Thiago Translantara

oz187

The exact wording was:
"The most important thing for Thiago is that he keeps on getting games. I think he'd get them at Barça."

I'm assuming the context was in regards to where Thiago stands with the national team and the world cup. The direct implication of this quote is that staying at Barca won't hurt his chances. In other words leaving to get a better chance with La Roja is no longer a valid reason for leaving. That leaves money and club appearances as the possible reasons.

There's hearsay that Tito plans on giving Xavi significantly less minutes next season. Those minutes would most certainly go to Thiago if he stays.

That's not guaranteed, it's also possible that Cesc would get extra minutes. I would say the key factor in Thiago getting more minutes next season is him staying injury free.

ldb198

You are assuming a lot of things. Just because this coach says this today 1) doesn't mean Thiago heard it before or believes it or 2) that is exactly what the coach said or meant. Thiago was thinking of this for some time so his ORIGINAL reason was probably thinking of his future and the WC next summer but just because this coach (we assume its correct) said this TODAY doesn't change Thiago's original thoughts/motives. Basically- I think he is torn trying to figure out what is best for his future - which is something he and all other players have a right to do. Club loyalty even if club doesn't count on you? So does that mean JDS is a hero since he is content (so it seems) to spend his career on the bench? Thiago has a strong character and lots of talent. It's no surprise someone like him is considering all his options. Also this coach might be trying to help be he doesn't really know how much play time Thiago will get at fcb and he even said Thiago needs time..
That's not guaranteed, it's also possible that Cesc would get extra minutes. I would say the key factor in Thiago getting more minutes next season is him staying injury free.[/QUOTE]

ldb198

oops- sorry in post above of mine hte last sentence was not mine and I didn't mean to copy it - the part about cesc. Anyway- I think the bottom line with Thiago is he doesn't want to leave the team or the city he loves. MU is just a good career move but not good personal or emotional one so he is stalling to see other options.

karthik

I remember Del Bosque stating, had it not been for the edema that Thiago suffered in 2012, he would have been a part of the Euro squad last summer.

Martindn

Wish something official would come out from either side. Still think its possible for it to go on during pre-season, pretty sure van persie still trained with his teammates till august.

PaCmAn

Wish something official would come out from either side. Still think its possible for it to go on during pre-season, pretty sure van persie still trained with his teammates till august.

But only thing in August, his clause will be 90 million.

Keikoku

Cabbage

Is it? I read the Rossel interview and it's said "It's the other way round, if he had played the necessary number of games, the clause would have risen from €18m to €90m." :ninja_hide:

PaCmAn

Is it? I read the Rossel interview and it's said "It's the other way round, if he had played the necessary number of games, the clause would have risen from €18m to €90m." :ninja_hide:

That also, but when It's Aug 1st, it will go back to 90 million.

Martindn

Yep, just meant in case of RVP he went on start of pre season for arsenal at the same time he and arsenal knew he had made the move to us, also at the same time wenger was denying it left right and centre.

Was just an example that a player going to pre season might not impact anything and it could already be arranged that he is staying or leaving just need right time for announcement. Whatever happens i dont think august will mean much will def be sorted before then.

Doubt he'd go to Bayern. I think he'd get better treatment/more minutes under Pep than what he got this season, but staying at Barca would be much better for him in the long term. He'll probably either stay at Barca or go to Man U.

Martindn

By all accounts his deadline is monday, pre season start, so if he turns out like has been said its likely hes staying.

Home of Barca Fans