

Flavia

Thiago had around 70 appearences for Barca by the age of 22. When Samper has that I will take it as a sign from the club that he is indeed counted on.

Coaches changed, players were bought. This changed everything. Thiago was counted on by Pep, but not by Tito. But that doesn't matter, right?

JamDav1982

Neymar signed before Thiago sold.

Playing Thiago in meaningless games at end of season may have allowed for a bit of a bigger fee but unlikely to make Thiago want to stay anyway.

JamDav1982

Thiago showed loyalty? Good one mate

He did a number of times by refusing moves away previously.

Banging on about loyalty is hypocrytical anyway. Loads of Barcelona players signed have had to leave clubs that have done a lot for them as it is best for their career.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
We don't even miss thiago though, so I don't get all the "if only we did this and that" type of comments. It all worked out in the end. if we need a replacement for iniesta we can find another player.

DonAK

Loyalty is a strange topic, really.

As @Flavia said, JDS stayed longer than he arguably should have for his career. Was he loyal? He was according to the different definitions here, but the fanbase still didn't particularly like him being there. Why shun a loyal player like that? If loyalty is a vital factor.....

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Coaches changed, players were bought. This changed everything. Thiago was counted on by Pep, but not by Tito. But that doesn't matter, right?

Actually thiago got plenty of chances under Tito, he didn't show much of his talents.

JamDav1982

Tito played Thiago a fair bit that season though.

Pep played him more the season before as he played 3-4-3 for large parts of the season so easier to fit him in. But later in season when Pep reverted more to 4-3-3 Thiago got less minutes.

Pep was the one who created the issue of too many CMs then left.

Home of Barca Fans