Thiago Translantara

Nucky

I would prefer if Thiago was still here but it's easy to be a general after the war. Cesc was our lost boy who returned home and I admit I was very happy when he joined us even though Thiago left probably because of that. There is no use in looking back. What is done is done. Thats life, sometimes you gain, sometimes you lose. For example before Ronaldinho joined Barca our president promised he will sign Beckham. Real Madrid later signed Beckham and we got Ronaldinho. I guess there is no need to explain what we gained in signing Ronnie. A lot more that we would gain if Beckham came to Barca. In Ronnie's case we gained, in Thiago's case we lost. Who knows, maybe some day Thiago will return ;)

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Easy there tiger..... Let us not go ahead and start bad-mouthing people who cannot defend them themselves any more. If there is any one to be blamed for that fiasco, it is Pep and Thiago himself more than any body else

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Easy there tiger..... Let us not go ahead and start bad-mouthing people who cannot defend them themselves any more. If there is any one to be blamed for that fiasco, it is Pep and Thiago himself more than any body else

Uhm...yeah, let's blame the guy whose Sporting Director told him he could leave, who put him on the market and whose former coach signed him when he was available to be sold. :thinking:

I get that some people aren't the biggest fans of Pep and Thiago, but really? Did Thiago and Pep commit such a grave sin when THE CLUB WANTED TO SELL the latter?

Before someone points out the Roberto example, then Sergi admitted he was on his way out until Lucho talked with him and also started using in the RB role which made him stay, as he got more minutes.

That's what Thiago wanted, and I bet he would have stayed had he gotten a share of the minutes which we gave to a an out of form Cesc and a Xavi on painkillers.

Yes, there was no point in insisting on trying to fit in Cesc whichever way possible, and play Xavi who needed injections at times to play as his chronic tendonitis was bothering him so much.

That said, even if Thiago left, its poor planning that we haven't signed a single pure CM ever since Xavi left too. We seem hell bent on signing AMs only.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

Before someone points out the Roberto example, then Sergi admitted he was on his way out until Lucho talked with him and also started using in the RB role which made him stay, as he got more minutes.

DM,Lucho started playing him DM and using him more in January 2015 when he blocked his move to PL and told him in May that he will try him as RB as he thinks he can excel there.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
DM,Lucho started playing him DM and using him more in January 2015 when he blocked his move to PL and told him in May that he will try him as RB as he thinks he can excel there.

You're right. It was DM first.

Had that not happened, Roberto would have left eventually too.

God Serena

Yeah, I don't see any point in blaming Thiago for leaving a shitty situation. We had the league practically wrapped up by November (We were THAT far ahead of RM somehow lol) but still went out of our way to crush any and everyone who came across us (Except Sociedad away) in favor of giving him any minutes.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
does anyone have a gfy of Thiago confusing Santa Claus for a teammate :lol:

Thiagoa.gif

Home of Barca Fans