Thiago Translantara

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Because he's had such injury history Bayern will probably let him go if they get a half decent offer - 35-40M and he's gone.

Yannik

Because he's had such injury history Bayern will probably let him go if they get a half decent offer - 35-40M and he's gone.

you mean offload the injury prone player like they did with Robben, Ribery, Martinez, Badstuber etc?

BBZ8800

On Bayern's forum and in some media, it is specualted that Thiago could follow Pep to City:
Kicker: Thiago (favorite player of Pep) could follow Guardiola to Man City. Pep's brother Pere advised Thiago.

Some fans love him, some don't mind him leaving because of a inconsistency, and a lot of injuries:
http://www.bayernzone.com/players/3429-6-thiago-alcantara-105.html

Some comments remind me of Neymar's problem in our team:
"I don't rate a player on 5 or 10 games or on 4 or 5 goals.

Sorry.

I watch overrall. That's all.

I said Bernat is shit for my first day here. I wasn't wrong when some "bunch" (like you like to say) said he can be a future starter when Alaba will be CM.

I say Thiago doesn't progress, he can be outstanding for 1 or 2 months, for 4 or 6 games ... and be average all the rest of the season.

We need a player with regular performances at Bayern.

Maybe a year under Ancelotti could help him. I can just say this ... nothing else to "help" Thiago.

But I'm pretty sure I'm right .. we'll see in one or two years ok ?

Maybe his 7 great game and his 25 averages or bad game will piss you off too. "

"I would turn this logic upside down - all people need from thiago is one bicycle kick goal or a flashy assist, and they immediately jizz their pants, forgetting all the mediocre games he's had.

let's face it, as a whole, thiago failed to live up to the expectations/hype. mainly due to constant injuries but also due to inconsistent performances. this is his first proper season with us and look at his output - mediocre at best. yes, he shows flashes of brilliance, but those are few and far between. I don't care is he plays like a prime iniesta in 5 matches a season, if he's invisible in the other ~20 that he manages to appear in (if he's healthy that is). I would much rather see him put in good performances week after week, than great ones once every two months. unfortunately, this is not the case. inconsistency is his bane, alongside his fragile knees.

he can leave is he wants to, I won't lose any sleep over it. especially with vidal showing what's he's capable of."

Last edited:

DrPepper

Dude didn't even get a single minute in a match where Bayern were chasing a result and only made 1 substitution despite allegedly being their most creative player :lol: Best 25 M we've ever got.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He didn't make Bayern better. Veteran Xabi turned out to be a better signing for them.

Having said that, he would make City better. Their midfield is overrated and class below Bayern's.

He did sign an extension a year ago though so I don't see him moving even after pep.

BarçaBarça

Dude didn't even get a single minute in a match where Bayern were chasing a result and only made 1 substitution despite allegedly being their most creative player :lol: Best 25 M we've ever got.

Still worth a lot more than 25 M. when we sold him..

I think he will stay at Bayern - he extended before he knew if Pep would stay (probably knew he would leave).
Bayern wouldn't extend with him if they did not want him there - and only if that happen, he can leave.
Or maybe if Ancellotti insists that he has to be sold, but that would be odd.

Yannik

Thiago is at the point of insulting when someone asks him if he joins City, so don'T think that's gonna happen.

Stric

Funny thing is, if he hadn't been in Barca previously, we would be throwing money at him and Bayern now.

Trickykid

Funny thing is, if he hadn't been in Barca previously, we would be throwing money at him and Bayern now.

Nah. We've barely been linked with any midfielders of late, let alone any of his type. I also don't get the If he hadn't been at Barça before argument. I mean, it hasn't exactly deterred us from chasing players before, has it?

Stric

Nah. We've barely been linked with any midfielders of late, let alone any of his type. I also don't get the If he hadn't been at Barça before argument. I mean, it hasn't exactly deterred us from chasing players before, has it?

We never did that with a player who recently left. Buying back players like Cesc or Pique who left as kids years later isn't the same as it would be buying Thiago who left as a senior player, only three years ago.

What I'm trying to say is that the reason we're not expressing interest in him is because it would be pointless (and embarrassing) to chase a player who we sold recently. If he hadn't been here, he'd be exactly what we're looking for, even with the injury problems etc. (We're not exactly known for not buying players because of injury problems).

Trickykid

We never did that with a player who recently left. Buying back players like Cesc or Pique who left as kids years later isn't the same as it would be buying Thiago who left as a senior player, only three years ago.

What I'm trying to say is that the reason we're not expressing interest in him is because it would be pointless (and embarrassing) to chase a player who we sold recently. If he hadn't been here, he'd be exactly what we're looking for, even with the injury problems etc. (We're not exactly known for not buying players because of injury problems).

Thing is, if we were looking for players in his mold, I'm sure we'd be chasing Gündogan or other available midfielders. And those rumors died down long, long ago.

Jombi

Totally agree. Its only lack of money and our inept transfer policy being exposed if we did it, that is preventing us. Also he is still abit too young. We were linked to Pjanic recently so who knows, we might try to go for Thiago instead, just like we did with Thiago Silva just after being bought by PSG to really expose how clueless we are in the market.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans