Thierry Henry

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Being a bit Harsh on Thierry I think, I guess cause he was a former gunner that you are.

What about the clear cut chance Ibra missed that hit the post? for sure Thierry would of buried that.

Oh well thats what happens when your on a forum with a bunch of sour supporters who can't handle that there are other great players who come from outside of Barcelona FC!

Sour? He's been a non-factory all season, we all know it's not entirely his fault but it's still hurting the team.

How bout you support your players instead of having a go at them, give him a few games on the trot 90 minute games that is an let him find hes touch back and you will see Henry do what he does best.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Your a twat. Noone is having a go at Henry, he's just returned from a long lay off, he was never going to be sharp. We were just commenting he perhaps should have done better on one of his chances.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
How bout you support your players instead of having a go at them, give him a few games on the trot 90 minute games that is an let him find hes touch back and you will see Henry do what he does best.

I don't blame him, like Marquez and Iniesta he's struggled with injuries since before the CL final and hasn't been effective since that since he got injured at the end of last season. He can still contribute, but he's not getting any younger and probably won't be able to instantly find his forum. We have to play him and hope for the best because we can really use him, but right now he's a liability.

We've criticized Messi's form too and has been given less excuses, why aren't you defending him too?

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
I don't blame him, like Marquez and Iniesta he's struggled with injuries since before the CL final and hasn't been effective since that since he got injured at the end of last season. He can still contribute, but he's not getting any younger and probably won't be able to instantly find his forum. We have to play him and hope for the best because we can really use him, but right now he's a liability.

We've criticized Messi's form too and has been given less excuses, why aren't you defending him too?

Titi has his own forum? Let's join up!

No because Henry as been criticized since day one of Barcelona buying him, which is unfair to him.

Few glory Hunters on here, soon as things start to turn bad (mind you nothings going that bad besides a slip up against Ruban) majority of people come on here an start saying this player needs to pick hes game up or this player needs to pick hes game up or else we will have to buy in January.

For fuck sake this is the team which basically won every trophy there is to be won last season.

iced1776

What about the clear cut chance Ibra missed that hit the post? for sure Thierry would of buried that.

Have you ever actually watched Henry for Barca? Do you have ANY idea how many 1v1 chances he's wasted by sidefooting it directly at the keepers foot? His finishing has been less than consistent, even when he's on top form.

When he's in top shape his runs down the left are a huge help, but his goalscoring has never been his major contribution to the team.

V

Valon

No because Henry as been criticized since day one of Barcelona buying him, which is unfair to him.

Few glory Hunters on here, soon as things start to turn bad (mind you nothings going that bad besides a slip up against Ruban) majority of people come on here an start saying this player needs to pick hes game up or this player needs to pick hes game up or else we will have to buy in January.

For fuck sake this is the team which basically won every trophy there is to be won last season.

Nobody criticized him last season.

Titi is my football idol and one of my all time favorite players but when he's not performing I will say it and will criticize him. I still think the main reason that he's not performing is that he didn't have a good chance to get fitness and the injury didn't help it.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom

I didn't like buying Henry; he came off of a serious injury and poor season and was not the best player available, but the most high profile one. I still believe he was bought only so Laporta didn't look like a fool for failing to get him the year before. His first season was a disaster.

He has however shut me up, his comeback last year was extremely admirable, he earned his place on the team and will probably be remembered as the greatest Frenchman to play for the club so far, personally I think he's tied with Giuly for that.

However yes, he does need to pick up his game because he's a non-factor right now. Notice how most of us WANT him to improve his form, we clearly have faith he has the ability to help us, but right now yes, he is a liability and is hurting us. Besides him the other options on the left are Iniesta who rarely scores and is also out of form, and Pedro who hasn't proven the ability to be an effective contributor against dangerous sides.

Henry is nearing the end of his career and regardless of his fate with the club we do need young blood. If you are trying to show you are more than an Arsenal fan though, you are doing a poor job. Where's your defense for Marquez, who is the subject of much the same arguments as Henry though with a lot more hostility and harsher language? How about Messi, our best player who is being called a ball hog and liability?

V

Valon

Have you ever actually watched Henry for Barca? Do you have ANY idea how many 1v1 chances he's wasted by sidefooting it directly at the keepers foot? His finishing has been less than consistent, even when he's on top form.

When he's in top shape his runs down the left are a huge help, but his goalscoring has never been his major contribution to the team.

Top scorer in the team in his first season and he did score like 24 goals or something last season. ;)

Have I ever watched him play? of course I have and to say hes goalscoring as never been a major contribution makes me think have you ever watched him play for Barcelona?

Eto'o Messi and Henry are the 3 players who contributed over 100 goals last season.

And in hes first season he top the charts for Barcelona as leading goal scorer... hmmmm

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Only idiots use that quote "but Henry was your top scorer in his first season" anyone who watched us play knows he didn't turn up when it mattered, was frustrating and whiny all the time. He scored many of his goals against weak opponents and so whilst he was our top scorer (Eto'o had basically the same despite being injured for most the season) he was definitely not good in 07/08.

Messi is a ball hog though, but why not when he has the skills to do it? marquez is finished.

All im saying is keep faith in your players who brought you so much last season and they will return the faith by performing on the pitch.

I still think Thierry has 2 good season's left in him, he has struggled to get himself in full flight.

Home of Barca Fans