Thiago Translantara

serghei

Insisting as Lucho told Roberto he wanted him to stay.

Yet you would have been happy to see him go regardless as you didnt rate him.

I saw it in Sergi.

Happy to see him go. Not the best choice of words. I was mostly indifferent to the Roberto situation. Good for you if you saw it in Sergi. I saw it in Bravo. Everyone has players on which they gamble on, and players who they don't rate as highly. Normal.

JamDav1982

At least that way his reasons would have been legitimate! Moving to a club where he would have been sure-shot starter with world cup around the block, solidifying his chances to start for the defending champions!

But he moved to the club that absolutely destroyed his parent club, where he was not yet a starter... thereby making his move a glory-hunting one coz if you are not a starter in the said annihilated club, there's a slim chance that you would start at the one that annihilated yours in the first place!!

There you go! Glory hunter!!

Haha just about worst logic ever.

I like it.

JamDav1982

Happy to see him go. Not the best choice of words. I was mostly indifferent to the Roberto situation. Good for you if you saw it in Sergi. I saw it in Bravo. Everyone has players on which they gamble on, and players who they don't rate as highly. Normal.

Irrelevant that I backed Roberto or you backed Bravo.

Roberto was wanted by Lucho and Lucho told him so it is not accurate to say he is not a traitor as 'not good enough'.

serghei

Anyway, Thiago wasn't very interested in the idea that he must earn his place in the team by performing great with limited minutes. He thought he was better than he really was and went to Bayern because Pep promised him a central role inside the team most likely. Without Pep, the Bayern move wouldn't have happened. I blame Pep a lot also, btw.

Last edited:

serghei

[MENTION=15262]serghei[/MENTION]

Is Alexis a traitor too? He asked to leave when he could have stayed and fought it out for a place.

It is my opinion that Barcelona wanted to sell Alexis. Normal, they had Messi, Neymar, Suarez. Alexis movin on was logical and expected.

JamDav1982

Anyway, Thiago wasn't very interested in the idea that he must earn his place in the team by performing great with limited minutes. He thought he was better than he really was and went to Bayern because Pep promised him a central role inside the team most likely. Without Pep, the Bayern move wouldn't have happened. I blame Pep a lot also, btw.

You are just twisting it again.

Of course he was 'interested' in winning his place at Barca and hence why he had stayed in past when offers. But players dont continue to think that for eternity.

Far from thinking he was too good he might have just realised no time soon was he getting ahead of the players at club and saw an easier midfield to get into at Bayern with Peps style.

You act like Thiago is an arrogant, self obsessed traitor who is 'not as good as he thinks he is' one minute then next say you love him as a player and hope he succeeds at Bayern.

Strange, strange way of thinking and doesnt make much sense.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Haha just about worst logic ever.

I like it.
why worst logic again?

You moved to the latest Treble winners claiming that you need more playing time to represent your country... When you are not yet a fcuking starter for the said inferior team! Glory hunting move!!

And then it's not a very wise move either considering that the said parent club have high chances to bounce back because they themselves have arguably the best player in the history playing for them, have not been historically much inferior to the club you are planning to move and have not-so-young players playing in your position!!

serghei

You act like Thiago is an arrogant, self obsessed traitor who is 'not as good as he thinks he is' one minute then next say you love him as a player and hope he succeeds at Bayern.

Strange, strange way of thinking and doesnt make much sense.

Of course it makes sense. He can be a very good player, and he can still be worse than Iniesta, Busquets, Xavi, and Fabregas. 'Not as good as he thinks he is'. That's true, if Thiago thought he was good enough to start in front of said midfielders imo, and he wasn't. Which isn't to say he wasn't a good player on his own merit.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

why worst logic again?

You moved to the latest Treble winners claiming that you need more playing time to represent your country... When you are not yet a fcuking starter for the said inferior team! Glory hunting move!!

And then it's not a very wise move either considering that the said parent club have high chances to bounce back because they themselves have arguably the best player in the history playing forthem, have not been historically much inferior to the club you are planning to move and have not-so-young players playing in your position!!

Doesnt make sense as he was always going to be a starter as the one who knew Peps style inside out.

You cant have it both ways that he was a glory hunter who moved to the obvious favourites but actually left a club in a better position....

Terrible, terrible logic.

JamDav1982

Of course it makes sense. He can be a very good player, and he can still be worse than Iniesta, Busquets, Xavi, and Fabregas. 'Not as good as he thinks he is'. That's true, if Thiago thought he was good enough to start in front of said midfielders imo, and he wasn't. Which isn't to say he wasn't a good player on his own merit.

So you expect him to stay when not got any real prospects of becoming a starter any time soon?

You are admitting he was behind four players and not good enough to change it. In that scenario his move to Bayern makes complete sense.

Basically you wanted him to stay as a sub. Was never going to happen.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Doesnt make sense as he was always going to be a starter as the one who knew Peps style inside out.

You cant have it both ways that he was a glory hunter who moved to the obvious favourites but actually left a club in a better position....

Terrible, terrible logic.

Why Glory Hunting?:
We were not in a better position then! Bayern won the treble, by beating us, in a spectacular fashion at that!! Bayern were indeed a better team than us, by far

Why Foolish Move?:
He was promised playing time by a manager who jumped at the chance of signing Fabregas, the very guy who ate away your playing time in the first place! And that, at a club who just signed a youth icon of the country, Goetze! Just like how Fabregas was bought at Barcelona!!

Thiago's move was glory hunting by all means!

I want to see what moves Thiago would make when Pep eventually leaves Bayern... And looks like it is not very far off either! And I don't think Germans would continue the philosophy when the philosopher leaves!!

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Why Glory Hunting?:
We were not in a better position then! Bayern won the treble, by beating us, in a spectacular fashion at that!! Bayern were indeed a better team than us, by far

Why Foolish Move?:
He was promised playing time by a manager who jumped at the chance of signing Fabregas, the very guy who ate away your playing time in the first place! And that, at a club who just signed a youth icon of the country, Goetze! Just like how Fabregas was bought at Barcelona!!

Not glory hunting at all just moving to the best team in europe where he was promised a central role that he was a long way off getting at Barca.

You expect him to choose to Man Utd instead just so not to be seen as a 'glory hunter'?

Players will generally move to the best clubs they can that will offer them the playing time and money.

Garrus

Why Glory Hunting?:

Why Foolish Move?:

I want to see what moves Thiago would make when Pep eventually leaves Bayern... And looks like it is not very far off either! And I don't think Germans would continue the philosophy when the philosopher leaves!!
The glory hunter part sure explains why he chose to represent Spain (Were at the top of the world at the time), Meanwhile his brother chose brazil :worthy:

KingLeo10

lol it appears the only way this discussion is going to be concretely put to bed is if thiago registers here and explains himself.

serghei

So you expect him to stay when not got any real prospects of becoming a starter any time soon?

You are admitting he was behind four players and not good enough to change it. In that scenario his move to Bayern makes complete sense.

Basically you wanted him to stay as a sub. Was never going to happen.

No. I wanted him to stay and fight for his place in the team. Xavi was close to the end of his career as a Barca player, so it was him and Cesc, and Cesc didn't perform amazingly or anything. He could have became a great midfielder at Barca had he not taken the easy way out.

Home of Barca Fans