Thiago Translantara

Yannik

The glory hunter part sure explains why he chose to represent Spain (Were at the top of the world at the time), Meanwhile his brother chose brazil :worthy:

2 things.
a) Thiago went with Spains U16 already in 2007, at that point Spains biggest success was an EC in 1964.
b)
"Meanwhile his brother chose brazil :worthy:"
you're assuming a bigger sense of patriotism due to the fact that Rafinha chose his ancestral line. But truth is, thats saying pretty much nothing. Every German-turk in germany chooses germany over turkey, unless they know that they cant get into the team because its too good.
Thiago knew he was good enough for spains midfield, so he took them. Rafinha knew he wasnt good enough, so he took brazil, because thats better than nothing.
Thats just what EVERY footballer does. Doesnt make either of them a greater human being than the other one (let alone a bigger "patriot" or "glory hunter"), thats just a plain superficial assumption that you'd normally read about in something like an article from The Sun..

Last edited:

bastardo

Holy shit, are people still hung up over his move to Bayern? For someone who gets dismissed as as not good enough for Barca, a lot of people here seems to be pissed off a him at leaving.

Neville

For me he definitely was good enough at the time and still is now. We can always try to bring him back when Pep leaves, but it would cost a ton and nobody knows if he wants to come back.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
So after all this talk about Figo, Thiago, traitors and stuff.... I had been thinking.

Did Figo's move really fetch him so much better, apart from the tarnish on his reputation of course!? His stay at Real earned him as much silverware as did that at Barcelona, except that he won the CL of course.

Yeah Real surely did much better than us when he was there, but that was because of whole lot of different reasons.... Had Figo stayed, wouldn't it have helped at all?

But I guess it only turned out well for us coz I am pretty sure we would have lost out on Ronnie if Figo was still here and the history would have been so different!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Figo was probably Madrid's best player for periods of time. Thiago is noone compared to Figo in moment he left us.

But as you said, things turned out well for us eventually.

Yannik

2015%2f12%2fThiagoSKy.jpg

hes honestly twice the player Pogba is imo
better in practically everything, except occasionally scoring long ranged volley-screamers.

Last edited:
He was his usual meh today after being subbed on against Ingolstadt. Invisible.

It was his first start after the injury in match for Spain. And during his time on the pitch we went from 0:0 to 2:0. With Alonso, him and Müller in the center (Kimmich then played left back, Rafinha right back and Lahm left winger) after the 60s minute and it somehow always functions and we get the goals.

Alonso-Vidal-Müller functions, too. Alonso - Vidal - Thiago until now did not look very good.

Home of Barca Fans