Thiago Translantara

Jadentheman

If Thiago leaves, I wouldn't see it wrong to build the team around Cesc and allow him to play long balls for the counterattack like he did for Arsenal. With Neymar in the team and even Alexis , counter attacking football would be interesting . This should be against tougher teams like madrid and Bayer. All the times we lost to madrid last season was b.c we should have been the ones defending instead of attacking the other team leaving spaces behind. ( with our defense, and our lack of talent upfront, Villanova should have known better).
The guy is not a coach . Who an i kiddin.

Messi does better in counterattacks too. Neymar should help lead from midfield, not Cesc

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Didn't red cafe go into madness 2 years ago when they thought Thiago was going to sign with them only renew with Barça.

I saw how members quickly switched from Thiago worship to calling him s..t etc.

United supporters on another board I go to were calling him all kinds names when he tweeted that he loved Barcelona the other day.

Centrocampista23

basically, in this day and age (cause of twitter), it's impossible to have a "clean" transfer unless you make sure it's over soon. any hint of a "saga" about it and tabloids/twitter are all over that, making sure they milk it dry

imagine how PSG fans must feel right now reading Thiago Silva quotes all the time about how great Barca is and how he'd be honoured to play for them

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
basically, in this day and age (cause of twitter), it's impossible to have a "clean" transfer unless you make sure it's over soon. any hint of a "saga" about it and tabloids/twitter are all over that, making sure they milk it dry

imagine how PSG fans must feel right now reading Thiago Silva quotes all the time about how great Barca is and how he'd be honoured to play for them

Thiago Silva didn't come up through their youth system and been with the club for years. Alcantara has been with the club since 2005.

Alcantara's tweet the other day is going to make it much worse if he leaves now, knowing that he was using a ploy that he loves Barcelona to get United to up their offer. Money does matter in the end to a lot of people, I just never imagined it would have been this kid. What a waste of time it was teaching this kid our football philosophy for him just to leave the first time money was shoved in his face.

I don't wish him any injures or anything like that but if he moves on like this, it's a total slap in the face to the club. I hope he's a bust and @ 7.2M a year, he'll have a lot to live up to right away. The United supporters will turn on him the moment he messes up, just watch.

Centrocampista23

Thiago Silva didn't come up through their youth system and been with the club for years. Alcantara has been with the club since 2005.

Alcantara's tweet the other day is going to make it much worse if he leaves now, knowing that he was using a ploy that he loves Barcelona to get United to up their offer. Money does matter in the end to a lot of people, I just never imagined it would have been this kid. What a waste of time it was teaching this kid our football philosophy for him just to leave the first time money was shoved in his face.

I don't wish him any injures or anything like that but if he moves on like this, it's a total slap in the face to the club. I hope he's a bust and @ 7.2M a year, he'll have a lot to live up to right away. The United supporters will turn on him the moment he messes up, just watch.
ok, look at it from the point of view of an Arsenal fan lamenting the loss of a player they had for 8 years (Cesc) and remember how much Barca's players/execs publicly courted him. and how long the whole thing lasted. they were angrier when that happened than when they lost RVP to a local rival

in other words, it's just the way the world of modern football works and it's no use feeling (too) butthurt about it

Jenks

Question: Why should football players be loyal to clubs, when clubs aren't loyal to football players?

Messi does better in counterattacks too. Neymar should help lead from midfield, not Cesc

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Yeah that too, but I mean that Cesc was always looking for the long ball at Arsenal. Now with Neymar, barcelona could have 2 players capable of actually finishing good counterattacks. Messi and now Neymar . This could deff be a good plan B ( especially if we don't sign a quality defender).

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
ok, look at it from the point of view of an Arsenal fan lamenting the loss of a player they had for 8 years (Cesc) and remember how much Barca's players/execs publicly courted him. and how long the whole thing lasted. they were angrier when that happened than when they lost RVP to a local rival

in other words, it's just the way the world of modern football works and it's no use feeling (too) butthurt about it

True, what goes around comes around. That does make me feel a tad better.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Question: Why should football players be loyal to clubs, when clubs aren't loyal to football players?

What do you mean by clubs aren't loyal (or for that matter, loyal) to players? Giving them as much playing time as they want?

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA

Do we take into account how Wenger offered Cesc a professional working contract @ the age of 16 when Barcelona wasn't allowed to because of Spanish Laws concerning workers under the age of 18? Cesc was never supposed to leave but we couldn't offer him a professional working contract when he was 16. They preyed on a young vulnerable kid.

It's a dirty under-handed club tactic that English clubs love to employ to poach young talent.

Last edited:

Centrocampista23

It's worth remembering that it's impossible for a club to be "loyal" to everyone

the whole reason Thiago is not playing is because the club is "loyal" to Xavi

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA

The club took this kid in 2005 and have been teaching him our football philosophy ever since.

This is how he repays us. Leaves the first moment some money is shoved in his face.

Home of Barca Fans