Thiago Translantara

khaled_a_d

I support the club in the case of Thiago. You have a player who is getting minutes (he was by far the youngster with the most minutes in the team in his last season), but wants more and he tries to pressure the club to get more playing time. In 2012-13 he had 27 appearences in La Liga alone. So, he ACTUALLY DID PLAY in that season in La Liga. It's not like he played 6-7 games. He featured, more or less, in about 70% of the games. What the hell did he expect? To be an outright starter ahead of payers who were much better than him?

He thought he's going to Bayern to be their star midfielder, but he ended up playing 50 games in his 3 seasons there in Bundesliga. Around 17 games a season, less than half as a starter. He stagnated, isn't even a regular with the NT (which, IIRC, was one of the main reasons he left to Bayern - to get in Spain's team for the World Cup), and if Bayern sells him it's only because they think he is not good enough. And if he's not good enough for them, he sure as hell ain't good enough for Barca.

And about him comming back, it's not even a question of grudge against him. He's just not good enough to play in our team more than he did when he left, and he doesn't fit our needs in midfield at the moment.

You keep pointing out he isn't playing in Bayern and you forget he had major injuries there.Injuries has ruined his career not Bayern. He started most of the games he was healthy not the opposite.
And it isn't just about games participated in 12/13,he started less than 1/3 of the games and even those he was subbed a lot. The club put a clause in his contract and they should have expected that
Thiago was more than loyal turning 2 bigger offer when he was 16 and 19 but he decided to stay,but even loyalty has its limit. Tito was never his biggest fan and there was strong rumors that the club wanted him out to give Neymar his jersey without being accusing of disrespect.

Last edited:

serghei

You keep pointing out he isn't playing in Bayern and you forget he had major injuries there.Injuries has ruined his career not Bayern. He started most of the games he was healthy not the opposite.
And it isn't just about games participated,he started less than 1/3 of the games and even those he was subbed a lot. The club put a clause in his contract and they should have expected that
Thiago was more than loyal turning 2 bigger offer when he was 16 and 19 but he decided to stay,but even loyalty has its limit. Tito was never his biggest fan and there was strong rumors that the club wanted him out to give Neymar his jersey without being accusing of disrespect.

There are rumors about everything. There were also rumors about the club wanting him to stay. I don't believe the part with the jersey, sounds stupid to me. You don't sell a player to take his number on the back of his shirt. But anyway, this talk has been done before. There are stories and stories, you have your opinion and I have mine, so let's leave it at that.

About his time at Bayern. So far it's a failure. Yea, probably injuries have had a big impact, but there is also some overestimation of his talent and how much "undeniable" that talent really was. He was still in the process of learning when he left, and Barcelona was the best place for him to do that learning part, surrounded by Iniesta, Busquets, Messi, and others. He just wasted 3 years of his career, and he might as well have wasted all of it, depending on how things develop (Bayern signing Sanches is not in his favour, and Pep has moved to England, a league that might not be the best idea for his knees). The realilty, outside subjective arguments, is that he was a 21 years old player with a great future at Barca, and he's now a 25 years old midfielder who will probably be a squad player at Bayern.

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
And it isn't just about games participated in 12/13,he started less than 1/3 of the games and even those he was subbed a lot. The club put a clause in his contract and they should have expected that
I see more of looking at it in a "What's in it for me!?" way than loyalty.... When he was 16 and 19, Barca were the best club in the world and giving chances to the Cantera products left, right & center. I would not deny the fact that the club also did that out of necessity sometimes (and sometimes because they actually saw he potential) not because they had some kind of parenting love for the youngsters.

But I would still say he only thought "What's in it for me!?" looking at how he ran to daddy, read Pep, despite the fact that his actual mentors like Xavi & Iniesta suggested him to stay!

Yannik

But I would still say he only thought "What's in it for me!?" looking at how he ran to daddy, read Pep, despite the fact that his actual mentors like Xavi & Iniesta suggested him to stay!

Xavi and Iniesta weren't exactly the most unbiased sources to ask the "should I stay or should I go" question there.
However, Thiago is neither very loyal, nor very selfish, he's just a plain normal footballer who puts his own Career first, then the rest. So pretty much like 99% of Footballers who are not Totti or Zanetti.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Praising Thiago's choices is shitting in Roberto's face. And I don't fucking care what he did for himself. I care about Barca interest as all of us here should.

khaled_a_d

He didn't ran to Pep,he had a deal with Manu and Pep hijacked it.
And plenty of youngsters has left when we were the best club in the world who were giving Canteras big opportunities.
Icardi,Bellerin,Keita Balde all left in 2011 alone,same year Thiago renewed with us. I would argue that since Rosell board took over leaving has been wiser decision for young players career.

serghei

Xavi and Iniesta weren't exactly the most unbiased sources to ask the "should I stay or should I go" question there.
However, Thiago is neither very loyal, nor very selfish, he's just a plain normal footballer who puts his own Career first, then the rest. So pretty much like 99% of Footballers who are not Totti or Zanetti.

Players who have spent 20 or 25 years at a single club could and should speak about attachment to a club. Xavi, Puyol, Iniesta are for Barca what Totti is for Roma, and Zanetti is for Inter. There is no difference outside of the fact that it is harder to retire from Barca, than either Inter or Roma.

Last edited:

jamrock

I remember reading a article, that said in is last season he played less than 20 minutes in most of his appearances the season he left Tito have him nothing much garbage minutes.

2) before his injuries everyone at Bayern loved him and was in awe of his talent, the only thing that had slowrd in progress is injuries that's it. So to say he is a failure is just a big lol. Every time he has played he has a good to great game, after building up a run of games.

He is the perfect midfielder for us to have built around for the future, but Tito messed that up. If he gets 2 seasons on injury free games, we should pay the money go bring him back,because he is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than this gomes guy.

Yannik

Players who have spent 20 or 25 years at a single club could and should speak about attachment to a club. Xavi, Puyol, Iniesta are for Barca what Totti is for Roma, and Zanetti is for Inter. There is no difference outside of the fact that it is harder to retire from Barca, than either Inter or Roma.

not quite sure what point you are making there..

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I mean that Totti and Zanetti are not much different than Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Kahn, Casillas, Giggs, Scholes and other players who have spent almost all their career at a single club.

I think [MENTION=19371]Yannik[/MENTION] was asking why you were stating the obvious.... I mean what he says is true, Xavi and Iniesta weren't exactly the most unbiased sources to ask the "should I stay or should I go" question there, because they would never have spoken against the club and would only have advised him to stay put even if it would have not been the best move for his career

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I mean that Totti and Zanetti are not much different than Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Kahn, Casillas, Giggs, Scholes and other players who have spent almost all their career at a single club.

Look at this way,as a player Puyol told Bartra to wait and stay,as an agent he got him out after few months.
Sure different situations in both cases,but do you think if Puyol was still a player he would have told him to leave? He will always tell his teammates to stay.

Raketa10

We should really try to sign him back. He was destined to be next Xavi and we lost him.
Now we have Andre Gomes - The Slow One, on the other hand Thiago with true Barca DNA is playing for Bayern!!! :shakeshead:

Home of Barca Fans