Thierry Henry

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Only idiots use that quote "but Henry was your top scorer in his first season" anyone who watched us play knows he didn't turn up when it mattered, was frustrating and whiny all the time. He scored many of his goals against weak opponents and so whilst he was our top scorer (Eto'o had basically the same despite being injured for most the season) he was definitely not good in 07/08.

It's like arguing that Ronaldinho's free kicks were the best part of 06/07, this might be true but it's not good because all it did was bring us humiliation. Henry did more than redeem himself in 08/09, but his first season was a disaster.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Title is won against the lower teams not against the big teams.

The title is won against ALL competition, and Thierry failed to be our primary goalscorer when Eto'o went down. He's proven he's capable of bearing the burden of goals at times (which is why we could really use him to find form) but he's been much better in a supporting role.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
My patience is almost over with the french... I don't blame him (much) for his bad performance today, because Pep shouldn't have played him in the first place...

He comes from an injury, he wasn't on top form even before the injury, he has showed lack of motivation, and on top of that he enters the pitch in the 80th minute! What the hell was Pep trying to prove? These are not the kind of games to make him the hero or to make him build his confidence...

desoe

and on top of that he enters the pitch in the 80th minute! What the hell was Pep trying to prove?

Maybe waiting for a moment of briliance.

See, sometimes players like Henry could be a complete shite for 80 minutes, before he makes that touch, which decides the whole game.

Well, it actually didn't happen like that yesterday, but what I'm trying to say is that sometimes moves like that are not completely missing a sense. As for Henry, I think that there's no other rational option than taking a goodbye with him after the end of this season. He'll not get any better with time and we need something fresh with hunger, motivation and will to succeed. Henry already won it all, he doesn't have nothing to prove anymore. He could join MLS now and have a funny time there.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Come on, you don't make subs waiting for a moment of brilliance, you make them because you, as a manager, expect a drastic change on the pitch... And even if you wait for a moment of magic, a fit player (like Bojan or Pedro in this case) is more likely to pull a lucky stunt...

Thierry

Who says chuck him.?
don't forget how much he cost us for him. Its not over yet, we want every cent's worth.

desoe

He could cost us a lot of more, if we miss the right moment to bring freshness and hunger in our squad and start losing the positions which we obtained lately.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
well looking at our game soo far this season i think we need henry to play as he gives us a scoring option down the LS so ineista can go in the mid and create their with xavi.

Galning

Henry will get back to good form, though I still think Mata would have been the right choice in the summer.

Mata? No!
What's up with all this Mata talk, I've seen him play a couple of games and he does nothing special. I can even say he was one of the worst players.

I would rather have Silva eventhough he would cost more.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Mate you need to watch Mata more. He's outstanding and is improving all the time. Much better in front of goal than Silva too.

Home of Barca Fans