Thiago Translantara

Yannik

You guys are overreacting. He's playing OK, but nothing extraordinary so far.

He had a fantastic first half, but as soon as Bayern went down to 10, noone played anymore besides Neuer.
Not the big game I hoped he'd have, but there were definitely worse players on the pitch today.

serghei

He had a fantastic first half, but as soon as Bayern went down to 10, noone played anymore besides Neuer.
Not the big game I hoped he'd have, but there were definitely worse players on the pitch today.

I thought he had an okay game. His ball control is great, but he was more style than substance for me. Expected more overall from Bayern and from him as well. Madrid bossed the game and owned the midfield battle even until the sending off.

It's a bad match-up issue for Bayern to face this Madrid. Madrid matches Bayern in terms of phisicality and surpasses it by quite some distance in terms of technique and quality on the ball.

Yannik

I thought he had an okay game. His ball control is great, but he was more style than substance for me. Expected more overall from Bayern and from him as well. Madrid bossed the game and owned the midfield battle even until the sending off.

in the 2nd half yes, in the first half Bayern was the slightly better team apart from allowing 2 counter attacks.

serghei

in the 2nd half yes, in the first half Bayern was the slightly better team apart from allowing 2 counter attacks.

Hmm, I think the 1st half was even with maybe an edge for Madrid still. Could have went in front on that Benzema header off the crossbar and Ronaldo had a very good shot, which was similar to the one Stegen let in on the 2nd goal vs Juventus.

Yannik

Hmm, I think the 1st half was even with maybe an edge for Madrid still. Could have went in front on that Benzema header off the crossbar and Ronaldo had a very good shot, which was similar to the one Stegen let in on the 2nd goal vs Juventus.

It proves that Madrid was still in the game and had the chances, but Bayern had a bit more until that point. It got even with arguably slight Madrid advantages at the break, and it turned into a bloody one-sided mess after the red card. Bayern had their momentum in the game, with Thiago being key in that, but they didn't use it. Müller couldn't deal with sharp balls and Ribery turned 1 or 2 times to often (got a pen, but he could've also just try to score right away)

Last edited:

serghei

Vidal was worse. I though subbing Alonso was a mistake. He was very good.

It proves that Madrid was still in the game and had the chances, but Bayern had a bit more until that point. It got even with arguably slight Madrid advantages at the break, and it turned into a bloody one-sided mess after the red card.

I agree the red card made it very one sided, but even since the start of the 2nd half Madrid was cutting through your defence very easy from the flanks in. Madrid started to dominate right from the start of the 2nd half.

Last edited:

Yannik

Vidal was worse. I though subbing Alonso was a mistake. He was very good.

I agree the red card made it very one sided, but even since the start of the 2nd half Madrid was cutting through your defence very easy from the flanks in. Madrid started to dominate right from the start of the 2nd half.

Yeah I agree with that, the 15-20mins (?) between 2nd half and red card already had some dangerous counter attacks, but Bayern was still in it at that point. The more further the 2nd half went, the more one-sided the game became. In the end Bayern didn't even have possession anymore.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He did have a great 1st half. Assist to Vidal, won plenty of duels and interceptions, great passing. Bayern had maybe 10 minutes of momentum in the 2nd half total, if that. There was nothing Thiago could do when they were down a man and pinned back completely with none of the forwards pressing. Trying to chase around 3-4 RM players passing amongst each other unmarked would've been futile, only Vidal out of all the Bayern players just kept running (admirable, though he could've just killed the game earlier if he'd finished either the penalty, the 2nd header, or both).

utility73

He had an excellent first half.
In second the whole Bayern team somehow looked tired and demotivated even before the expulsion of Martinez.

Home of Barca Fans