Thiago Translantara

Meitux

Further, the philosophy of Bayern makes them at least 5:4. They all work in defence, Schweinsteiger and Martinez run the hell out of their lung and for people who don't know anything of football, Ribery and Robben sometimes seem more as RB and LB. Even Mandzukic is very much involved into their pressing.

As great as our players are individually, our team play consists of passing, not of pressing and defending in a collective. Busquets is great but last season he did not managed it well to stay more defensive. Lahm and Alaba were involved in the attacking play just like Alba and Alves here but the difference is that Lahm and Alba are also great in defence.

Xavi, Messi, Iniesta are awesome players, everyone admits that but their pressing is not that good. Messi slowly walks back in the midfield after an attack. Iniesta and Xavi just wait for a ball to come.

Bayern have an massive advantage against us but I'm glad that it is not up to the quality of our players, it is the philosophy to win a game only with passing and ball possession. The pressing must be improved and every player must hold his position, then we can face Bayern with a serious chance to win.
Its not only about how we play which is an important factor but they seem better in every position propably.They have better defense for sure,our midfield is very weak and cant provide defensive cover besides Busquets that is his job..you know the rest

xxxxxx

I doubt Martinez will be happy since he moved to Bayern to play in midfield but the reports are saying Guardiola is going to play him as a center back.

And Muller won't play right wing as well. Gotze may play as a false 9, but I don't see it working for Gotze or Bayern. I have no clue why he would want to start messing his whole team around just to please Thiago.

xxxxxx

Busquets (Song)

Xavi (Cesc) Iniesta (Thiago)

Alexis (Pedro) Messi Neymar (Tello)

They're better than Bayern when coached at motivated the right way.

I would have agreed with you 2 years ago, but that Barcelona team isn't what it used to be.

messid10s

And Muller won't play right wing as well. Gotze may play as a false 9, but I don't see it working for Gotze or Bayern. I have no clue why he would want to start messing his whole team around just to please Thiago.

Muller was playing on the right before Kroos got injured, when he got injured he moved central and Robben played on the right. Alternatively Gotze could play on the right and Muller in the center i suppose we'll find out.

Gaudi

Busquets (Song)

Xavi (Cesc) Iniesta (Thiago)

Alexis (Pedro) Messi Neymar (Tello)

They're better than Bayern when coached at motivated the right way.

Thiago gone is the point of the topic ;)
Everything else..fine, your opinion is valid, but I think you're wrong and, unfortunately you'll realize that next year

Meitux

Muller was playing on the right before Kroos got injured, when he got injured he moved central and Robben played on the right. Alternatively Gotze could play on the right and Muller in the center i suppose we'll find out.
I suppose something like this can happen,as Gotze started as attacking midfielder in Borussia but he moved many times in the wing

L

Learo

Agree with the blame part...but it's also because we have similar players, they are more diversed, speed, agile, strong, stamina, they have all...we have amazing technical talent and passing.
I know it's childish to compare, but let's try:

Neuer - Valdes 1:0
Lahm - Alves 2:0
Boateng - Pique 3:0
Martinez - don't know
Alaba - Alba =

Gustavo - Busi 3:1
Schweini - Xavi call me crazy but it's eqaul as Xavi is droping, Schewini can run and run
Thiago - Iniesta 3:2

Ribery - Neymar = for now
Robben - Pedro 4:2
Goetze - Messi 4:3

And they won't feel injuries that much with Muller, Mandzukic, Dante, Kroos, Badstuber, Shaqiri...on the other hand we miss one player we are patching ourselfs

is this a joke?

Meitux

Pep's plan is clear.He was to make the revolution and play without defense

Ribery- Shaqiri-Gotze-Thiago-Kroos-Schweinsteiger-Martinez-Gustavo -Muller-Robben :pep:
-------------------------------------Neuer

Last edited:
L

Learo

I think thiago might be seen as a DM by Pep, just like yaya and busi were converted to DM. Thiago has been used in that position several times.

serghei

The problem starts with the pressing. With Pep, we won a lot of balls back in the opponent's first half. Meaning that we caught the opponent with less then 10 people behind the ball. The problem is we don't do pressing anymore. When we did, we won 4-0.

Why we don't do pressing anymore:

1. Our players are tired. Tito wants and tells them to do pressing but they don't run because... well... physically, they can't do it.
2. Tito thinks pressing isn't necessary. The players don't do pressing because they are told not to by Villanova.
3. Pressing is a sign of commitment and maximum motivation. Players don't to pressing anymore cause they're not willing to work hard on the field and expect matches to be won automatically, just by showing and putting on some boring slow-pace tiki-taka show. A sign of arrogance combined with lack of motivation.

So, there are three variables that Tito and his staff should have taken care off:

The players must be physically fit to play, the players must be hungry for succes and the players must be given proper instructions. None of these 3 conditions were supplyed in last years CL Campaign.

Home of Barca Fans