Thierry Henry

Pepe Silvia

"Close control" is a pretty huge exaggeration for Henry, IMO. He'd probably lose the ball more times than actually use it properly.

Everything which Jeffren did during his time on the pitch, was mainly this "1-2" quick passes with someone else on the left flank. Honestly, I'd expect Titi to mess them up, too.
True that's the story with Henry this season lose the ball. But recently he made some serious runs (last week against Xerex his first touch was sublime) but couldn't finish - yes I know Inter is not Xerex but still we needed that penetration in the box. Also, his ability to volley to the flanks is great. That control of the ball and vision was also needed (that comes from experience) just look at the volley he supplied for one of Messi's goals a few weeks ago against stuttgart. It was stellar. Would Henry have come through, I don't know but I think we would have matched their counter attack/park the bus style much better with strength. And don't discount his ability on the flanks either. When he still wanted to, he could turn on the jets for a quick second. Fuck happened to Henry.

Ibracadabra

Can someone told me, why Jeffren came in the Game instead of Henry ?

Jeffren is a young talented player, but in the game like these we need experienced Players, who could score in the last minutes, with a header maybe, so i think Henry would be the perfect Sub in this Game.

barca96

Can someone told me, why Jeffren came in the Game instead of Henry ?

Jeffren is a young talented player, but in the game like these we need experienced Players, who could score in the last minutes, with a header maybe, so i think Henry would be the perfect Sub in this Game.

remember CWC?
maybe pep was hoping for the same effect..

Silver

Today in the belgium newspaper

Laporte" If henry wants to leave, we wont stop him"

"He had a dissapointing season so far. We will respect the contract till 2011, but if he wants to leave this summer we wont stop him"

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
very lively...but clearly no end product.
he jsut doesnt have the power to take the last shot it seems.
Lively?

The ball went up in the air and he was looking at it: "naaaaaah, someone else will get it back."

his penultimate game for Barcelona. I except him to start versus Valladolid and receive a round of applause by the home crowd around the 60-70th minute when we are celebrating the title. That, or he replaces someone around that time.

maxan10

SirTugAlot
Lively?

The ball went up in the air and he was looking at it: "naaaaaah, someone else will get it back."

his penultimate game for Barcelona. I except him to start versus Valladolid and receive a round of applause by the home crowd around the 60-70th minute when we are celebrating the title. That, or he replaces someone around that time.

Maybe he was a little more hesitant than usual, but he did have a few cracks and was involved in a stray assist which to me shows he was trying despite not playing for a while.

F

FCB_Titi_LB

2010-05-07_ENTRENO_49.JPG

barca96

fenerbache is interested in henry!!
great news..at least we can make some money off him now rather than him leaving for free next summer.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
You know, the player who set us on our way to beat Real Madrid 6-2 scoring at 2 very important moments in the Bernabeu. The player who formed one of the greatest attacking tridents (and most successful) In Barcelona's history. Oh and the player that despite being on a decline due to age and injury, scored almost a goal every 2 games.

Him, that's Henry.

Aasim

Bumbleman
All legends fall. One day Messi will and i hope people respect what he has done for the club instead of bashing him at every moment.

Home of Barca Fans