Thierry Henry

G.J

V.H. 4 life
The only reason a coach should make a sub is when he thinks he can do a better job. If the whole purpose of that appearance was to get his applause he could have brought him in stoppage time. Pathetic.

barca96

well, i think most of us knew it was a bad idea to play henry at emirates.
but i guess pep thought that we had the match in the bag.
there is no other reason to take ibra off for henry...i just can't find one

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
well, i think most of us knew it was a bad idea to play henry at emirates.
but i guess pep thought that we had the match in the bag.
there is no other reason to take ibra off for henry...i just can't find one

And that just showed the true colors of him ? Forget everything , when Coach decides a player has to play then he has to. what the fuck he was thinking or doing ?

barca96

but pep should've known better that henry didn't have the heart to play.
just save him for the return leg.
it was a big risk imo

utility73

I have lost alot of respect for henry after tonight. I understand his emotions towards his old club but you have to be a professional at all times.. you could clearly see that he was intentionally holding back and not tracking back (like he ussually does even when he plays sh*t) when arsenal where pressing us trying to help his beloved old club

Agree.

Henry was an absolute disgrace yesterday.
And it was a huge mistake of Pep to bring him. He probably should have known.

I've been a long time admirer of Titi, but yesterday really made me ponder if I can still support him.
That showing was absolutely inexcusable. For the first time I am not sad anymore that Henry will leave Barça this summer. What a shame.

Last edited:

christina

Pure Happiness
with all due respect to Henry and what was between him and Arsenal .. I think it was a mistake to insert him .. didnt help with nada!!!

12thGooner

Can't blame him for anything but the expression on his face was of someone who really didn't want to play, and that's not acceptable for a professional footballer of Titi's pedigree. That being said I was appalled to hear Arsenal fans boo him when he got the ball. I mean, really?

You clearly don't get the irony do you. He was a legend of a player for us and got the recognition he deserved when he came, but when he has the ball he is the opposition the booing is to remind him of that. He was last to leave the pitch and got a standing ovation. He is an Arsenal player who has retired at Barcelona.

desoe

Do you guys really think that you would see a different Henry if it was not Arsenal & not Emirates, but for example - Inter & San Siro or whoever else?

Because I don't.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Do you guys really think that you would see a different Henry if it was not Arsenal & not Emirates, but for example - Inter & San Siro or whoever else?

Because I don't.

Probably his facial expressions & emotions would have changed . :D

What lack of professionalism & sportsmanship .

barca96

Because I don't.

exactly.
bojan would've been a better choice imo to use his speed to break the offside trap.
and i would never let titi play at the emirates in the 1st place. he is too slow to make an impact last night imo.
pep's fault for being to nice to titi and arrogant for underestimating arsenal

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
You clearly don't get the irony do you. He was a legend of a player for us and got the recognition he deserved when he came, but when he has the ball he is the opposition the booing is to remind him of that. He was last to leave the pitch and got a standing ovation. He is an Arsenal player who has retired at Barcelona.

That's what we are about, about how dumb mother fucker he is!!

The most disgusting thing about yesterday's game was even the Arsenal supporters understood how to treat an opposition player irrespective of his status... but Thierry dumb Henry didn't really have a clue of how to treat an opposition

He was like :henry: wondering whether he was in France or London after he touched the ball for the first time

Beast

The Observer
He had Kaka syndrome as predicted earlier , Pep shouldn't have played him except in the last 2 minutes to get a standing ovation

barca96

before we complained that pep makes late substitutions and we ask for earlier substitutions and
look what happened..
lol

Home of Barca Fans