Thiago Translantara

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
[tw]756204726664826881[/tw]
Already afraid Carlo's gonna rot daddy's boy on the bench much!? Love to see how his career unravels.... Ran over to the CL winners only to see the parent club fight its way back to glory and now the Daddy left him too!

oneirophobos

Rme, some childish people in this thread need a mug of hot cocoa and a teddy bear to calm down since they clearly still butthurt over Thiago's move. This might be a complete shocker but talented Barça players don't owe sacrificing their potential or entire career being benched like it's the highest honour in return for anonymous and frankly meaningless fan approval. Thiago's development was stalling here, now that he's made a name for himself elsewhere fans are acting like a bitter ex-partner who didn't expect the other person to walk out cannot deal with seeing them prosper without them. :rolleyes:

Interlop

His development is also stalling at Bayern. He played more in two seasons at Barca than 3 at Bayern. So it's not like he went there and rocked the world and we're bitter because of that.

BBZ8800

I wouldnt mind to have him back. Alcantara bros in midfield :D only thing is if its anything over 40-50 mill you can forget it. Sell Turan to help finance it.

One brother is not good enough to be Barca's starter and the other one is injury prone and left our club and now he wants to come back.
Plus, it is still questionable how good he actually is.

This sounds like a really promising combo.

Plus, he is already 25.
Again, that age is already considered as the prime age of most footballers and where majority of footballers are already on their peak or close to their peak.

If this is Thiago's peak, we will survive without him.
There are lots of similar players out there of the similar quality and with a higher devotion for our team.

Last edited:

serghei

I think 25m. was a good price for an injury prone player who was rather underwhelming. Style over substance with this one. It would be an insult to Roberto and Rafinha to bring this guy back, as well as to all the youg players who wait for their chance instead of pressuring the club for unwarranted playing time.

He played his card and he failed. Is he a better player than he was 3 seasons ago? Maybe, slightly, even though I doubt it. Moral to this story? You don't leave FC Barcelona in it's brightest period in history to sign for Bayern. That is dumb thinking.

If he had stayed at Barca he could have been a world class player by now. But you can't keep a player by force.

Already afraid Carlo's gonna rot daddy's boy on the bench much!? Love to see how his career unravels.... Ran over to the CL winners only to see the parent club fight its way back to glory and now the Daddy left him too!

That's how it looks to be honest.

Last edited:

oneirophobos

His development is also stalling at Bayern. He played more in two seasons at Barca than 3 at Bayern. So it's not like he went there and rocked the world and we're bitter because of that.

True but didn't have those 2 (or was it 3?) huge injuries with us. He was basically out for a year just with one of them, that affects the statistics a great deal. Anyway, he's more important for Bayern than he was for us, looking at our packed midfield and now that his Vermaelen luck showed, selling him was a blessing and at the right time. Mazinho is a father who wants to see his 3 athlete kids stay together in Barcelona, I don't believe Thiago himself has second thoughts about it though.

khaled_a_d

I think 25m. was a good price for an injury prone player who was rather underwhelming.

Hindsight is gr8 thing,but no body was considering him injury prone back then and he was one of the world top talents.if there was no release clause we could have easily got 10M more for him.So I would still say no it isn't good price for him b/c we should have got more.

It would be an insult to Roberto and Rafinha to bring this guy back

Out of the 7 billion people on the planet,Rafinha will be the last one to think it is an insult to him :lol:

He played his card and he failed. Is he a better player than he was 3 seasons ago? Maybe, slightly, even though I doubt it. Moral to this story? You don't leave FC Barcelona in it's brightest period in history to sign for Bayern. That is dumb thinking.

If he had stayed at Barca he could have been a world class player by now. But you can't keep a player by force.

Morale of the story is that if you get injured your development will stagnate.Had he stayed in Barca and suffered same injuries he wasn't going to be better

Thiago choose the best for himself when the club didn't even try to hold on him and may be even showed the door.And he was actually class act and asked Bayern to have a good settlement with Barca than his buyout (though we were gonna get that anyway so they avoid taxes).There should be no hard feeling for both side and if one days it happens that we can get him and his ideal for us I won't go against it.but that isn't the situation right now with stacked midfield .

serghei

Thiago choose the best for himself when the club didn't even try to hold on him and may be even showed the door.And he was actually class act and asked Bayern to have a good settlement with Barca than his buyout (though we were gonna get that anyway so they avoid taxes).There should be no hard feeling for both side and if one days it happens that we can get him and his ideal for us I won't go against it.but that isn't the situation right now with stacked midfield .

I support the club in the case of Thiago. You have a player who is getting minutes (he was by far the youngster with the most minutes in the team in his last season), but wants more and he tries to pressure the club to get more playing time. In 2012-13 he had 27 appearences in La Liga alone. So, he ACTUALLY DID PLAY in that season in La Liga. It's not like he played 6-7 games. He featured, more or less, in about 70% of the games. What the hell did he expect? To be an outright starter ahead of payers who were much better than him?

He thought he's going to Bayern to be their star midfielder, but he ended up playing 50 games in his 3 seasons there in Bundesliga. Around 17 games a season, less than half as a starter. He stagnated, isn't even a regular with the NT (which, IIRC, was one of the main reasons he left to Bayern - to get in Spain's team for the World Cup), and if Bayern sells him it's only because they think he is not good enough. And if he's not good enough for them, he sure as hell ain't good enough for Barca.

And about him comming back, it's not even a question of grudge against him. He's just not good enough to play in our team more than he did when he left, and he doesn't fit our needs in midfield at the moment.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans