Thiago Translantara

OriginalThinking

+1

A fully fit, fully motivated Ronaldinho is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Messi

And I don't comment much in MEssi's thread because I consider him out of this world.

No....just no. Maybe Messi doesn't go in for stepovers or fancy flicks, but if you notice you have to slow down to perform these. Perhaps there is this idea that Ronaldinho supplied more 'fantasy' like his goal against Chelsea, the incredible overhead kick against Villareal and his habit of looking the other way when passing. But what more fantasy do you want than beating 4 players in a Champions League semi-final to score one of the competitions greatest ever goals against your greatest rivals (and in the process getting it right up Mourinho!)? Anyway that's off topic..

Thiago must stay and I think he's gonna. Why the hell some media outlets in Spain are briefing against him I don't know. I certainly hope it's nothing to do with the club trying to create conditions to sell. He's already shaping up to be a great player and will surely get more game time next season....though the arrival of Cesc certainly clouds matters.

Last edited:

jamrock

the only way i would be ok with cesc coming is if we sell keita next season, (yes i know we all love him) but thiago is too good and has too much talent to be 5th choice two seasons running, after that he if he develops he will push cesc down the picking order.

Butaan4barca

i believe may be its sergio roberto pep trust more...!!! remember him saying that once he will break into first team, roberto will surprise every1 !!!

so it could be true that club might actually sell thiago ...buy cesc and develop sergi roberto..who is more of quiet, not so popular in media etc. And more over who can wait for another season or two to break into first team...

Barcafan 2304

Lets cut this Ronaldinho and Messi debate short shall we.

Ronaldinho = World Class/Legend
Messi = World Class/Legend

But neither of them could lace Gary Caldwell's boots. Sorted

Barcafire

IMO, Ceac coming does not mean Thiago's going. Here's why:

The minutes Thiago would get aren't Iniesta's and Xavi's. It's usually Keita that subs in for Xaviesta. Cesc would most likely get this sub if he shows.

Thiago will still get limited playing time this season and most likely will start all the games against weaker teams and Copa del Rey. I'm guessing these are the only games he would play this coming season regardless Cesc comes or not.

Keita will get his spot filling in all random areas in midfield, CDM and even defense at times.

Plus with our team playing a false 9 these days and Sanchez looking more unlikely to come, Cesc and Thiago can play a roll of CAM, while Messi rests.

Barcafan 2304

IMO, Ceac coming does not mean Thiago's going. Here's why:

The minutes Thiago would get aren't Iniesta's and Xavi's. It's usually Keita that subs in for Xaviesta. Cesc would most likely get this sub if he shows.

Thiago will still get limited playing time this season and most likely will start all the games against weaker teams and Copa del Rey. I'm guessing these are the only games he would play this coming season regardless Cesc comes or not.

Keita will get his spot filling in all random areas in midfield, CDM and even defense at times.

Plus with our team playing a false 9 these days and Sanchez looking more unlikely to come, Cesc and Thiago can play a roll of CAM, while Messi rests.

Makes sense, hope your right

Hatem Ben Arfa

No....just no. Maybe Messi doesn't go in for stepovers or fancy flicks, but if you notice you have to slow down to perform these. Perhaps there is this idea that Ronaldinho supplied more 'fantasy' like his goal against Chelsea, the incredible overhead kick against Villareal and his habit of looking the other way when passing. But what more fantasy do you want than beating 4 players in a Champions League semi-final to score one of the competitions greatest ever goals against your greatest rivals (and in the process getting it right up Mourinho!)? Anyway that's off topic..

Thiago must stay and I think he's gonna. Why the hell some media outlets in Spain are briefing against him I don't know. I certainly hope it's nothing to do with the club trying to create conditions to sell. He's already shaping up to be a great player and will surely get more game time next season....though the arrival of Cesc certainly clouds matters.

True Story;

Guy I was sat next to in Camp Nou at half-time after Messi scored his 1st half Hat-Trick agianst Arsenal, went nuts for Ronaldinho when I brought his name up, as we were talking He says ' Ronaldinho was pure MAGIC, he was even better than Messi'!

I looked at the guy and thought 'after you what you have just seen?'

But thinking about what he said again, and i also come to the conclusion that Ronaldinho was PURE MAGIC! Not just for his ability to beat a man and doing so looking beautifuly and in an entertaining way, but also his ability to create for others with some INSANE passing and assists.

Also, does it matter if Ronaldinho has to slow down to beat 4 players? he still beats 4 players.

I'm sure you haven't forgetten his 2 goals at Bernabeu which were all just as special as Messi's solo-wondergoal in Bernabeu. And I dare say he did so running at a faster pace, or at least thats how it is in my memory.

Even fat Ronaldinho at Milan could still beat 3 or 4 players and play a pass to absolute perfection. Just a shame he wasn't serious about his fitness, training, weight and motivation.

He is an all time great for sure, just for the revolutionary new way he played the game at the time. Incorporating mindblowing skills with function and effectiveness on a level never ever seen before and probably not in our lifetimes again.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans